Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

What's great about saying what you and I just did is 99% of posters agree, and (including myself) put themselves in the ledger of the vast minority of unusually smart ones. :lol:

Um, yeah outside of SDS we have the most likes on the board right now, so SCOREBOARD!! :D

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You said “that’s not good enough to be a franchise QB!!” You can’t have it both ways!!! You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

I'm very disappointed...a " Knowledgeable " football fan knows that judging a QB solely with Ws or Ls is not the way to go....Answer me this...If Detroit comes knocking on our door today and offers us Matt for TT...do you say no ?.......how about the Raiders....yeah.....check mate .......

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

You said “that’s not good enough to be a franchise QB!!” You can’t have it both ways!!! You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.

would you say he "speaks with fork tongue"?:lol:

Maybe that could be his Indian name....

Edited by JaCrispy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

I'm very disappointed...a " Knowledgeable " football fan knows that judging a QB solely with Ws or Ls is not the way to go....Answer me this...If Detroit comes knocking on our door today and offers us Matt for TT...do you say no ?.......how about the Raiders....yeah.....check mate .......

Those were your words not mine!!! I tried to quote the post. Of course, anyone would trade Tyrod for Carr or Stafford (especillay Stafford). I’m not the won that said winning 54% of the time “isn’t good enough to be a franchise QB.” You can’t have it both ways!!!

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think anybody is saying we wouldn’t love an upgrade if we could find one, but trashing Tyrod and pretending upgrades are growing on trees is just silly. 

I personally am not thrashing him...all I'm saying is he doesn't fit the " franchise QB " mold....He is the best option for this year..no doubt about that...But he's not good enough to bring us to where we all want to be...

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Those were your words not mine!!! I tried to quote the post. Of course, anyone would trade Tyrod for Carr or Stafford (especillay Stafford). I’m not the won that said winning 54% of the time “isn’t good enough to be a franchise QB.” You can’t have it both ways!!!

The way he plays simply doesn't fit the Franchise QB mold ...that's what I'm saying.....Do you think Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB ?

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

The way he plays simply doesn't fit the Franchise QB mold ...that's what I'm saying.....Do you think Tyrod Taylor is a franchise QB ?

It depends on how you define it. I think that he’s about in the middle of the league. There are A LOT of guys that people consider “franchise guys” that he has been better than this year. So, IMO, they can’t be “franchise QBs” and him not. If you consider someone like Mariota a franchise QB you have to include TT. He plays a similar style and has been a better version. He’s been better than Jameis and Cam. He’s been better than Eli and WAY better than Flacco.

To me it depends where you draw the line. If you say Brees, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson (or something like that) then of course he wouldn’t be. If you start including guys like I mentioned above, you are going to get pushback. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It depends on how you define it. I think that he’s about in the middle of the league. There are A LOT of guys that people consider “franchise guys” that he has been better than this year. So, IMO, they can’t be “franchise QBs” and him not. If you consider someone like Mariota a franchise QB you have to include TT. He plays a similar style and has been a better version. He’s been better than Jameis and Cam. He’s been better than Eli and WAY better than Flacco.

To me it depends where you draw the line. If you say Brees, Brady, Ben, Rodgers, Wilson (or something like that) then of course he wouldn’t be. If you start including guys like I mentioned above, you are going to get pushback. 

I do agree he's average....that works when you have a defense like the 2000s Ravens, or Denver in 2015...I disagree that he's better than Cam or Eli.....I don't think TT will ever win a MVP or a SB...or 2 for that matter....See, I would take Cam or Eli for the next 2-3 years without hesitation....I would also take Mariota....

1 minute ago, Iron Maiden said:

I do agree he's average....that works when you have a defense like the 2000s Ravens, or Denver in 2015...I disagree that he's better than Cam or Eli.....I don't think TT will ever win a MVP or a SB...or 2 for that matter....See, I would take Cam or Eli for the next 2-3 years without hesitation....I would also take Mariota....

Except it’s not 2007 anymore!! All that matters in 2017 is how they play in 2017.  Tell me what Eli is doing better now? He wins less, he scores less and he turns it over more. His QBR and basically every other metric supports Tyrod being a better player in 2017. You can’t just say “I think that they are” when nothing supports that. That’s been the point. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

Except it’s not 2007 anymore!! All that matters in 2017 is how they play in 2017.  Tell me what Eli is doing better now? He wins less, he scores less and he turns it over more. His QBR and basically every other metric supports Tyrod being a better player in 2017. You can’t just say “I think that they are” when nothing supports that. That’s been the point. 

Well, we know Eli has it in him to win the big one....I don't think TT does...IMO of course....

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Well, we know Eli has it in him to win the big one....I don't think TT does...IMO of course....

Yeah, but you don’t play in many “big ones”  when you have led your team to a 1-7 start. We don’t know if Carson Wentz can “win the big one” either but I’d much rather have him playing QB in 2017 than Eli. Do you disagree?

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Thad Lewis could do what Tyrod has done this season with our D. Any starter in the league would have had the wins Tyrod got this season because any QB in the league can get one TD just like Tyrod does in most games. How about you name one QB in the league that wouldn't have gotten the wins Tyrod has being a Buffalo Bills starter. 

Sure easy.  There is not a backup in the league that can come in and do what Tyrod has done over the last 2.5 years.  Going into today Tyrod was tied 15th in TDs.  Don't think its updated yet for today.  A lot of the QBs around him and above him have better oline's/ running games/ and or receivers.

1 hour ago, xRUSHx said:

Thad Lewis could do what Tyrod has done this season with our D. Any starter in the league would have had the wins Tyrod got this season because any QB in the league can get one TD just like Tyrod does in most games. How about you name one QB in the league that wouldn't have gotten the wins Tyrod has being a Buffalo Bills starter. 

Its post like this that make it really hard to take you seriously

Tyrod Taylor is a middle level starter in the NFL....Thad Lewis is not