Win the next 2 and I'm ALL IN

Steptide

we've seen this many times before. The bills start hot and drop off

2008: 5-1

2011: 5-2

2014: 5-3

2016: 4-2

2017: 4-2

So here we are in the same boat as many times before. I'm not yet convinced that the bills are legit. Defense gave up alot of yards this past Sunday. Offense has had its woes. The bills win the next 2 and I'll be convinced. 6-2 is still not a guarantee of anything, but would surely set us up nicely for the playoffs. What say you

Yes 6-2 is not a guarantee, but this team has not never had that record after 8 games at any point during the drought.

In fact I've pointed out before they have never been 6-4 or better since the first year of the drought back in 2000 so even reaching that milestone this year could be telling.

If we do get to 6-2 though I'd certainly start buying into the playoffs as a very realistic possibility.

Somebody who knows what the hell they're doing with this kind of stuff needs to start a poll on what scenario of wins and losses gets folks to buy into the playoffs.

Once we've clinched.

During this drought, we lost to a Pittsburgh team playing mostly backups, at home, even though we needed it to get in.

There's nothing that can make me stop expecting tradegy until it's mathematically set in stone.

So here we are in the same boat as many times before. I'm not yet convinced that the bills are legit. Defense gave up alot of yards this past Sunday. Offense has had its woes. The bills win the next 2 and I'll be convinced. 6-2 is still not a guarantee of anything, but would surely set us up nicely for the playoffs. What say you

The record maybe the same , but c'mon this is a totally different team just from a year ago , the reason why I have hopes for this season is not because of defense or offense, # 1 they're playing like a TEAM # 2 I believe the coaching staff does a great job getting the team ready for Sunday ,

The record maybe the same , but c'mon this is a totally different team just from a year ago , the reason why I have hopes for this season is not because of defense or offense, # 1 they're playing like a TEAM # 2 I believe the coaching staff does a great job getting the team ready for Sunday ,

I don't disagree with you, but I would argue that the talent was better on some of those previous teams.

I like most of what I've seen so far, and really do have a positive outlook on the future, but depth is a serious issue on this team. There is a dramatic drop in talent in almost every position group. EJ Gaines goes out with injury almost every game and as soon as he's out the secondary opens up (just as one example).

I think over the next few years this team will be well built, but it will take a whole crap of load of injury luck to stay competitive through this season. Fingers crossed.

Edited by Acantha

I like most of what I've seen so far, and really do have a positive outlook on the future, but depth is a serious issue on this team. There is a dramatic drop in talent in almost every position group. EJ Gaines goes out with injury almost every game and as soon as he's out the secondary opens up (just as one example).

I think over the next few years this team will be well built, but it will take a whole crap of load of injury luck to stay competitive through this season. Fingers crossed.

I do like Gaines, but we definitely need to get another solid corner and maybe slide Gaines to the slot

I do like Gaines, but we definitely need to get another solid corner and maybe slide Gaines to the slot

I honestly don't pay that much attention to individual matchups (I tend to follow the ball during the games and don't have times for replays). But zoomed out view, EJ seems to be doing a much better job than I thought he would. There is a clear downgrade in our secondary when he is out of the game. I don't think he's been a problem, but there's nothing behind him. And that's true for everything outside of the DL.

the only thing that we need to know is are you in balls deep. if not, get outta here.

Once we've clinched.

During this drought, we lost to a Pittsburgh team playing mostly backups, at home, even though we needed it to get in.

There's nothing that can make me stop expecting tradegy until it's mathematically set in stone.

Dilly, dilly

For me it depends how they win. If the stumble into a victory with turnovers like the Atlanta game I will be naturally happy but "not all in". If we can get the offense moving and a passing game and win, then i will be all in. We have not had one dominant win except for maybe the Jets game which if I recall they were in the game into the mid 3rd qtr.

I'm always all in, every year regardless of record. But "Are we talking playoffs? Playoffs?"

If by all in you mean, watching every game and routing for the bills, then yes I'm all in. However I'm talking about believing that this team is a legit contender for the playoffs. Nobody expected anything from the bills this year and I'm not quite ready to get my hopes up yet

you chasing him around? then you wonder why he is always pulling your chain.

as for all in. I actually felt before the season started they would win 10 games and get the wildcard.

so far they're on the right track...afro.gif

Starting to look like you were right and I was wrong with 7-9. And I couldn't be happier.

Starting to look like you were right and I was wrong with 7-9. And I couldn't be happier.

Wonder if 9-7 gets in this year.

Once we've clinched.

That's me, too. I was at that game. Willie Parker, some UDFA rookie nobody had ever heard of before that game, ran for 100+ yards. I'll be "all in" when they clinch a playoff spot.