Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

All the excuses for tyrod are great. Its been 3 years and he still does the same dumb things he did year 1 with the Bills. I dont care who the QB is he just needs to be good. A QB that cannot win if his def does not play lights out is not going to cut it.

What dumb things does he do? Hes 20-17 so cannot win is relative.

<Jeff Foxworthy voice> "When a your starting QB is not the best QB on the field in two-thirds of your NFL season schedule...you might not have a franchise QB."

Taylor definitely has stepped up his game for this debate to become legit, but his three year starting history suggests that his ceiling is probably middle to bottom half of the league and that will not be good enough for long term plans. He has a good opportunity to prove himself if he gets the team in the playoffs and they make a good run at the Super Bowl. If his play is inconsistent, then there will be a QB competition next training camp, and if he loses that, then he will be probably traded for a decent 2019 draft pick.

I have also preached consistancy this season....I still do

BUT

When every other aspect of the team is failing around Tyrod.....and he is still completing passes with his own OL getting shoved into him every play.......players committing stupid penalties.....the defense falling apart....his recievers fumbling the ball.......

its a little hard to blame it on him....

So true, yesterday was more about the complete lack of focus and execution by the rest of the team rather than TT's performance.

If you watch the condensed version of the game, and just concentrate on how much time Tyrod had, and more importantly space to throw, versus Josh McCown, it's insane. Play to play. Not even in the same universe.

Yes but why didn't we call plays to nullify the pass rush?

Whenever the Pats play a super stout pass rush they go with quick passes. Do the playcallers not trust Tyrod with quick passes?

I mean, it could be the receivers not able to get separation for those routes, I genuinely am interested. Again, I'm not a Tyrod hater and the blame should not be mostly on him.

There's maybe 6-8 franchise QBs in the NFL...TT ain't one of them....He's serviceable and the best we've had in a while, but he's not to that level....Big Ben, Brees, Rodgers, Brady, Wilson...those guys are franchise QB....

Don't forget Stanford and Luck who signed huge contracts

I read an article that said hes not allowed to do so. Who knows if thats true, but it were the case its quite damning.

I posted it here earlier but Kubiak didnt let Schaub audible in his 10th year. He was considered a cerebral vet. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. It seems to me that its something that they just dont allow. Its seems like dont and not cant.

I posted it here earlier but Kubiak didnt let Schaub audible in his 10th year. He was considered a cerebral vet. Dennison is a Kubiak disciple. It seems to me that its something that they just dont allow. Its seems like dont and not cant.

I recall a struggle when they first got to Denver too and Peyton was there.