Tyrod is a franchise QB

Domdab99

5 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

There’s absolutely no way you believe most GMs would have taken Glennon over Tyrod. That’s just silly.

Really? Glennon has a cap hit of $14.5 million this season with $18.5 million guaranteed. Tyrod has a cap hit of $9.7 million this season with $15.5 million guaranteed. There were people on this board who would have easily taken Glennon over Tyrod and many GMs would have done the same.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Really? Glennon has a cap hit of $14.5 million this season with $18.5 million guaranteed. Tyrod has a cap hit of $9.7 million this season with $15.5 million guaranteed. There were people on this board who would have easily taken Glennon over Tyrod and many GMs would have done the same.

Please tell how you can speak about what most GMs would have done or wanted to do?  How did you come to that conclusion? 

14 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

He did get a bigger contract than Tyrod. Amazingly so I must say

....and what does stupid money or ludicrous contracts tell you other than desperation?....is there a warranty or "money back guarantee"?.....Flacco getting 52 mil guaranteed....The Cutlet getting 54 mil guaranteed.......and now 10 mil for his "services(COUGH)"......Glennon at 15 mil.......now to be on the "pine"......the list is endless with no end in sight.....pretty sad state of the QB position IMO....collegiate level has no interest in being the NFL Developmental League.......

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Anybody that reads that article and watches the clips from every Bills drive against the Jets and still thinks Taylor was the problem is just a guy with an agenda.

....I'm not a TT homer, preferring to objectively analyze in year 55 (probably ain't worth MUCH), but you're 127% right......did he have his flaws?...of course.......at the same time, the OL was woeful BOTH in pass protection AND run game.......Jets stacked the box against this club which is hardly pass FIRST and the OBD bumblers could not counter.....STILL go back to Cowher yesteryear statement saying, "if the OL does NOT perform as a cohesive UNIT, everything else offensively fails".....and it did woefully fail causing the wheels to fall off.....so hats off to Castillo and Dennison for their CONTRIBUTORY parts in this debacle......

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I bet most GMs in this past offseason would have taken Glennon over Tyrod too. That’s because NFL GMs are regularly terrible and don’t know how to make good predictions. Brock Osweiler got a huge contract!

I highly, highly doubt that. From what I have read, the league thinks a lot more highly of TT than we do. Not a chance IMO any of them takes Glennon over TT. It still boggles the mind why O'Brien gave all that money to Osweiller but that was just a wild aberration I think. Osweiller wasn't even any good in college.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

we have been hitting on bringing in veteran DL recently.  I think there are better options in that facet of team building than drafting them.  there are too many factors at play when judging a prospect as a college.  if we never drafted a DL again i would be happy - pass rushers should be LB's imo or the extreme chance of a blue chip elite DE.  but never a DT or edge setting DE...well, maybe not in the first 3 rounds.

First 4 picks of the draft I would be happy going BPA at QB, OL, OL, LB.  I would go WR and DL in FA.

i do like Lawson, though.  i see him having a long serviceable career not too much off of chris kelsey.  if coached correctly and used properly he will be worth keeping.

but to turn this back to the topic, we don't have a need at qb.  we have a desire to upgrade and i think we should if we can at the right cost.  we have needs at RB2, OL, DL, LB, CB (remember Gaines isn't here next year and injured), and TE. 

With the type of team that McD wants to put together I'd be reluctant to draft DL early as well.

Have to be the right personality type for sure........a flaky individualist like Von Miller wouldn't work for McD.

Serious question about Shaq.........has he even TOUCHED a live QB this season?:lol:

The only contact I recall was touching Cams foot for a sack after he already turtled. 

And of course........ALWAYS take the BPA QB first.    Bills have never done it even ONCE.

Love 3D but give me Mahomes or Watson any day over any CB on the planet. 

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

With the type of team that McD wants to put together I'd be reluctant to draft DL early as well.

Have to be the right personality type for sure........a flaky individualist like Von Miller wouldn't work for McD.

Serious question about Shaq.........has he even TOUCHED a live QB this season?:lol:

The only contact I recall was touching Cams foot for a sack after he already turtled. 

And of course........ALWAYS take the BPA QB first.    Bills have never done it even ONCE.

Love 3D but give me Mahomes or Watson any day over any CB on the planet. 

While I agree somewhat with your post it is important to remember that BPA is relative, depending on a whole host of things

1 hour ago, IBinTionesta said:

Even Romo was clowning him late in the game. 1 on 1 on the outside and not taking his shots. Everyone can see it and that includes opposing defenses from here on out. Benjamin wins those matchups most of the time and Taylor isn't even going to think about throwing up a contested ball. I will say this, thank god we have a mobile qb like Taylor right now because if we have a statue back there behind this offensive line he will get killed!

Not taking shots or not throwing to players he doesn't trust?

Tyrod knows he has very little room for error on the stat sheet.........this regime was so lukewarm on him that they were willing to let him walk if he insisted on being paid near the middle of the league for a QB..........then they traded away his only downfield weapon in the passing game..........they were looking past him from the get-go.

He's gotten himself back in the conversation as a long term solution and throwing a bunch of interceptions or incompletions to guys that he can't trust to get open gives management an excuse to bench him in a game where the Bills defense had turned totally inept.

