Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

6 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....agree on all accounts IM.....a very fair assessment....maybe I'm old school, but I think a prerequisite for a franchise QB is to be able to put the other 10 on his back when trailing in the 4th  and calmly march his club down the field to the "W" when called upon.....unless he has a career epiphany, I don't see TT being able to do that consistently.... I see him more as a pedestrian game manager (NOT a criticism; my assessment) whose wheels are an added dimension......is he improving?....sure....is he capable of solid game(s)?....of course......everybody was clicking in the Raiders game including TT spreading the ball around and doing a nice job with reads/progressions, Shady & run game, OL and the bend don't break "D".....then we come to the Jets OVERALL stinker (hardly TT's total fault)......the Jets punched and we couldn't counter.......coaches had ZERO answers as far as adjustments.......and Dennison reminded me of a mumblin', stumblin' , bumblin' Steve Fairchild with his play calling............

Agreed...and no, it's not old school thinking....it's what a franchise QB was, is,  and will always be...the bar for QBs in Buffalo is being lowered on a daily basis.....we need better than TT....just OK or decent is not good enough to win consistently in the NFL....0.500 is not what we are thriving for hopefully......

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I was just going to say the same thing. Amazing.

Ha ha, I honestly think that he believes that which makes it even crazier.

There is some irony to the post too. He talks about “backup QBs win games all of the time” yet the QB that he loved (our former backup) won as many games with Tyrod’s supporting cast as I did. 2 of his 3 losses were against teams that drafted in the top 5 the following year (so basically terrible football teams). 

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

Agreed...and no, it's not old school thinking....it's what a franchise QB was, is,  and will always be...the bar for QBs in Buffalo is being lowered on a daily basis.....we need better than TT....just OK or decent is not good enough to win consistently in the NFL....0.500 is not what we are thriving for hopefully......

Look it up.  0utside of one year Kelly and the Bills had a top ten defense in scoring everytime they went to the SB.  As do 80 percent of the teams that go to the SB.  Kelly in his first three years had a better line and better weapons and put up worse numbers in many respect than Taylor.  There's really no better way to win than play defense, don't get penalized, and don't turn the ball over.  Most losses involve meltdowns on most or all of those categories and then everyone cries get rid of Taylor.

16 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

List all the backup QBs that can come in and "do just enough to win."  There are starters that aren't even doing that.

Thad Lewis could do what Tyrod has done this season with our D. Any starter in the league would have had the wins Tyrod got this season because any QB in the league can get one TD just like Tyrod does in most games. How about you name one QB in the league that wouldn't have gotten the wins Tyrod has being a Buffalo Bills starter. 

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Look it up.  0utside of one year Kelly and the Bills had a top ten defense in scoring everytime they went to the SB.  As do 80 percent of the teams that go to the SB.  Kelly in his first three years had a better line and better weapons and put up worse numbers in many respect than Taylor.  There's really no better way to win than play defense, don't get penalized, and don't turn the ball over.  Most losses involve meltdowns on most or all of those categories and then everyone cries get rid of Taylor.

Simply put...how many drives in the 4th Q with the game on the line has TT made...Miami last year...Seattle ? ( can't remember )..but the bottom line is, it's not enough.....he's not exactly inspiring back there when the pressure is on....we need better...

Right now, if the running ain't working, we're screwed...that's not a franchise QB.....

Just now, xRUSHx said:

Thad Lewis could do what Tyrod has done this season with our D. Any starter in the league would have had the wins Tyrod got this season because any QB in the league can get one TD just like Tyrod does in most games. How about you name one QB in the league that wouldn't have gotten the wins Tyrod has being a Buffalo Bills starter. 

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, QB Bills said:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201001100crd.htm

In the same season: https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200910110buf.htm

To all of "the only stat that matters is wins" people, do you realize how dense you sound?

One thing I wish fans could understand is that you can't use wins and losses to determine an individual player's value in a team sport. This isn't tennis or golf. 

Bret Farve could stink the place up and still pull out a win, Tyrod stinks the place up and the game is over at halftime. Winners find a way to win while losers lose.

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

giphy.gif

Looks just like the Tyrod is a franchise QB people. They don't see that it's his fault it's OC #3 or the line or the receivers, rBs. 

It's just like when Fitz was here and they lost that blown idea that all he needed was a complete team next to him to go to the playoffs. Fitz failed in both teams he was given more after us. Fitz can take us to the playoffs...NOT

Just like Tyrod just not good enough, at the end of the season it will the same old excuses its everyone elses fault we can win with him if... that if is so dry

Edited by xRUSHx

2 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Bret Farve could stink the place up and still pull out a win, Tyrod stinks the place up and the game is over at halftime. Winners find a way to win while losers lose.

fair enough...but when is the last time Tyrod stunk up the place?  I'll hang up and listen....

7 minutes ago, xRUSHx said:

Looks just like the Tyrod is a franchise QB people. They don't see that it's his fault it's OC #3 or the line or the receivers, rBs. 

Totall

His last OC became a HC after working with him!!! The same thing happened to Matt Ryan’s OC and Kirk Cousins OC.

That’s the dumbest argument yet!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

And that's not good enough to be a franchise QB...Aren't we tired of being average ?

He was a little too busy to play defense too the last two years. We scored points, Tyrod wasn’t the problem. 

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

His last OC became a HC after working with him!!! The same thing happened t Matt Ryan’s OC and Kirk Cousins OC.

That’s the dumbest argument yet!!

He wasn't offered a job in Buffalo so deal it anyway you want he was fired just like OC#1.

Edited by xRUSHx