Derek Carr - Emotional? Or a Jerk?

Gugny

Humber breaks his hand and comes back into the game.

I have no doubt that back spasms hurt. I'm not trivializing the severity of the pain.

But a broken hand hurts just as bad, I'm sure. And he went back out there.

ever had a back injury? It affects your whole body and ability to move

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is why you DONT look at the stat box to see what happened in a game.

I literally just painted you a play by play of exactly what happened. Starting 8 for 8 and having 3 straight drops by WRs right in their hands, 2 of which are for TDs equals blaming the WR's. They 100% are the reason they lost the game...its not even debatable.

No mention of WHY they had no timeouts left? EJ and his regular lack of awareness.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20887809/oakland-raiders-quarterback-derek-carr-leaves-game-lower-back-injury

Some comments he made really took me aback.

"I think he just got roughed up there," Del Rio said. "He got tackled, and something caused his back to spasm up. I didn't see much that would indicate that he would be injured, but his back spasmed up, so that's what it was."

Told that Del Rio said it was a spasm, Carr said, "I'm glad he knows. That's awesome."

"It won't be fun," Carr said of the flight back to Oakland. "But at the end of the day, no one really cares. I'll do my best to get comfortable, but as soon as I see my two baby boys, it will feel a little bit better."

I don't know boo about the guy, but he comes off as a dick, to me.

He's deeply religious.

No mention of WHY they had no timeouts left? EJ and his regular lack of awareness.

I didn't see it, but from what I read yesterday coming in from the cold ...

EJ was on target and driving down the field until he got INT'd at the end of the game.

how odd is it that the people calling other people TT haters are some of the worst EJ haters here?

EJ is gone, Gilmore is gone, Sammy is gone. Move along people there's nothing to see here.

"At first, you're like, 'Oh my gosh, what the heck?' But you kind of give it a little bit and let as much of the pain wear off as it can and go from there. I tried to come in and let [trainers] work on it. I tried to throw and those kinds of things. It just wasn't ready yet -- not saying it won't be [ready next week]. It just wasn't ready today. I tried to do anything I could to be back out there, but I just couldn't."

What is it with these young players having to proclaim that they're not going in until they say they're ready? Pretty selfish, if you ask me.

EDIT: And who the hell says, "oh my gosh, what the heck?" Fake ass.

Come out and say it you raging bigot. He's a Christian and you can't deal with that.

I've had my back spasm/lock up, just walking around. It's not fun.

I'm wondering why they are even calling it back spasms?

In the video of the play, he took a knee to his lower back. You could see him reach his hand back there and squirm a little bit like he was in pain.

I am no expert, but I thought spasms were totally different from a bruised back. I thought spasms were twitchy muscles.

Seems more like an impact injury to me. But, just guessing from what I saw.

Actually they only had 1 timeout when EJ entered the game, so putting it on him is a bit silly don't you agree?

Do you not think the circumstances under which the third timeout was taken show a lack of awareness by the QB? You'll find no argument that he threw some nice balls. Not mentioning the TO seems like a weird omission. Edited by mike22nc

Carr was so intent on tidying up that day, on Oct. 25, 2015, that by the time Jones saw him, the quarterback had two armfuls of wrappers, plastic cups and discarded beer bottles.

“He was about to go out on the field and he was looking for a trash can. He couldn’t find one,” Jones recalled.

“I said, ‘Derek, why don’t you let me take care of that? I know you have to go play the second half.’ He just looked at me, like, ‘Thank you’ and ran out to the field.”

Kind of Anti Raider no?

It is only in the coddled world of entertainment/Hollywood/sports/music/NFL, that something any reasonable person who was raised by good parents would be excepted to do like "pick up after himself", is celebrated and newsworthy when someone does it vs scorned when they do not. Makes you wonder how jerky all these celebrities really are.

Same goes for the clubhouse attendant who offered to help the guy. He is a good person also just like Carr.

In the video of the play, he took a knee to his lower back. You could see him reach his hand back there and squirm a little bit like he was in pain.

I am no expert, but I thought spasms were totally different from a bruised back. I thought spasms were twitchy muscles.

It is twitchy muscles. It appeared Carr twitched them by stretching awkwardly on the fall.

I didn't see it, but from what I read yesterday coming in from the cold ...

EJ was on target and driving down the field until he got INT'd at the end of the game.

how odd is it that the people calling other people TT haters are some of the worst EJ haters here?

EJ is gone, Gilmore is gone, Sammy is gone. Move along people there's nothing to see here.

EJ looked real good. Completed his first 8.

That last INT he was clearly throwing it up for a contested catch which his WR failed at. Rogers and Brady do this, all, the, time.

Edited by cba fan

Back spasms suuuuuck.

No defining injury for me, but pretty sure the service industry slowly borked up my back and hips. Long hours, lots of standing, improper footwear, young and not paying attention to that sorta thing.

So....why is Carr a dick?

....not to mention affecting your leg movement.....the torque to that region during dropbacks, rollouts and scrambles has to be painful as hell......

It is twitchy muscles. It appeared Carr twitched them by stretching awkwardly on the fall.

