Texans ready to walk out on owner after “inmate” comments

YoloinOhio

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Consider application of the law. It's not that people shouldn't be punished, but they aren't punished proportionately. Non-violent offenders are more likely to go to jail if they are a minority.https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:US_Prisoner_Demographics.svg

Equality doesn't mean we all have the same everything, it means we're all treated the same regardless of what we look like or how much money we make. That has never been achieved, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't strive for it.

Being incarcerated also does have something to do with one’s criminal history so that stuff you posted is not all that useful.

I will bet you a dozen shots of whiskey that "the two mutated genes" that protect against heavy drinking you just referred to, are the same scientific concept that offspring of alcoholics have in their DNA, which makes them more susceptible to heavy drinking. I learn that in rehab, btw. ;)

And when discussing population genetics, in which thousands and thousands of generations of a population fails to cultivate that gene, it results in a prevalence of alcohol intolerance in that population.

It's no different than any other gene. It's no different than the Irish having a higher prevalence of red hair and green eye folks. It's not racist, because nature isn't racist.

And when discussing population genetics, in which thousands and thousands of generations of a population fails to cultivate that gene, it results in a prevalence of alcohol intolerance in that population.

It's no different than any other gene. It's no different than the Irish having a higher prevalence of red hair and green eye folks. It's not racist, because nature isn't racist.

Apparently, according to a bunch of pesky science, Indians are not more likely...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/02/12/your-assumptions-about-native-americans-and-alcohol-are-wrong/?utm_term=.f8726c14315f

https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/2/9428659/firewater-racist-myth-alcoholism-native-americans

as sticks said, it's the climate. A year ago or two this comment is forgotten.

Every week we get more and more people wanting to be victims. From the dude in Seattle to Hopkins.

If these big muscle bound retards think this is offensive, yet are willing to play in a league with Vontaze Burfact I think there is irony.

This whole situation is going to be fueled by the MSM and ESPN to create controversy

It's a bunch of bull ****. McNair should grow a pair and fine Hopkins and sit him this weekend. Make that inmate learn his place. And no, I'm not joking.

These types of views and suggestions are not only unhelpful to the climate that you pretend to dislike, these views and opinions have created the climate. It's not ESPN and MSM stoking things, it's you. Look in the mirror.

Edited by vincec

I meant it in the same vein as less intolerance for liquor. That's what all three links say.

Those aren't the same thing, as your links corroborate.

They can't metabolize alcohol as fast. That doesn't make them alcoholics. That makes them not as tolerant to alcohol. They get drunk faster and/or experience worst side effects. That's what "hold your liquor" means.

Edited by jmc12290

I'm not talking about them "being alcoholics."

You seem to be saying if a hereditary human trait is based in scientific fact, then it’s OK to make fun of the human beings affected by that hereditary trait. Nice.

You seem to be saying if a hereditary human trait is based in scientific fact, then it’s OK to make fun of the human beings affected by that hereditary trait. Nice.

I actually said it's not racist.

And while we can all pretend that McNair wasn't praising the noble history and culture of the American Natives both before and after he made an off the cuff remark with humorous intent, that's not true either.

Edited by jmc12290

Those aren't the same thing, as your links corroborate.

They can't metabolize alcohol as fast. That doesn't make them alcoholics. That makes them not as tolerant to alcohol. They get drunk faster and/or experience worst side effects. That's what "hold your liquor" means.

This says that is just not true.

https://www.theverge.com/2015/10/2/9428659/firewater-racist-myth-alcoholism-native-americans

"In fact, there’s no evidence that Native Americans are more biologically susceptible to substance use disorders than any other group, says Joseph Gone, associate professor of psychology at the University of Michigan."

Are you reading the links you keep spamming or?

This is the world we live in, nothing you can do about it. Do I think this statement has anything to do with race, No.

I work for Nicor gas here are two events that really happened.

Guy 1 totaled two dump trucks and is still with the company.

Guy 2 had a small fender bender small scratch and was fired.

Can you guess which guy is white and which guy was black?

