Fire Rico Now; be done with it.

I don't think I've ever openly advocated for anyone to be fired this soon. In no specific order:

1. He was't McD's first choice to be the OC for the Bills; he was essentially the best option left on the table for the Bills.

2. His last stints as OC (Denver and Houston) his offenses have managed to finished 11th; 11th; 10th; and 31st (Houston)....then 18th; 21st (Denver); in points scored (we're currently 26th); much like Rex Ryan, his schemes and gameplans haven't evolved; his offenses have gotten stagnant or worse over the years. And that was with him being linked to Kubiak, who sometimes took over control of the playcalling at halftime according to Denver fans b/c it wasn't working out for the team (as per their message boards). Houston fans were happy to see him leave; Denver fans were really happy to see him leave. How many people here were actually happy to see Lynn leave? Not many. For good reason.

3. The guy is 60yrs old and he wasn't McD's first choice. Forget Tyrod, do we want Rico to be the OC for a rookie QB? Is this the offensive mind we intend to have groom our future QB? Is this the guy that's going to be here for the next 3-5yrs?

4. Dennison, in less than half a season, has managed to turn the #1 rushing offense in the league in 2015/2016, to a bottom-half rushing offense. Shady has one rushing game of +100yds this season; he has 4 consecutive games of garbage. Shady has scored 0 Touchdowns so far. He is averaging 3.2yds per carry. His career low prior to this was 4.1ypc back in his rookie season.

4a. Tyrod is averaging 3.8 yds per rush; and he averaged 6.1 last season. Tyrod has zero rushing TD's as well; he had 6 last season. Tyrod and Shady have combined for ZERO RUSHING TD'S THROUGH 5 GAMES. Let that sink in. This team was built to run the ball and its two main threats have a combined ZERO RUSHING TD'S. How we're even 3-2 is a miracle.

5. Miller and the offensive line dominated the run game last season; they look lost this season. Miller is now being benched in favor of Ducasse. Ducasse is not the future, he's garbage. If Rico thinks Ducasse is better than Miller, then that alone is an indictment of where Rico's worth to this team. This O-line clearly doesn't work well with Rico's run blocking scheme because the majority of the run plays the D-line is blowing up our O-line at the LOS. How many rushes has Shady had for -3 or -4 yards because the defender is in the backfield before Shady even has the ball.

What Rico is doing to this offense is no different than what Rex did to the defense. Rico is taking players out of their element and making them perform functions they don't excel at in order to fit his antiquated scheme. Is this the guy we plan on developing our future QB? His play calling is wildly inconsistent, at best; it lacks imagination; it simply doesn't perform. His offenses haven't performed well since at least 2012.

Cut the cord now; the Bengals cut it and have vastly improved. We cut it last year with Roman and vastly improved. Rico is not the future for anyone currently on this offense or anyone that we'll be drafting next year.

I'll say this much, hard to completely evaluate the offense with how talent deficient they are. They have the worst group of receivers in the NFL.

That said, it's not hard to evaluate the run game and situational football. This is where Dennison seems the most of of touch. His play calling and adjustments are head scratching. And I agree, he's not someone I'd want mentoring a young QB.

The even bigger problem is

Juan Castillo
Offensive Line / Run Game Coordinator
Plus Dennison not letting Taylor do what he is best at scramble , run , not pocket and timing passes.

miami just fired their O-line coach.. worth a look? or take a powder on him?

Edited by dwight in philly

I stated numerous times that Roman would be missed. He got the most out of TT and the offense as a whole.

Rex throwing Roman under the bus was a mistake, and now we have an offense that is good at nothing and struggles to function at even an average rate of production.

I'm very curious as to how McDermott settled on him after McCoy went to Denver. Were there any other candidates? Dennison just came out of left field with no fanfare or track record of success.

I'd totally be on board with firing him but the big question is who replaces him?

The only defense I can muster for Dennison isn't much of a defense. It's that the WRs and now the TEs are so talent-deficient that the defenses are stacking the box. There aren't any cutback lanes for Shady. The reason this isn't much of a defense for Dennison, is that this year's WRs aren't much worse than last year's. Watkins hardly played. Woods was better than people realized at the possession game. Now the only option for possession is the TEs, and with Clay hurt, they're too easy to cover.

