Jordan Poyer injury - Out for Raiders game

YoloinOhio

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm assuming if Poyer is out, Elston starts?

Bummed about Poyer, but looking forward to watching what Elston does!

I'd be more concerned for Humber. He isn't even holding onto the handlebars!

Bike messengers do that all the time. Humber's form is good. He'd get a few middle fingers for going so slow but he won't die like Alexander.

@BradleyGelber

From Poyer's fiance... Doesn't sound super promising for Sunday. #Bills

DNAdjYeWAAE7De3.jpg

@Nick_Wojton

VIDEO: Jordan Poyer(knee) said he's taking things "day-by-day" this week. Added he was v nervous at first, then realized he was good. #Bills

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/923271404971286528/pu/vid/1280x720/sRo8NNjo7y7ifZmY.mp4

@JonScottTV

Jordan Poyer leading the #Bills injury report with knee injury. He's encouraged by progress made in short time. Here are full thoughts.

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/923273066398003201/pu/vid/1280x720/sOoXUrvq27ASsTax.mp4

Buddy of mine sent me a photo of his fiance in a photoshoot. Poyer is blessed.

One of Gurley's TD runs was all setup by a big Sammy Watkins killer block this past weekend. And, Sammy DID put it together in 2015 over the 9 games to end the season after the bye where he was healthy after the early season rib injury.

There is a BIG issue in LA with the Rams people commonly are over looking. Goff is NOT lighting up the field by any means.

He is only averaging 245 yards per game and barely over 1 TD per game. He's only had 2 games with more than 1 TD, and had a game with zero. He has not been great at throwing down field either, so the guys benefiting the most are the guys consistently running shorter routes or seeing single coverage like Woods, Kupp and the TE's.

Sammy is drawing the attention of the top corners, allowing guys like Woods and Kupp more room to operate, and Sammy is often double teamed. I watch every Rams game, and if anyone watched the game they would see all these same things. It mostly falls on Goff who is taking of advantages of the openings elsewhere while Sammy draws the better DB's and doubles.

Goff still has a long way to go as a passer, and that is by far the biggest reason for Sammy's lack of recent production. Watkins is out there stretching the field on a lot of his routes with a QB who isnt very good throwing downfield yet and has a ton of weapons underneath seeing single coverage because of Watkins that are easier, higher percentage throws.

#elitedecoy

Lorax is thankful that the bike is stationary. He is all over the place.

Those stationary bikes in particular are hard as hell. Try burning 40 calories on one of those things as fast as you can. It ain't easy.

I'd really like to see a healthy backend of the D against Carr and all his weapons. It looked like they started putting together the deep ball against the Chiefs last game. This one is going to be tough.

I miss the Watkins = Julio comparisons. What did Julio do in year 4 again?

They've moved the goal posts.

It's now:

"Goff just isn't good with the long ball. Not only that, do you see how much he opens up the field for the rest of his players? "

:lol:

One of Gurley's TD runs was all setup by a big Sammy Watkins killer block this past weekend. And, Sammy DID put it together in 2015 over the 9 games to end the season after the bye where he was healthy after the early season rib injury.

There is a BIG issue in LA with the Rams people commonly are over looking. Goff is NOT lighting up the field by any means.

He is only averaging 245 yards per game and barely over 1 TD per game. He's only had 2 games with more than 1 TD, and had a game with zero. He has not been great at throwing down field either, so the guys benefiting the most are the guys consistently running shorter routes or seeing single coverage like Woods, Kupp and the TE's.

Sammy is drawing the attention of the top corners, allowing guys like Woods and Kupp more room to operate, and Sammy is often double teamed. I watch every Rams game, and if anyone watched the game they would see all these same things. It mostly falls on Goff who is taking of advantages of the openings elsewhere while Sammy draws the better DB's and doubles.

Goff still has a long way to go as a passer, and that is by far the biggest reason for Sammy's lack of recent production. Watkins is out there stretching the field on a lot of his routes with a QB who isnt very good throwing downfield yet and has a ton of weapons underneath seeing single coverage because of Watkins that are easier, higher percentage throws.

A lot has to do with them having huge leads a lot of the games so they are running the ball most of the second half

I already linked Goff's stats, short passing game isn't true. He rated very well in every category. I'm not sure if you are the same guy who said this before but it's false.