If you watch the video, it shows a Denver tackler flying into the scene and kneeing Carr in the back (somewhere near the kidney area). Immediately after the knee impact, Carr reaches around with his hand and grabs the same exact spot on his back where the knee impacted and twinges in pain.

So if kneeing a person in the back causes spasms, I guess I could believe it is spasms. Just seems like they would have said it is a contusion instead of spasms. Del Rio said "something caused his back to spasm up" I am guess that Del Rio said that not realizing he got kneed in the back. And that also might be why Carr responded with the comment "I'm glad he knows. That's awesome." Would make sense why he made the smart ass remark.

Edited by PolishDave

Back injuries SUCK, and the worst thing is that he can't take the kind of meds that really help, specifically steroids. Sure, he shoot off to planet Krypton on a handful of Oxy's, but only a big batch of prednisone makes you feel well again.

Oddly I feel the need to defend EJ's game a little on Sunday.

EJ started 8/8 and on his 9th throw he threw a fantastic TD that Cook dropped. Now 8/9, his 10th throw was a first down throw dropped by Cooper (I think it was Cooper). Now 8/10, his 11th throw was a gorgeous pass to Cook into the end zone for another TD, except Cook dropped his 2nd TD within 3 passes on the same drive, right through his hands.

If Cook catches EITHER of those, the Raiders only need a FG to win on the final drive where they had over 3 minutes left. Instead, they have to take the FG on 4th down and make it a 6 point game instead of a 2 point game had it been a TD.

Having no timeouts, the Raiders had to press and try and push the ball downfield and EJ through a high point ball downfield to what is SUPPOSED to be an Elite WR (I capitalized SUPPOSED because Cooper is having a terrible season overall with 8 drops already including 2 TD drops on the same drive a couple weeks ago) and yet he got out jumped by a smaller DB for the INT. In fact, I actually thought Cooper made a weak effort to go get that ball or prevent the INT.

No defense for bad EJ in Buffalo, he just didn't get it done here, but his teammates let him down and lost that game for him Sunday. In fact, had Cook caught that TD its pretty likely the Raiders win that game on the comeback.

Absolutely right. That was the single best drive EJ has put together in his NFL career! It was also the single best drive the Raiders have put together since Carr went down at the end of last season. Will it last? C'mon, we all know better than that. But he had me pulling for him, and I am a longtime Raider hater. EJ, you done Doug Whaley proud.

Meanwhile: Jack Del Rio, just shut up.

Knee never touched him. Romo said it did before he saw a replay and then he wouldn't back off the statement. Guy got twisted and jerked around.

Oddly I feel the need to defend EJ's game a little on Sunday.

EJ started 8/8 and on his 9th throw he threw a fantastic TD that Cook dropped. Now 8/9, his 10th throw was a first down throw dropped by Cooper (I think it was Cooper). Now 8/10, his 11th throw was a gorgeous pass to Cook into the end zone for another TD, except Cook dropped his 2nd TD within 3 passes on the same drive, right through his hands.

If Cook catches EITHER of those, the Raiders only need a FG to win on the final drive where they had over 3 minutes left. Instead, they have to take the FG on 4th down and make it a 6 point game instead of a 2 point game had it been a TD.

Having no timeouts, the Raiders had to press and try and push the ball downfield and EJ through a high point ball downfield to what is SUPPOSED to be an Elite WR (I capitalized SUPPOSED because Cooper is having a terrible season overall with 8 drops already including 2 TD drops on the same drive a couple weeks ago) and yet he got out jumped by a smaller DB for the INT. In fact, I actually thought Cooper made a weak effort to go get that ball or prevent the INT.

No defense for bad EJ in Buffalo, he just didn't get it done here, but his teammates let him down and lost that game for him Sunday. In fact, had Cook caught that TD its pretty likely the Raiders win that game on the comeback.

I cannot stand EJ as a player, and am so glad the Bills finally cut bait on him and his all too-frequent deer-in-the-headlights performances.

Having said that, I think this post is quite accurate.

And having said, I hate how EJ has the balls (or lack thereof) to float cute throws into tight windows, as catchable as they may be. It gets guys pulverized, which is why the Bills WRs basically revolted against him after he hung Goodwin out to dry vs Weddle & the Chargers here, and then Woods got demolished for a 1-yard gain in Houston shortly after Watt's ghastly pick-6.

Edited by HankBulloughMellencamp

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20887809/oakland-raiders-quarterback-derek-carr-leaves-game-lower-back-injury

Some comments he made really took me aback.

"I think he just got roughed up there," Del Rio said. "He got tackled, and something caused his back to spasm up. I didn't see much that would indicate that he would be injured, but his back spasmed up, so that's what it was."

Told that Del Rio said it was a spasm, Carr said, "I'm glad he knows. That's awesome."

"It won't be fun," Carr said of the flight back to Oakland. "But at the end of the day, no one really cares. I'll do my best to get comfortable, but as soon as I see my two baby boys, it will feel a little bit better."

I don't know boo about the guy, but he comes off as a dick, to me.

What he said at the time with a broken friggin back it's actually pretty humbling.