These types of views and suggestions are not only unhelpful to the climate that you pretend to dislike, these views and opinions have created the climate. It's not ESPN and MSM stoking things, it's you. Look in the mirror.

entirely wrong. Your viewpoint and the mouth breathing sychophants adhering to popular media and crying racism to everything from atop a rooftop made this.

so choose too and go do it record it and post it and come here and tell us where we can find it. I call BS prove me wrong you dont need to be afraid to be put in your place.

I'm not going out of my way to go cause trouble for a player nor am I going to risk ending his career. But, if they meet me in a dark alley I'll be sure to show them how much of a man I am

"In fact, there’s no evidence that Native Americans are more biologically susceptible to substance use disorders than any other group, says Joseph Gone, associate professor of psychology at the University of Michigan."

Are you reading the links you keep spamming or?

I do. You apparently don't. You said the metabolism is the culprit, they cannot metabolize as fast as whites or others. So I linked something from a scientific study that says that is not true. The next sentence after the one you noted says, "American Indians don’t metabolize or react to alcohol differently than whites do, and they don’t have higher prevalence of any known risk genes."

Not really. The last actors strike was 1980 for three months. The one before that was led by Reagan in 1960. The Reality Show craze and boon started in the late 80s and early 90s with Survivor and Real World and Big Brother. Then exploded in the early 2000s. The writer's strike, if that's what you mean, was 2008. The industry did learn you didn't need writers for Reality Shows, nor actors, but that was long ago and not the reason people watch them. It's the reason a lot are made because they are so cheap.

Is the low cost due to the lack of actors?

Probably, you are basically paying for camera's and editors. Probably other things too that are low paying jobs but the ratings fill that void easy compared to having a celebrity tv show with A listers.

Likely why you see the crappy tv shows with celeb's that are C and D listers and why american idol, the voice has the A listers. They plan on them being popular enough to hire(pay) those people.

I'm sure they get a contract to start that gives them a huge chunk up front just to start for the A listers in case it's a flop but just my opinion.

Edited by The Wiz

Everything. Mostly union related. No union actors so the pay is way, way less. No regular screenwriters or union screenwriters so the pay is way way less. The producers pay is way less except if they have had a couple hits and in demand. No union crew members or production people on a lot of them. No time cost like setups for lighting as much as a normal show. It's all thinking up ideas, staging them, shooting them quickly, and then editing.

I do. You apparently don't. You said the metabolism is the culprit, they cannot metabolize as fast as whites or others. So I linked something from a scientific study that says that is not true. The next sentence after the one you noted says, "American Indians don’t metabolize or react to alcohol differently than whites do, and they don’t have higher prevalence of any known risk genes."

As much as I'm inclined to believe a professor of psychology in these matters, I actually like to read primary literature to form opinions based on the evidence.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1530-0277.1981.tb04858.x/full

https://oup.silverchair-cdn.com/oup/backfile/Content_public/Journal/alcalc/32/2/10.1093/oxfordjournals.alcalc.a008246/2/32-2-129.pdf?Expires=1509238054&Signature=Q9BF50aq7xGy41C9QFAceYg5q7fHU99sGsHl26dJQJg0~uLZ33MOHMm78XF0N0xIsa-LrvhLxtfegxzsv8dzf-NKfI7jNS0f0Gcj4g8ByLthCxGZ0afBCMJQ5qqMwSAo7HXz~vgWBo45hK98aqcfKIukdjZKqQgHR2CfzxUa4N5-hZ~v30Ye1iNWnt4LYEVguruja8yaWkRmo19VKOoq6vceYpTM6BxTwVUfBGNMrTGS-j0F4K0STQDeF0rZhKV3X3G5gCFgk-83kwzOYC-Y4HU6F~ULNvvjOqG~J3JJN6JNrVQkfscNZCNG2u9gl9KmvGkC-fzPV7pusuW8Sqo60A__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAIUCZBIA4LVPAVW3Q

https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007%2FBF00197271?LI=true

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC303676/

Edited by jmc12290

This is the world we live in, nothing you can do about it. Do I think this statement has anything to do with race, No.

I work for Nicor gas here are two events that really happened.

Guy 1 totaled two dump trucks and is still with the company.

Guy 2 had a small fender bender small scratch and was fired.

Can you guess which guy is white and which guy was black?

was the owner, supervisor black or white?