OK, so, you've got a very elusive RB, a pretty good power RB (Tolbert), the best running QB in the league, and a pretty mobile O line. You've got two weeks. Put in a very heavy run-first offense, including the option plays for the QB to run or hand off. Dennison doesn't have Payton Manning here, a great but immobile passer. He has the opposite. A decent passer (yes, really) who runs great. But TT just looks hesitant to run now, like he's having it drilled into his head not to.

I agree with the OP that what's going on is a coordinator who's determined to impose his vision on the team, not to use the talent that's there to win.

Greg Roman would be a big improvement. He put in the offense that Anthony Lynn simplified to get good results.

McDermott just doesn't seem to be the kind of guy that will hire and then fire his own staff. I'm just going off of pure opinion on analyzing the little bit I've seen of him in press conferences.

It really sucks. I agree Dennison is not fit for the offensive players on this team. But what really gets me going is that he sticks with HIS gameplan instead of adjusting to the players.

He has a bit of Rex in him in that regard.

Oh and in his press conferences, he looks like he just downed a liter of Jack Daniels.

14-2 Baby. Look forward. Be positive.

I honestly think they are going to get better as a team. Much better. This year. This year still has huge potential.

Rico is going through some growing pains. Bengals game was an embarrassment, but when you combined the crap weather with the crap receiving corps, you get a pretty bad game offensively.

If the offense doesn't start producing much better and start clicking within a couple of games from here, I will grab one of Dennison's legs and help throw him under the bus.

I'm very curious as to how McDermott settled on him after McCoy went to Denver. Were there any other candidates? Dennison just came out of left field with no fanfare or track record of success.

I'd totally be on board with firing him but the big question is who replaces him?

Hes had some success but hes always been tied to Kubiak for the most part. And most of his success occurred +5years ago. His last 3 coaching seasons have produced subpar results.

I just feel its inevitable with this guy. I dont see him lasting. Like someone else said, if he cant formulate an offense to maximize the current strengths of the offense, how can we expect this guy to formulate an offense thatll work to a rookie QB's strengths?

I like Dennison.

He's got a WR who can't catch and a QB who can't throw, which means teams are stacking the box and killing the run game.

How the hell is any of this his fault?

I don't think I've ever openly advocated for anyone to be fired this soon. In no specific order:

1. He was't McD's first choice to be the OC for the Bills; he was essentially the best option left on the table for the Bills.

2. His last stints as OC (Denver and Houston) his offenses have managed to finished 11th; 11th; 10th; and 31st (Houston)....then 18th; 21st (Denver); in points scored (we're currently 26th); much like Rex Ryan, his schemes and gameplans haven't evolved; his offenses have gotten stagnant or worse over the years. And that was with him being linked to Kubiak, who sometimes took over control of the playcalling at halftime according to Denver fans b/c it wasn't working out for the team (as per their message boards). Houston fans were happy to see him leave; Denver fans were really happy to see him leave. How many people here were actually happy to see Lynn leave? Not many. For good reason.

3. The guy is 60yrs old and he wasn't McD's first choice. Forget Tyrod, do we want Rico to be the OC for a rookie QB? Is this the offensive mind we intend to have groom our future QB? Is this the guy that's going to be here for the next 3-5yrs?

4. Dennison, in less than half a season, has managed to turn the #1 rushing offense in the league in 2015/2016, to a bottom-half rushing offense. Shady has one rushing game of +100yds this season; he has 4 consecutive games of garbage. Shady has scored 0 Touchdowns so far. He is averaging 3.2yds per carry. His career low prior to this was 4.1ypc back in his rookie season.

4a. Tyrod is averaging 3.8 yds per rush; and he averaged 6.1 last season. Tyrod has zero rushing TD's as well; he had 6 last season. Tyrod and Shady have combined for ZERO RUSHING TD'S THROUGH 5 GAMES. Let that sink in. This team was built to run the ball and its two main threats have a combined ZERO RUSHING TD'S. How we're even 3-2 is a miracle.

5. Miller and the offensive line dominated the run game last season; they look lost this season. Miller is now being benched in favor of Ducasse. Ducasse is not the future, he's garbage. If Rico thinks Ducasse is better than Miller, then that alone is an indictment of where Rico's worth to this team. This O-line clearly doesn't work well with Rico's run blocking scheme because the majority of the run plays the D-line is blowing up our O-line at the LOS. How many rushes has Shady had for -3 or -4 yards because the defender is in the backfield before Shady even has the ball.

