Bills Sign WR Philly Brown and Two Safeties

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol knew this would happen. Why improve the passing game? There are only 12 games left and the playoffs are an actual possibility.

As expected. They are taking a long term approach, we saw that this offseason. Anyone expecting them to trade away future assets for the now was off track.

Lol knew this would happen. Why improve the passing game? There are only 12 games left and the playoffs are an actual possibility.

By doing what? They are heavy on run game and using their TE's. And it's working. You bring back a guy that knows the offense for a couple weeks.

Why have players on practice team if they don't use it to promote when needed

they may not be game ready. Also, if you move to 53 man roster you need to keep them on there for 3 games (or they are guaranteed 3 game checks at least). In this case that makes sense with Matthews time frame. But if you need to move them off when Matthews is back, you have to waive them and you risk them getting claimed by another team. You can't just move guys back and forth to the PS. If there isn't a lot of difference between philly and Reilly (or Dupree) at this stage, better to sign the FA if they don't want to risk the developmental player. Edited by YoloinOhio

Awesome. Another guy that might not be able to even be a YMCA flag all star. My god. Come on. By far, without an equal, we have the worst wide receiving corps in the league. Hands down. Especially without Matthews.

It's hard to believe that even a leading Canadian League WR isn't better than Philly Brown?

I get what we are doing, and like the direction, but we needed a WR before the season, and we still need three now.

UGH!

Stupid decision not bringing Reilly up. This kid has amazing hands (unlike Zay) and we'll never know how good he can be if this staff doesn't at least give him a chance.

Philly Brown, wupdedo

LOL Zay is a reception monster in NCAA for years and fights the ball in the NFL for a couple games and all of a sudden he has bad hands. Recency bias much?

Kid caught 399 balls in college. He doesn't have bad hands. To use hockey terminology, he's gripping the stick too tight right now

Awesome. Another guy that might not be able to even be a YMCA flag all star. My god. Come on. By far, without an equal, we have the worst wide receiving corps in the league. Hands down. Especially without Matthews.

It's hard to believe that even a leading Canadian League WR isn't better than Philly Brown?

I get what we are doing, and like the direction, but we needed a WR before the season, and we still need three now.

UGH!

And we're 3-1.

This is somewhat what I expected but meh. He adds a tiny bit of speed. I expect Holmes to be the #1 and Zay #2 and Philly #3. Yikes.

If Tyrod can succeed with these guys for a month, he has to be reconsidered.

yeah, this group scares no one. Philly works as a short term replacement in the slot. I am hoping that they continue to incorporate Logan Thomas.

And we're 3-1.

Correct. And probably 4-0 and a firm favorite this week with an NFL caliber receiving corps.

Never get complacent. Huge game this week, both for season direction and AFC record. Winnable. Much easier so, with NFL caliber players at a key position that hasn't been addressed.