Also how long have they been there and what is their job position?

Also where is this jobs location?

Edited by The Wiz

Didn't Cletus kick your ass at the TBDHOT last year or a couple years ago?

it was a draw. Neither will claim victory. Unless he wants to. I can't remember if it was him or I who was dropped on the tree root. I think him.

I guess racist owners who exercise their right to free speech are exempt from criticism and boycott?

I guess only a person who was pushing an agenda and lacked the grasp of the English language and looking to cry racism would cry racism in what he said.

Genetic testing is expensive. A single study with genetic analysis of 95 people is better than none.

https://alcohol.stanford.edu/alcohol-drug-info/i-bet-you-didnt-know/metabolism

Genetic differences in these enzymes may help to explain why some ethnic groups have higher or lower rates of alcohol-related problems. For example, one version of the ADH enzyme, called ADH1B*2, is common in people of Chinese, Japanese, and Korean descent but rare in people of European and African descent (12). Another version of the ADH enzyme, called ADH1B*3, occurs in 15 to 25 percent of African Americans (13). These enzymes protect against alcoholism (14) by metabolizing alcohol to acetaldehyde very efficiently, leading to elevated acetaldehyde levels that make drinking unpleasant (15). On the other hand, a recent study by Spence and colleagues (16) found that two variations of the ALDH enzyme, ALDH1A1*2 and ALDH1A1*3, may be associated with alcoholism in African-American people.

Although these genetic factors influence drinking patterns, environmental factors also are important in the development of alcoholism and other alcohol-related health consequences. For example, Higuchi and colleagues (17) found that as alcohol consumption in Japan increased between 1979 and 1992, the percentage of Japanese alcoholics who carried the protective ADH1B*2 gene version increased from 2.5 to 13 percent. Additionally, despite the fact that more Native American people die of alcohol-related causes than do any other ethnic group in the United States, research shows that there is no difference in the rates of alcohol metabolism and enzyme patterns between Native Americans and Whites (18). This suggests that rates of alcoholism and alcohol-related problems are influenced by other environmental and/or genetic factors.

Be realistic for a minute. McNair was talking about black players doing a protest about black rights (right or wrong). He was at a meeting that was exclusively about this issue. He referred to the players as inmates and accidentally said prison instead of the correct phrase. You really think that race didnt play a factor in that situation? You have to reeeaaallllyyy stretch to think it was just an innocent mistake with no further implications. It doesnt mean McNair is evil, or a KKK member. But no player is going to be happy to hear that thats how their employer views them. I would be upset if my boss said that in private about me and my coworkers, and Im a white guy who works in an office.

Stop. It's not up to the African-American players to decide whether a comment is racially offensive to them; it's up to a bunch of white guys on the internet.

it was a draw. Neither will claim victory. Unless he wants to. I can't remember if it was him or I who was dropped on the tree root. I think him.

Cletus has not claimed victory. Every time I ask Fergy, it's a different answer. All I know is I can take either one of you. #lowcenterofgravity

Everything. Mostly union related. No union actors so the pay is way, way less. No regular screenwriters or union screenwriters so the pay is way way less. The producers pay is way less except if they have had a couple hits and in demand. No union crew members or production people on a lot of them. No time cost like setups for lighting as much as a normal show. It's all thinking up ideas, staging them, shooting them quickly, and then editing.

There are actually plenty of union reality shows. I've worked on a few. There's also quite a budget range these days. Something like Cops, or Big Brother are dirt cheap, because once they are set up, it's pretty much "run and gun" with a minimal crew. Other shows like Hell's Kitchen, or American Ninja Warrior have a pretty decent size budget, and pay pretty well, but are not in production for very long. A season of Hell's Kitchen takes only five weeks to shoot.

It's also a fact that they are not physiologically more likely to start drinking to excess than Europeans, nor are the offspring of an alcoholic, but if they do indeed start drinking, then their tolerance is way less. That is the physiological difference. Which is why the numbers are so high. But there are millions who do not start drinking. So to just blanket statement that Indians don't hold their whiskey is a racist statement, just assuming something by the color of their skin.

I'm sorry but you just contradicted yourself and completely missed his point. There is no "racism" in his statement in terms of bigotry.