Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

as sticks said, it's the climate. A year ago or two this comment is forgotten.

Every week we get more and more people wanting to be victims. From the dude in Seattle to Hopkins.

If these big muscle bound retards think this is offensive, yet are willing to play in a league with Vontaze Burfact I think there is irony.

This whole situation is going to be fueled by the MSM and ESPN to create controversy

It's a bunch of bull ****. McNair should grow a pair and fine Hopkins and sit him this weekend. Make that inmate learn his place. And no, I'm not joking.

You have so much to say I guarantee if one of those "muscle bound retards" were within 100 feet of you you would be quiet as a church mouse unless you were begging for an autograph. These are men who smash into other men in person not talk tough over the internet behind a psuedo name and an icon. The owners understand what you are not bright enough to understand which is if this is not handled properly then you wont be having games on sundays at all. If you really have so much to say I can tell you where you can have the chance to run your mouth to one of the "inmates" in person so someone in their circle can quickly put YOU in your place.

Edited by Madd Charlie

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing it wasn't Snyder and the Redskins. Could you imagine the backlash if Snyder misspoke the cliche and said, "You can't have too many CHIEFS in the kitchen"!!! Oh my, the outrage and the backlash that would ensue would probably shut the NFL down for good.

Sorry, but these players (and a lot of people today) are nothing but "kitties" and need to grow a backbone and wake the F up. This stuff is getting ridiculous!!!

This is a great point. And no I dont think so. But it makes you wonder why McNairs mind decides on prison instead when thats not even the proper phrase.

Probably because the word / term inmates is usually associated or more commonly associated with prison/jail. Call me crazy but just a hunch.

You have so much to say I guarantee if one of those "muscle bound retards" were within 100 feet of you you would be quiet as a church mouse unless you were begging for an autograph. These are men who smash into other men in person not talk tough over the internet behind a psuedo name and an icon. The owners understand what you are not bright enough to understand which is if this is not handled properly then you wont be having games on sundays at all. If you really have so much to say I can tell you where you can have the chance to run your mouth to one of the "inmates" in person so someone in their circle can quickly put YOU in your place.

you don't even know me to make that assumption. And you just have to trust me, I'd have no problem telling them what I think if I chose. But, essentially if they'd ask id tell them to shut up and play. Nice of you to make the assumption that I'd be scared of some idiot football player.

Or send them my way. I'm easy to find.

Edited by Boyst62

this thread seems to be going well.

seems we now live in a "you hurt my little feelings" society.

softies when it comes to the kneeling, softies when it comes to an owner calling players inmates.

as for them walking out, go for it. let the drama continue.

.....walk right into equally paying if not BETTER paying jobs should be a huge attraction..........adios...............

lol what?

I didn't say he shouldn't be playing, I said that his words and actions have consequences. Even if those consequences are unfair.

You know what, never mind. I'm backing slowly away from you and will not engage again. My bad. You remind me of someone I once knew who was a blithering idiot. Not that I'm comparing you to him, of course. I would never do that.

Nope. Wouldn't do it.

you said Kaepernick has the right to protest and that those who disagree with him were ignorant to the place of life he is in, essentially

Why can't your logic be used for mcnair?

OK, just for the record. There is not nor has there ever been an expression (or figure of speech) that "the inmates are running the prison". He bastardized the phrase "inmates running the asylum"

It's not a huge difference except in the context of a meeting about social justice and race, it implies he sees the employees as property or prisoners. It doesn't take a genius to understand that the leagues players are mostly black and that community is subject to much higher rates of incarceration than white people. This is the exact point of the protests to begin with.

The reason that matters is Asylum implies crazy, this does not have a racial component to it as mental health care basically sucks for everyone. Prison does.

Now if he had said it correctly nobody bats an eyelash. It does have a Freudian slip feel to it.

Exactly right. He slipped up and told his mostly black employees what he really thinks of them.

you don't even know me to make that assumption. And you just have to trust me, I'd have no problem telling them what I think if I chose. But, essentially if they'd ask id tell them to shut up and play. Nice of you to make the assumption that I'd be scared of some idiot football player.

so choose too and go do it record it and post it and come here and tell us where we can find it. I call BS prove me wrong you dont need to be afraid to be put in your place.

