Fire Rico Now; be done with it.

If McBeane won't fire him we can always use our rescoures and ensure it happens.

We are going to need a hooker, an 8 ball, and a cell phone.

Count me in.

But how are we going to get rid Of Dennison ?

I have issue with Castillo and Dennison.

I expect as time moves ever forward adjustment will be made by The McBeanes.

Dumping them now looks foolish.

and even pedestrian. HC need to set them both straight after this weekends introspective sauna and colon cleansing. (bye week).

Honestly not one for semi knee jerking reactions, myself.

All three may be hard to come by in Buffalo.... Been a 17 year drought here....

This is exactly why Brandon broadened the Fan Base.

Welcome to Rochester Rico !

I don't think I've ever openly advocated for anyone to be fired this soon. In no specific order:

1. He was't McD's first choice to be the OC for the Bills; he was essentially the best option left on the table for the Bills.

2. His last stints as OC (Denver and Houston) his offenses have managed to finished 11th; 11th; 10th; and 31st (Houston)....then 18th; 21st (Denver); in points scored (we're currently 26th); much like Rex Ryan, his schemes and gameplans haven't evolved; his offenses have gotten stagnant or worse over the years. And that was with him being linked to Kubiak, who sometimes took over control of the playcalling at halftime according to Denver fans b/c it wasn't working out for the team (as per their message boards). Houston fans were happy to see him leave; Denver fans were really happy to see him leave. How many people here were actually happy to see Lynn leave? Not many. For good reason.

3. The guy is 60yrs old and he wasn't McD's first choice. Forget Tyrod, do we want Rico to be the OC for a rookie QB? Is this the offensive mind we intend to have groom our future QB? Is this the guy that's going to be here for the next 3-5yrs?

4. Dennison, in less than half a season, has managed to turn the #1 rushing offense in the league in 2015/2016, to a bottom-half rushing offense. Shady has one rushing game of +100yds this season; he has 4 consecutive games of garbage. Shady has scored 0 Touchdowns so far. He is averaging 3.2yds per carry. His career low prior to this was 4.1ypc back in his rookie season.

4a. Tyrod is averaging 3.8 yds per rush; and he averaged 6.1 last season. Tyrod has zero rushing TD's as well; he had 6 last season. Tyrod and Shady have combined for ZERO RUSHING TD'S THROUGH 5 GAMES. Let that sink in. This team was built to run the ball and its two main threats have a combined ZERO RUSHING TD'S. How we're even 3-2 is a miracle.

5. Miller and the offensive line dominated the run game last season; they look lost this season. Miller is now being benched in favor of Ducasse. Ducasse is not the future, he's garbage. If Rico thinks Ducasse is better than Miller, then that alone is an indictment of where Rico's worth to this team. This O-line clearly doesn't work well with Rico's run blocking scheme because the majority of the run plays the D-line is blowing up our O-line at the LOS. How many rushes has Shady had for -3 or -4 yards because the defender is in the backfield before Shady even has the ball.

What Rico is doing to this offense is no different than what Rex did to the defense. Rico is taking players out of their element and making them perform functions they don't excel at in order to fit his antiquated scheme. Is this the guy we plan on developing our future QB? His play calling is wildly inconsistent, at best; it lacks imagination; it simply doesn't perform. His offenses haven't performed well since at least 2012.

Cut the cord now; the Bengals cut it and have vastly improved. We cut it last year with Roman and vastly improved. Rico is not the future for anyone currently on this offense or anyone that we'll be drafting next year.

I'm with you. Don't think you are wrong on this. Why wait two years for the inevitable like we did with Rex. In my business you can tell within 15 minutes if someone is right for the job, full of crap, or it's just over their heads. Rico's 15 are up.

There is not enough talent on offense to win consistently in the NFL. Simple as that, can't blame the OC for not getting production out of a load of backups.

well, yes you can. especially if are thinking the McDermott way. Seriously my friend.

I know they are playing with the O line and have no WRs.

But they still have to call plays against a particular defense.

You cannot keep running left with 7 in the box and negative yards waiting to set up something.

and running team who wants to grind it needs to add the extra tackle or guard on the edge.

How about a Tolbert Shady I form. And Dimarco on the edge.

Take some risks

I'm with you. Don't think you are wrong on this. Why wait two years for the inevitable like we did with Rex. In my business you can tell within 15 minutes if someone is right for the job, full of crap, or it's just over their heads. Rico's 15 are up.