According to NFL Next Gen stats Jared Goff ranks 12th in the league in average air yards per completion. Two of those above him are Kevin Hogan and CJ Beathard with very small sample sizes in comparison. Some of the names below him? Big Ben, Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Philip Rivers, Eli, the two Matts (Ryan and Stafford), Alex Smith, Cam, our own dear Tyrod.

So yea, the idea he is running some sort of short passing offense in comparison to the average doesn't stack up.

Emmitt Smith used to get injured every game but then he would just play.

Maybe Gaines is like him he just wants attention so he brings issue.

Emmitt won awards for injuries derisively called Emmys.

He would go down in wreathing pain every game at least once, get helped off and return after one play out. Like a clock.

At the sports bar I use to frequent we played a drinking game to this.

Edited by cba fan

What if Trae Elston becomes the greatest safety of all time?

I love his aggressiveness and willingness to sacrifice his body to lay a lick. Could be trouble in coverage though. Praying poyer plays. Would be a big loss vs this passing offense

I love his aggressiveness and willingness to sacrifice his body to lay a lick. Could be trouble in coverage though. Praying poyer plays. Would be a big loss vs this passing offense

He's pretty aggressive attacking the LoS and could be fooled by play action. Let's hope Poyer plays as you intimated.

I feel like I read somewhere that "Exaggeration is a tool of the mentally unprepared in battle of wits"

:lol:

That is the most complete, inexplicable, devastating, horrendous, inexcusable, absurd, overexaggeration, ever uttered in the history of the human spoken word.

and it is racist. :flirt:

Edited by cba fan

Saw a post on the official Bills facebook page from a somebody that claims they know Poyer and he's apparently not going to play tomorrow but hopes to ready for the Jets.

If true we are going to get lit up by the Raiders starting two scrubs in the secondary.

Are you concerned?

Are you concerned?

Yes. I think this will be a our first blowout loss of the season, no way we are going to hang with the Raiders after what they did against a superbowl team like the Chiefs.

But I've sad all along that all playoff teams have a bad loss or two like this over the course of the season, obviously look what happened to a playoff team like the Dolphins just other night.

Yes. I think this will be a our first blowout loss of the season, no way we are going to hang with the Raiders after what they did against a superbowl team like the Chiefs.

But I've sad all along that all playoff teams have a bad loss or two like this over the course of the season, obviously look what happened to a playoff team like the Dolphins just other night.

Did you just say "a playoff team like the dolphins"

That was so last year week.

Yes, early in the season lots of s#it goes down. Honestly I don't think the Fish or the Bills are legit playoff teams, this year. I honestly, truly, deeply hope I'm wrong about the Bills. Tanking does little to help a team. Winning this year is the best predictor of winning next year. This team is learning how to win, despite a dearth of great talent. IMO, that's far more valuable than a higher draft pick.

Yes, early in the season lots of s#it goes down. Honestly I don't think the Fish or the Bills are legit playoff teams, this year. I honestly, truly, deeply hope I'm wrong about the Bills. Tanking does little to help a team. Winning this year is the best predictor of winning next year. This team is learning how to win, despite a dearth of great talent. IMO, that's far more valuable than a higher draft pick.

i dont base the whole season off tomorrows game....but i think we now need our offense to start manufacturing points if we want to make the playoffs

Run run run the ball.

Limit the time Carr has the ball and can find a groove. Carr is excellent throwing over the middle. Preston has been a liability in coverage, I look for Carr to have a big game. TE Cook will be targeted a lot. With EJ out Wright will get picked on to.

Over the last few weeks I have watched the folks here give you a pretty rough time with every post you make and have tried to give you the benefit of the doubt. This, however, is quite possibly the dumbest attempt at a serious statement I have ever read, anywhere.

1st blowout loss??? You think there will be at least one and probably more? This team has shown no sign of letting that happen at any point this year even once, let alone multiple times.

KC SB team??? Looked to me over the last two weeks more like a choke in progress.

"Bad loss"??? What the hell is a good loss?

Miami a playoff team??? If that caliber of play is what will define this year's playoffs, I'm going to spend my time watching soccer.