Edited by Madd Charlie

this thread seems to be going well.

seems we now live in a "you hurt my little feelings" society.

softies when it comes to the kneeling, softies when it comes to an owner calling players inmates.

as for them walking out, go for it. let the drama continue.

someone said something about snowflakes.....

The same reason Jerry Jones said he "wanted him some glory hole."

People mis-speak some times.

Thats a very common phrase and Ive never heard anyone accidentally say prison instead of asylum. It signifies where his head is at.

I mean no one should be surprised McNair is at least a little bit racist. Hes an old white guy with a lot of money. What percentage of that demographic doesnt have some racism in them? The players will get over it.

Yep, the owners are handling this real well so far. Now EVERY word they say is going to micro-analyzed, great position to be in.

And what you want to give the poster your super secret address where the players hang out so he can go up insult them and they punch him out, ROFLMAO.

right. because the implied threat of violence should prevent you from speaking your mind.

christ what is wrong with some peeps.....

How did this conversation turn to verbally/physically attacking NFL players? lmao! Wow...

All im saying is that its extremely cowardly and lame to call a group of men "muscle bound retards" and "inmates" unless you would do it to their face. Im just offering this guy the opportunity to clarify who are the real men, the guys who ball out every Sunday or this guy. If you don't like it, don't like it you have that choice. Just like kneeling, rasing a fist, boycotting the NFL, or pretending like none of it is happening and just watch the game. All choices offered by the laws of the USA

Edited by Madd Charlie

Thats a very common phrase and Ive never heard anyone accidentally say prison instead of asylum. It signifies where his head is at.

I mean no one should be surprised McNair is at least a little bit racist. Hes an old white guy with a lot of money. What percentage of that demographic doesnt have some racism in them? The players will get over it.

Oh come on!

Are you being serious?

I wonder if Hopkins maybe felt that because he was the star player, and the team needs him and likely won't do anything drastic to punish him, that he would be the guy to walk out. Rather than him being more of a malcontent. It's already reported that a lot of players wanted to not practice. If it were a scrub they could bench or cut or other wise put him in his place. Just a thought or hunch.

I wonder if Hopkins maybe felt that because he was the star player, and the team needs him and likely won't do anything drastic to punish him, that he would be the guy to walk out. Rather than him being more of a malcontent. It's already reported that a lot of players wanted to not practice. If it were a scrub they could bench or cut or other wise put him in his place. Just a thought or hunch.

I wonder if white guys on the internet could stop telling us how black people think.

This is itself a racist statement, and it's ugly.

You're looking for racism where none exists, and in the process have judged a racial group based on your preconceived biases, and it's inexcusable.

When people behave as you are, you don't capitulate, you tell them to !@#$ off, because people who make unfounded charges of racism are !@#$s, and are the entire problem with race relations in this country right now.

If a white owner said this in relation to a group of white employees, all the white employees would understand the context and normal use of that statement just means you can not always let the employees run the company's big decisions. It would not resonate at all with them as being insensitive, racial, or political, and would just be an innocent common description.

McNair has to be smarter and know his minority audience and not use those sensitive comments they might consider insensitve. That is the sensitive political and racial environment we live in right now. Owners need guidance on public statements.

there are no white players on the Texans? Sounds racist to me. But wait, he dislikes African-American's, so why is he paying them millions and not hiring a bunch of whites. So confused.

People need to find a hobby besides "offended."

That won't happen, because--unlike Kaepernick--Sherman behaves as though football is his number 1 priority. The reason Kaep doesn't have a job is because coaches want QBs that are focused primarily on football. For better or worse, Kaep isn't.

Oh I know it'll never happen...but I wish I did happen

I wonder if white guys on the internet could stop telling us how black people think.

That's actually the crux of the entire problem. Thanks for bringing light to it. It's called empathy. Look it up. I can see you don't actually possess any.

Or reading comprehension. I didn't say how black people think. I went out of my way, three different times, to say I don't know. I wonder. Just a hunch.

