McDermott and Kyle Williams postgame locker room speech

HappyDays

Love it! Kyle needs to get into Marcel's ear and ride his ass 24/7. If we can get supreme effort and focus out of Dareus this could be a truly special season!

he showed a lot of effort yesterday. double teamed most of the day but for a guy who some feel isn't showing enough effort. it was he on the last play that tackled the player to end the game

https://video.twimg....nRGOUGcB2vO.mp4

awesome stuff!!

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

These are the types of leaders that TreD needs right now to keep him focused. The poor kid has had Julio Jones, AJ Green, and Mike Evans to deal with these past few weeks, probably the best three tall receivers in the world and he gets 'em all back to back. Speeches like this probably mean the world to the younger guys like he and Zay, who are having some mental growing pains right now.

Lorenzo Alexander seems to be another great veteran stabilizing force for this team. He's like the new Freddy.

he showed a lot of effort yesterday. double teamed most of the day but for a guy who some feel isn't showing enough effort. it was he on the last play that tackled the player to end the game

https://video.twimg....nRGOUGcB2vO.mp4

awesome stuff!!

I was going to say the same thing. Don't give up on Dareus yet people. I don't think he is a malcontent as has been rumored. Maybe he needed some tough love, but McDermott is the kind of guy to do it right. Two points:

1. As DaBillsFan said, Marcel made the tackle on the last long lateral play of the game. He was right there at the end fighting.

2. Watch Marcel's face during Kyle's postgame speech (linked above) he looks happy, engaged, he keeps saying "yes sir" to all of Kyle's statements.

I love how McDermott is running this team. And as for Kyle, why wait for retirement, put him on the Wall now!

Tell me Dareus ain't all in

4 years of Mario Williams plus two years of Club Rex...maybe MD is learning how to buy in all over again... fingers crossed, but I liked what I saw...hopefully it wasn't just because FO and ownership were there.

Edited by JaCrispy

Tell me Dareus ain't all in

1 play worth mentioning. On that 3rd and 5 play for the Bucs when Evans got a TD, look at Dareus on that play.

Was he effective on that play? Not really, but he was busting his ass late in the 4th quarter to try and chase Winston down.

He gets a lot of grief for not trying and I think rightfully so at times, but he gave it everything he had on that play.

Is it possible he just isn't good anymore, because yesterday sure didn't look like lack of effort from him

I'm not going to blow things out of proportion, especially when there are so many serious things going on in the world...

But if we don't get Kyle Williams into the playoffs, somebody needs to rot in The Hague for crimes against humanity.

I cant help but get this feeling that in the end our playoff hopes are going to ride on Marcel and Zay Jones

2 guys that have a lot more in them then what has been shown so far

The whole is more then the sum of its parts {Aristotle}

1 play worth mentioning. On that 3rd and 5 play for the Bucs when Evans got a TD, look at Dareus on that play.

Was he effective on that play? Not really, but he was busting his ass late in the 4th quarter to try and chase Winston down.

He gets a lot of grief for not trying and I think rightfully so at times, but he gave it everything he had on that play.

Is it possible he just isn't good anymore, because yesterday sure didn't look like lack of effort from him

At least he was trying.Which is good. problem is the effort from the offseason and training camp etc. dareus is a freakish YOUNG talent who

isn't playing anywhere near his potential. He has to really want to work. While I am strongly in favor of medical marijuana--anyone who has been around pot knows what it does to motivation.