Td celebrations are over the tops

Howard

This is like people that b*tch about today's bat-flipping young hotheads ruining baseball, when clear video evidence exists of Roger Maris doing the same thing.

My late uncle who lived in Chicago years ago used to tell me stories of Mike Ditka getting up and whining for a flag each and every time he was tackled. No, that's not the same thing as TD celebrations, but let's not pretend the players of yesteryear were just a bunch of strong, silent types either.

I am sure there were a few players who did that in their day, but its not comparable to what it is now.

People bat flip from getting base hits now in baseball lol and every single person has to dance after making a play in Football

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the celebrations are a bit silly, and too long, but for the most part they don't bother me.

What I get sick of are all the celebrations that are made by players for getting a first down or for simply making a tackle. That is dumb.

I agree with all this. Sometimes the TD celebrations can really crack me up too.

It was, I think I enjoyed those seats being empty so he could do that more than anything. What a loyal fan base they have there.

Ya, my first thought too! Love it!

Look at me.

Look at me.

Look at me.

The selfie generation has become predictable.

Kinda like the Ickey Shuffle? 20 years before the selfie?

Old, crusty, grouchy pricks are way more predictable, if you ask me.

It is entertainment.... You old farts.
Entertainment? I enjoy football not childishness. Spike the ball or throw it into the stands, fine. Lambou leep ok, but the hide and seek? Embarassing at best.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Entertainment? I enjoy football not childishness. Spike the ball or throw it into the stands, fine. Lambou leep ok, but the hide and seek? Embarassing at best. Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

It's not childishness, it's called entertainment. Don't like it? Lobby for NFL Commissioner... meanwhile we have bigger issues, like the multitude of flags constantly ruining game flow and addressing player safety with larger suspensions and heftier fines to deter these awful cheap shots we see.

If anyone really wanted their celebration to stand out this season, this is what they'd do.

Of course, they'd probably get ejected/suspended for almost making contact with a ref.

I think that might be what the NFL is after...let them have their freedom, but also over-saturate the fan so it is not so meaningful. After all, this is about brand power. If EVERYONE is doing something special, the few "celebrants" can't capitalize. If EVERYONE is celebrating, then the few bad exceptions are marginalized. For instance, Von Miller's pelvic celebrations weren't just noteworthy for their content, they were additionally noteworthy because they were trampling the perceived prohibition against certain types of celebration. Von Miller got additional name/brand recognition, but the NFL got bad PR! This year, if a player does something "over the line" it is the player that gets the bad PR and the NFL brand looks reasonable. After all, they have allowed celebrations, but not those types of celebrations!

They studied attitudes about this many years ago and found it mostly breaks down by race. White people don't like animated celebrations. Black people enjoy them more. Given the racial breakdown of WR/RBs in this league - it's no surprise that TD celebrations are more animated than the average white guy wants to see.

What is the profile of the TBD community? Any idea?

I remember when guys used to score a td at Rich stadium or even the Rockpile. My wife and son would say "dad watch him spike the ball" and weed laugh at how the ball would bounce when they threw it to the ground. Ive seen all kinds of td dances lately like the bathtub washing and the shoot the dog and the boxing match. Why do these guys feel the need to look like goofs doing these dances? At least Gronkorski just throws the ball in to the turf. Then there are these other guys that need to make a specktackle of themselves and they look dumb. They walk a dog or they pee like a dog but they look dumb. I hope Mcdermott doesn't put up with these weird dances. We are better then this.

gronkspike.gif

gronkdance2_original_original.gif?w=1000

Gronk-Celebration_crlsif.gif

Please.

I'm a 38-year-old white guy, and I absolutely LOVE the NFL finally letting players celebrate touchdowns again.

This is a sport. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be entertaining.

These creative TD displays are something the league has been sorely missing. The penalties for "excessive celebration" were pathetic.

I dont mind the TD celebrations even though I think lately they are getting to be too long. The team deserves the celebrate a TD. I personally like when the player just gives the ball back to the ref and is very casual like he has done it 100 times. What bothers me is the celebrations for first downs. Your job is to catch or run the ball for as many yards as possible. No points, no celebration.

I disagree. I think the Rams players should have gotten out of the way.

I love Gronk's celebrations!

Gronk's celebrations are great, because they're celebrations. Playing hide and seek, though cute, is not a celebration. Nor is mimicking a stop-and-frisk (which I actually thought was very funny, far more so than hide-and-seek.)

Please.

I'm a 38-year-old white guy, and I absolutely LOVE the NFL finally letting players celebrate touchdowns again.

This is a sport. It's supposed to be fun. It's supposed to be entertaining.

These creative TD displays are something the league has been sorely missing. The penalties for "excessive celebration" were pathetic.

Fair enough, but that's just your opinion though.

A lot of fans don't like the celebrations and find it obnoxious and not entertaining at all

Edited by billsfan11

You think there are people in America that haven't seen your junk?

it's something that can be seen more than once...like star wars or the godfather.

I would most definitely still include the team. maybe have another point to it for you?

as time went on, there would have to be an evolution of the celebration, so i could see this happening. maybe then the cheerleaders get involved, crowning it with their pom poms.

With high-def TV and the zoom capabilities of the cameras, someone might even notice.

a small penis joke!

Fair enough, but that's just your opinion though.

A lot of fans don't like the celebrations and find it obnoxious and not entertaining at all

i could see not liking it, but i don't understand how someone would actually let it bother them.

I remember when guys used to score a td at Rich stadium or even the Rockpile. My wife and son would say "dad watch him spike the ball" and weed laugh at how the ball would bounce when they threw it to the ground. Ive seen all kinds of td dances lately like the bathtub washing and the shoot the dog and the boxing match. Why do these guys feel the need to look like goofs doing these dances? At least Gronkorski just throws the ball in to the turf. Then there are these other guys that need to make a specktackle of themselves and they look dumb. They walk a dog or they pee like a dog but they look dumb. I hope Mcdermott doesn't put up with these weird dances. We are better then this.

To start excellent English "weed" and "specktackle".

Second the NFL actually brought back celebrations because the league was so tight with anything so I will take an occasional overboard celebration compared to the way things were before this year.

Third go yell at a cloud old timer.