You're looking for racism where none exists, and in the process have judged a racial group based on your preconceived biases, and it's inexcusable.

When people behave as you are, you don't capitulate, you tell them to !@#$ off, because people who make unfounded charges of racism are !@#$s, and are the entire problem with race relations in this country right now.

I agree but that was a really stupid thing to say. I can understand why black players took it personally.

I dont care what McNair says, and I dont care how the players respond. Is this an unreasonable take? Everyone wants a reason to be angry about something these days. Your life must be f***ing amazing if crap like this gets you fired up. Nothing to see, move along imo. The media plays us all like a harp.

there are no white players on the Texans? Sounds racist to me. But wait, he dislikes African-American's, so why is he paying them millions and not hiring a bunch of whites. So confused.

People need to find a hobby besides "offended."

Good point. Slave owners had a lot of black people working for them so they also werent racist.

That's actually the crux of the entire problem. Thanks for bringing light to it. It's called empathy. Look it up. I can see you don't actually possess any.

Or reading comprehension. I didn't say how black people think. I went out of my way, three different times, to say I don't know. I wonder. Just a hunch.

When the world turns to a 38 year old white Bills fan to pick his brain about how a 25 year old black superstar athlete feels, you know you're in trouble.

Good point. Slave owners had a lot of black people working for them so they also werent racist.

:doh:

Edited by jmc12290

I agree but that was a really stupid thing to say. I can understand why black players took it personally.

People looking to be offended by racism took something innocuous and found racism in it.

As Jauronimo once said here, when the only tool you have is a shotgun, every problem looks like a tranny.

People finding offense in the innocuous is the problem, the people producing the innocuous are not.

Do you honestly believe an old white billionaire born in the 1930s and educated in the south doesnt harbor racist feelings? Besides did anyone overreact? The players expressed how they felt and one of them walked out of practice. Is that an overreaction, or are some of the posts calling the professional football players little bitches the overreaction?

Dont see what the big deal it. Its a pretty common figure of speech. Of course I dont think some guys kneeling during the national athem is a big deal either. Its only a big deal because the media and Trump made it a big deal. Outside of primetime games they didnt even show the national athem anymore.

When the world turns to a 38 year old white Bills fan to pick his brain about how a 25 year old black superstar athlete feels, you know you're in trouble.

:doh:

jmc12290...

"It makes me angry because I don't believe Colin Kaepernick is genuine."

"I don't think he's interested in making any real progress, like so many other people in the world."

Hypocrite.

Do you honestly believe an old white billionaire born in the 1930s and educated in the south doesnt harbor racist feelings? Besides did anyone overreact? The players expressed how they felt and one of them walked out of practice. Is that an overreaction, or are some of the posts calling the professional football players little bitches the overreaction?

This is extremely racist, hypocritical and gross.

What I honestly believe is that it's wrong to make assumptions about people's motives based on their race.

You're saying the equivalent of "Do you honestly believe a young, black male, born in the inner city isn't associated with a gang?" and you think it's an acceptable message.

The players feelings aren't relevant to the facts, and what the Texans' owner said wasn't racist, and has a colloquial understanding. The players are being dumb, and are the problem in this scenario.

Totally agree. I think it's a huge over-reaction.

The "straw" seems insignificant UNTIL you see what else was already on the camels back!

This is not an "athlete" vs team owner thing.

Race issues are getting to the breaking point in this country (again) and MANY of the comments in this forum are good examples of WHY.

To many of you - If you do not have a horse in this race, you would be better off to STFU.

People looking to be offended by racism took something innocuous and found racism in it.

As Jauronimo once said here, when the only tool you have is a shotgun, every problem looks like a tranny.

People finding offense in the innocuous is the problem, the people producing the innocuous are not.

Not sure that's a fair statement, because racism does exist and sometimes it may be difficult to determine what is racist and what is a poor choice of words. It's hard to read intent into every statement. And if you've been a victim of racism, it's seems likely that you may be more sensitive to it. That being said, McNair did seem genuinely sorry for what he said. Normally, that would end the conversation.