What Rico is doing to this offense is no different than what Rex did to the defense. Rico is taking players out of their element and making them perform functions they don't excel at in order to fit his antiquated scheme. Is this the guy we plan on developing our future QB? His play calling is wildly inconsistent, at best; it lacks imagination; it simply doesn't perform. His offenses haven't performed well since at least 2012.

Cut the cord now; the Bengals cut it and have vastly improved. We cut it last year with Roman and vastly improved. Rico is not the future for anyone currently on this offense or anyone that we'll be drafting next year.

I 100% agree with this. He has "Rex'd" the offense. Took great players and tried to impose a scheme onto them that does not fit. He should be fired . Roman may be available after the season? Perhaps another OC will be available once they realize that our D is stout again.

It's difficult to blame the OC when there isn't much to work with.

I am tired of firing everybody at a moment's notice. If the offense still stinks as the talent level improves, then it's time to fire someone.

But right now there isn't much anyone can do.

And like I said in another............... when two of the team's highest paid players are firmly trenched in the doghouse....... it's a problem.

I like Dennison.

He's got a WR who can't catch and a QB who can't throw, which means teams are stacking the box and killing the run game.

It's not. It wasn't Roman's fault, either. He was a terrific OC who got saddled with a bad quarterback who limited the playbook. There's only so many yards and points you can squeeze out of the run game while relying on simple passing concepts before other teams start shutting you down.

I like Dennison.

I liked Rex too. He was the kind of guy you wanted to have a beer with or invite over for a BBQ. But the results were what they were.

On a coaching level, what has Dennison ever done to give us confidence? Are we going to hang our hats on his success (which was probably tied to Kubiak) from 5+yrs ago? Thats very Rexy.

Yes.

I liked Rex too. He was the kind of guy you wanted to have a beer with or invite over for a BBQ. But the results were what they were.

On a coaching level, what has Dennison ever done to give us confidence? Are we going to hang our hats on his success (which was probably tied to Kubiak) from 5+yrs ago? Thats very Rexy.

I don't care about his past with other teams.

There is not an OC in history who could make this offense decent with the current roster.

It's difficult to blame the OC when there isn't much to work with.

I am tired of firing everybody at a moment's notice. If the offense still stinks as the talent level improves, then it's time to fire someone.

But right now there isn't much anyone can do.

And like I said in another............... when two of the team's highest paid players are firmly trenched in the doghouse....... it's a problem.

The problem is that we dont fire coaches soon enough. Rex shouldve been gone after week 2 last season. We let them linger, bring in their own crappy schemes and set the team back another 3yrs.

Now we are going to have to give Dennison 2-3yrs to bring in Olineman that can run his offense?

I gave Dennison some credit for adapting the offense to Taylor's strengths after the Broncos/Falcons games.

But on Sunday, it seemed we were back to gluing our QB into the pocket. No roll-outs. No scrambles. No option plays.

I agree 100% with the Rex Ryan comparison. Especially on the O-Line.

The blocking scheme has been a disaster.

I don't care about his past with other teams.

There is not an OC in history who could make this offense decent with the current roster.

Watkins and Woods were both out last yr at the same time. Shady got injured in the same game vs the Dolphins. We were missing Sammy, Woods, and Shady. And we still moved the ball, on the road, and scored what 25pts? Its been done.

Problem #1 the Oline cant run block. Thats a pretty large problem when youre built to run the ball, wouldnt you say? Its the equivalent of putting racing tires on a wrangler and being surprised when it cant function Offroad

Watkins and Woods were both out last yr at the same time. Shady got injured in the same game vs the Dolphins. We were missing Sammy, Woods, and Shady. And we still moved the ball, on the road, and scored what 25pts? Its been done.

Problem #1 the Oline cant run block. Thats a pretty large problem when youre built to run the ball, wouldnt you say? Its the equivalent of putting racing tires on a wrangler and being surprised when it cant function Offroad

This is a tank season. There's no talent on the offense by design. It's silly to hold Dennison responsible for it.

This is the first part of the process. Trust it.

This is a tank season. There's no talent on the offense by design. It's silly to hold Dennison responsible for it.

This is the first part of the process. Trust it.

Ok. So you want Dennison coaching up a 1st round rookie QB, and requiring at least 3 new offensive linemen bc the current olinemen we have cant block in his scheme? Miller was rated as one of the best OG last season; a really good young player. And now hes benched in favor of Ducasse. DUCASSE?!

We dont owe Dennison anything. He clearly wasnt McD's first choice. Its not working. Cut it loose now.