Week 5: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't underestimate Cincy. That's a good team with a lot of talent. I'm just scared they find their mojo against us just when we come in without our top tackler and wideout out.

Dalton is the most over rated QB in the NFL.

Bills (3-1) at Bengals (1-3)

Opening line: Bengals, -3.5 points

If you're wondering why the Bengals are favored in this game, just look at their defense. Through the first three weeks of the season the Bengals had one of the best units in the NFL, and that was when they didn't have Vontaze Burfict, who returned in Week 4. The Bengals are only surrendering 16.8 points per game, which ranks third in the NFL, and they'll be facing a Bills team that isn't scoring as many points as their 3-1 record might suggest (just 18.3 points per game). Also, Andy Dalton has been putting up MVP-like numbers under new offensive coordinator Bill Lazor (46-of-57 for 498 yards, six touchdowns, zero interceptions through two games), which means the Bills are going to be facing a rejuvenated Red Rifle. Although the Bengals have won three of the past four games in this series, betting against the Bills has been a horrible idea this year. At 4-0, the Bills are one of only two teams still unbeaten ATS this season (The Chiefs are the other).

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-week-5-early-odds-winless-browns-favored-bills-open-as-underdogs-to-bengals/

Would be great to get Lawson and Glenn back for this one to offset our newest losses from the Atlanta game.

I'm actually less optimistic about this game then I was the Atlanta game. Win or lose this is going to be an ugly game for both teams. My gut is leaning towards a loss but I'm also seeing 2-1 over the next three so in the long term we should be good.

The Bengals offense may still be searching for an identity, but their man-of-many-faces defense has it on pace for one of the best seasons in franchise history. And after dismantling yet another Browns rookie quarterback on Sunday with a revolving door of depth, defensive coordinator Paul Guenther has steered his group to the top five of the NFL’s 12 major defensive categories.

I'm ok with any and all perceived disrespect of the Buffalo Bills, as long as it stays on the outside of the locker room. One, it helps keep the mentality of "us vs. world" for Buffalo leading to better team cohesiveness, two, and this is the biggest: the Bills have yet to prove they can consistently beat the teams their "supposed" to beat and beat others, like they have the last two weeks. In other words, the lack of respect is deserved - to a point - and now, they have to show they can be consistent in winning. So, eh let the world think what they want, as long as the Bills keep playing the way they have on Defense and get better each week on Offense, there's a lot to be positive about.

Interesting take from Walter. But I don't think McD would ever let it get to their heads.

Yeah. I think this will really be a good test for McD's philosophy. I want to see how well the team responds. If you watched the conference after the game even McD was pumped from the win.

Oh no. now they're picking us? STOP THAT IDIOTS! GO BACK TO HATING US! WE LOVE IT!

@NFL345

Week 5 @NFL Preview: https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Week-5-NFL-Preview-------.aspx

​​NFL SEASON ENTERS SECOND QUARTER AFTER THRILLING WEEK

The NFL heads into the second quarter of the regular season after a thrilling Week 4 which saw nine games decided by seven points or fewer. Nine games were decided in the final two minutes or overtime, including seven in the final minute or OT. And four games featured the winning points scored on the final play of the game.

Along with close games, the standings are also tight. Entering Week 5, 24 of the league’s 32 teams (75 percent) have a .500 or better record.

The Kansas City Chiefs (4-0) are the league’s only remaining unbeaten team. Since 1990, when the current 12-team playoff format was adopted, 64 of the previous 79 teams (81 percent) to start 4-0 have made the playoffs. However, nothing is a given as the two teams to start 4-0 in 2016 – Denver and Minnesota – both missed the postseason.

All 32 teams know there’s room for improvement. And, while not every club has gotten off to a great start, there’s plenty of season left.

Since 1990, 121 teams (37.3 percent of the 324 playoff clubs) have advanced to the postseason after starting the season 2-2 or worse. There were four such teams – Detroit (1-3), Miami (1-3), Kansas City (2-2) and the New York Giants (2-2) – last season, including the Chiefs who won the AFC West.

As the NFL enters October, there are six teams with a winning record that did not make the postseason in 2016 – Buffalo (3-1), Carolina (3-1), Denver (3-1), the Los Angeles Rams (3-1), Philadelphia (3-1) and Tampa Bay (2-1). Since the 12-team playoff format began in 1990, at least four teams have qualified for the playoffs in every season that were not in the postseason the year before.

Cincy has played really well the last two weeks. Just cause they started rough doesnt mean they arent a good team. This will be as tough as this week since their defense is much better than Atlantas.

Our D will have to play lights out , and not alow more then 10 points

will also might have to kick 4 50+ yard field goals to have a shot in this one

Bills sign WR Brown, S Elston back to the roster; sign S Thomas

Buffalo added two players to the roster who had spent most of the offseason with the club Tuesday as well as a free agent safety.

To make room on the roster for Brown, Elston and Thomas, the Bills placed Anderson on injured reserve and released DE Eric Lee and S Robert Blanton.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

I'm laughing at the fans who somehow think we became a powerhouse.

The Cincinnati Bengals are no joke.

Their defense is playing just as good as ours, possibly better. Their offense struggled pretty bad to start the season, but is clearly back on track. They are also playing at home, giving us two straight road games. We barely scraped out a win against them last year.

They are favored Sunday, because they probably should be.