Rain all game tomorrow

PinOak

Plays into the Bills favor? I think so

No. Both teams have to play in it. It may cause problems with holding onto the ball, so it could cause the usually careful Bills to put the ball on the ground a few times. I always feel like inclement weather ( aside from high wind) favors the offfense. Defenders don't know where they are going, they are chasing. Bills already have an advantage in kicking, so I wouldn't say any great advantage is gained.

12:00 PM

SUN

Rain

67°

68°

70%

81%

SE 5 mph

1:00 PM

SUN

Rain

68°

69°

75%

80%

SE 5 mph

2:00 PM

SUN

Rain

69°

70°

80%

81%

ESE 5 mph

3:00 PM

SUN

Rain

70°

71°

80%

82%

ESE 6 mph

4:00 PM

SUN

Rain

70°

71°

75%

84%

ESE 5 mph

No. Both teams have to play in it. It may cause problems with holding onto the ball, so it could cause the usually careful Bills to put the ball on the ground a few times. I always feel like inclement weather ( aside from high wind) favors the offfense. Defenders don't know where they are going, they are chasing. Bills already have an advantage in kicking, so I wouldn't say any great advantage is gained.

This. The offensive player knows when and where he's going to make a cut before the defensive player with coverage knows. Because he does, he can prepare better to make the cut without slipping more effectively than the defender. If the only inclement condition is rain (winds tomorrow are supposed to be light and variable) It has never appeared to me that good players have that much more difficulty holding on to the ball or catching it compared with dry conditions. The knowledge and expertise of the visiting equipment manager is also key. It's his job to make recommendations about what footwear players should use. You assume the home team knows what kind of shoes work best when their own field is wet, but the visitors may not unless the equipment manager has experience on that field and does his homework.

How many players are from Buffalo or any of the northern states?

How many players in today's NFL practice outside in rain and snow?

This harsh weather advantage is just a ridiculous myth.

How many players are from Buffalo or any of the northern states?

How many players in today's NFL practice outside in rain and snow?

This harsh weather advantage is just a ridiculous myth.

The Bengals actually don't have an indoor practice facility. Because mike brown is cheap. Marvin Lewis has been asking for one since 2011.

Harsh weather conditions usually have worked AGAINST the Bills the last several years, so I don't think it will help much. The Bills teams of old would revel in delight during bad weather, but these recent teams not so much.

That was when our team wasn't built around fundamentals and consistency. I think we were often beat by fundamentally sound teams in those games for that reason. I agree about the past performance, but I wouldn't be surprised to see a different result tomorrow.

Is anyone watching the Michigan game? I don't want my pre-game drinks watered down! I'll be shopping for ponchos and sippy cups in the morning! :beer:

I hope it's not the same rain that is currently coming down in Ann Arbor. MSU at Michigan at the moment looks like what it must be like to sit in base of Niagara Falls.

I forgot my Authentic Maid of the Mist poncho (in blue, of course). I feel ashamed for my lack of foresight....

Harsh weather conditions usually have worked AGAINST the Bills the last several years, so I don't think it will help much. The Bills teams of old would revel in delight during bad weather, but these recent teams not so much.

With that logic, you can just as well say that the Bills are due to win a game in bad weather.

can you give any specific examples? You are making some pretty broad statements.

Plays into the Bills favor? I think so

Updated forecast has 90% chance of rain at 1:00pm, 90% chance at 2:00pm, 95% chance at 3:00pm...

That's according to weather channel and for zip code 45202 where the stadium is located.

Edited by Fadingpain

Rain favors the offense so I don't particularly see it helping us. Makes it harder to drive on the ball or pop off the DLline...offense knows where they are going and OL benefit when defenders can't cut/explode as easily.

Updated forecast has 90% chance of rain at 1:00pm, 90% chance at 2:00pm, 95% chance at 3:00pm...

That's according to weather channel and for zip code 45202 where the stadium is located.

I think the important thing is not whether it's raining or not, but how heavy the rain is