Maybe a few extra minutes in the interview would help? :)

Were the Browns right to fire Bellichick?

But I'm as frustrated as anyone about the offense. Last year we had enough points... We just couldn't overcome Rex...

I wonder if TT is just not a good fit for Rico's O. Seems like the O is designed to get the ball out a lot quicker. For example, TT was a split second too late on that red zone bootleg last game and tossed the ball over the TEs head. If he makes that throw immediately, it was a TD, as the announcers pointed out.

I am not a "bench TT" guy, but I do wonder if the O would look as it was intended to look with peterman back there.

I wonder if TT is just not a good fit for Rico's O. Seems like the O is designed to get the ball out a lot quicker. For example, TT was a split second too late on that red zone bootleg last game and tossed the ball over the TEs head. If he makes that throw immediately, it was a TD, as the announcers pointed out.

I am not a "bench TT" guy, but I do wonder if the O would look as it was intended to look with peterman back there.

TT is not a good fit for any O that requires passing.

Maybe a few extra minutes in the interview would help? :)

Were the Browns right to fire Bellichick?

But I'm as frustrated as anyone about the offense. Last year we had enough points... We just couldn't overcome Rex...

I get what youre saying, but Dennison is 60. Hes been in the NFL for years. Nothing new is coming.

Well said.

Yeah Fire him!

How can an offense with Zay Jones as the number one WR and Andre Holmes as the number two, and no Charles Clay in 2nd half not put up more than 16 points?

With an awesome change of pace back like Tolbert square in his prime backing up McCoy it's clear Dennison needs to go.

C'mon man. Look what Rico did what the run game. Has absolutely nothing to do with the WRS. He took the number 1 rush offence to trash. How do you explain that with the same running back and virtually same o line minus cordy glenn missing a few games?

Yeah Fire him!

How can an offense with Zay Jones as the number one WR and Andre Holmes as the number two, and no Charles Clay in 2nd half not put up more than 16 points?

With an awesome change of pace back like Tolbert square in his prime backing up McCoy it's clear Dennison needs to go.

That's the reason I lean toward patience, though I'm pissed we tossed out an offense that scored points for one that doesn't. Obviously, last years O with this years D and we are in the playoffs. Story of our lives.....

No.

You don't be the Browns and fire everybody. This constant changing of schemes is stupid and has caused this drought to go on and on.

Keep Dennison at least for this year unless something absolutely drastic happens. Firing him in week 5 of his first year here is silly.

Also, I bet half the people calling for G-ro to come back were the same ones calling for his head last year.

Recognize when you screwed up on hire, take action and move along.

That's the reason I lean toward patience, though I'm pissed we tossed out an offense that scored points for one that doesn't. Obviously, last years O with this years D and we are in the playoffs. Story of our lives.....

Ya I personally think Dennison is a joke. Not to say he has a lot to work with but it is inexcusable to run the number 1 run game last year into mediocre.

But to your point, the Bills can never have a good offence and defence at the same time. Only one lol

Where is Greg Roman when you need him - LOL

Same title as Castillo with the Ravens and doing reasonably well.

Ravens traded up with us on that, big time. Revenge for the Lee Evans trade!

Recognize when you screwed up on hire, take action and move along.

Tough to get someone good off the street this time of year. Remember Rico wasn't McDermott's first choice already.

Look what Rico did what the run game. Has absolutely nothing to do with the WRS. He took the number 1 rush offence to trash. How do you explain that with the same running back and virtually same o line minus cordy glenn missing a few games?

In fairness, Juan Castillo is the "run game coordinator", and I believe McDermott hired him BEFORE Dennison, no??

Edited by BobChalmers

In fairness, Juan Castillo is the "run game coordinator", and I believe McDermott hired him BEFORE Dennison, no??

Not too sure to be honest. I know Rico had a very similar run scheme (possibly the exactly the same) In Houston and Denver, so I am pretty sure it is dennisons baby. Could be wrong but that is my educated guess

Well thought out post. Bills wont cut bait with Rico anytime this season but they should. Rico is now the Rex of the offense.

Castillo was hired by McDermott before an OC was selected. That decision certainly gives me pause about what kind of hc McDermott will be. Castillo has a love affair with Ducasse and it is absolutely absurd how they have ruined a potent running game.