Hopefully when Benjamin gets in there he can be that trust guy........like Plaxico was for Eli.........and maybe he can even be a real deep threat despite his lack of speed because Tyrod can buy time for plays to develop like nobody else.   We can hope.   It's not as ideal as having Sammy streaking down the sideline at 21.5mph and accelerating to the deep ball........but it's an upgrade on Molasses Matthews and a exponentially bigger catch radius than Deonte.

10 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

While I agree somewhat with your post it is important to remember that BPA is relative, depending on a whole host of things

I always take the QB with that first pick in round 1.

And now with the rookie pay scale.........it's kinda' obvious that the best long term play is always being on QB at the top of the draft.

Bills have only TWO of their original first pick, 1st rounders on the roster to show for 17 years of no playoffs........sluggish Shaq and rookie 3D....and they are 5-3.

Must be a miracle, right?

First round picks are the most overrated method of acquiring talent. 

Beyond QB always take BPA's at critical positions that are too expensive or impossible to address in FA..........I think the Bills were drafty-for-needy last spring but you can't argue with the positions......CB, WR and LT.......3 guys at $15M positions in FA.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

55 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

And that tells us most GMs in the league would prefer him over Tyrod? His replacement was also immediately drafted so there is that.

In a way yes. It is a fact that Glennon got offered a starting spot with more money than Tyrod, who had to take a paycut to remain a starter for the Bills.

Teams in free agency obviously didn't want Tyrod as a starter for their team, and one team wanted Glennon as their starter.

So I guess you can say there was a slightly better market out there for Glennon opposed to Tyrod.

Which speaks to the inept general managers

41 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/11/3/16602430/analysis-tyrod-taylor-was-not-the-problem-in-thursdays-buffalo-bills-loss-to-new-york-jets

Anybody that reads that article and watches the clips from every Bills drive against the Jets and still thinks Taylor was the problem is just a guy with an agenda.

Agreed.  

I dont have an issue if people doubt Taylor as the long term answer and still want to draft a QB next year.  Its fair to have that opinion as he still has more to prove over the rest of the season one way or the other.  

However, anyone pinning the Thursday game on is either doing so because they just cant get passed their blind hatred of TT and are making a very biased statement, or they just really don't understand football like they think they do.  And that's just the harsh truth.

It wasn't a perfect game by Taylor or anyone on the team, but its a minor miracle that TT not only left the game healthy, but that he was able to accomplish even what he did.  Everyone on that team was letting him down from dropped passes, fumbles, and most importantly the revolving door of the OL.  The defense failed in all phases of the game too, and I don't think Denison did a very good job either.  Taylor and Zay really felt like the only guys ready to play Thursday.  

Kid showed that he is tough as nails, standing in there taking huge hit after huge hit to get the pass off.  How anyone could root against him right now is beyond me, this kid has more hearth than any Bills player we have seen in a long time.  And his teammates seem to think the same too.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and what does stupid money or ludicrous contracts tell you other than desperation?....is there a warranty or "money back guarantee"?.....Flacco getting 52 mil guaranteed....The Cutlet getting 54 mil guaranteed.......and now 10 mil for his "services(COUGH)"......Glennon at 15 mil.......now to be on the "pine"......the list is endless with no end in sight.....pretty sad state of the QB position IMO....collegiate level has no interest in being the NFL Developmental League.......

You are proving my point if you read what was going on in this page. You are pretty much agreeing in what I am trying to say

44 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Romo's best point of the night was that he must throw the ball away instead of a sack.  Difference between 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 15.  Can someone call TT and tell him to just throw it away??!!  He was better at stepping up in the pocket at the end.  Also, he needs to learn the Brady side step.  C'mon man, this isn't that hard.

48 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Please tell how you can speak about what most GMs would have done or wanted to do?  How did you come to that conclusion? 

I was responding to another poster who tried to say what most GMs would do. I’m just saying I don’t care. Osweiler and Glennon ended up with bigger contracts than Tyrod got. Flacco is still getting paid a massive salary.

I still believe outside of about 8 top tier QBs and 8 bottom tier QBs, most starting QBs are pretty close in skill. I said last year give me Derek Carr’s supporting cast before you give me Derek Carr and based on this year I’m doubling down on that. This draft needs to be about building a team around Tyrod, not selling the farm to bring a question mark QB onto a broken offense.

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Nice, pick 6 top QB’s then say Tyrod isn’t as good. Do you even hear yourself? NOBODY says Tyrod is top 6, or even close. I’m becoming very tired of you and your agenda.

My agenda is to not have a QB that can't win football games. This is the definition of Tyrod. He can keep you in a game someone else is winning for him, but in his career he's won exactly 2.

4 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

Romo's best point of the night was that he must throw the ball away instead of a sack.  Difference between 3rd and 8 and 3rd and 15.  Can someone call TT and tell him to just throw it away??!!  He was better at stepping up in the pocket at the end.  Also, he needs to learn the Brady side step.  C'mon man, this isn't that hard.

After re-watching the game, I would say that only one time in seven he had a realistic chance of just throwing it away. Maybe two.