Week 5: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

I'm laughing at the fans who somehow think we became a powerhouse.

The Cincinnati Bengals are no joke.

Their defense is playing just as good as ours, possibly better. Their offense struggled pretty bad to start the season, but is clearly back on track. They are also playing at home, giving us two straight road games. We barely scraped out a win against them last year.

They are favored Sunday, because they probably should be.

Well said.

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Their defense is playing just as good as ours, possibly better. Their offense struggled pretty bad to start the season, but is clearly back on track. They are also playing at home, giving us two straight road games. We barely scraped out a win against them last year.

We beat Undefeated Denver and Atlanta on the road

Cincy only win against Cleveland at home ,

My roubles💰 are on Cleveland

No easy games. This would be a place for a let down game. Tough home and road wins and lose on the road before the bye would be a very Bills move. Pressure Dalton and he makes mistakes. Im worried about the run defense and offense passing attack.

No easy games. This would be a place for a let down game. Tough home and road wins and lose on the road before the bye would be a very Bills move. Pressure Dalton and he makes mistakes. Im worried about the run defense and offense passing attack.

I guess I wouldn't really call it a letdown game...I would call it just another tough opponent on the road. Have to get it done.

The record has nothing to do with how they set the spread. Cinci has been a much better team since changing OC's and the spread is a reflection of how Vegas feels about the current team.

The Bills had a few key injuries that certainly didn't help push the line in their favor.

Oh well, underdogs again! Go put up another W.

The Bills should be inside the top 10 in all those silly power rankings that come out today/tomorrow.

Thats right. After changing OCs theyre playing good. Kinda like us last year whwn Lynn started calling the plays

I'm ok with any and all perceived disrespect of the Buffalo Bills, as long as it stays on the outside of the locker room. One, it helps keep the mentality of "us vs. world" for Buffalo leading to better team cohesiveness, two, and this is the biggest: the Bills have yet to prove they can consistently beat the teams their "supposed" to beat and beat others, like they have the last two weeks. In other words, the lack of respect is deserved - to a point - and now, they have to show they can be consistent in winning. So, eh let the world think what they want, as long as the Bills keep playing the way they have on Defense and get better each week on Offense, there's a lot to be positive about.

This. Well said. Still very much in a "show me" phase, and winning when you should win has been totally absent for ages.

ESPN: Pretenders or contenders? Here are seven NFL teams to watch

With a quarter of the season in the books, our NFL Nation reporters examine whether these seven teams are legitimate playoff threats or not.

With a quarter of the season in the books, our NFL Nation reporters examine whether these seven teams are legitimate playoff threats.

Buffalo Bills

Last season: 7-9, third place, AFC East

This season: 3-1, including signature wins over Denver (26-16) and Atlanta (23-17).

Why they'll stay in contention: Their defense. The Bills lead the NFL in points allowed per game (13.5) and rank fifth in yards allowed per play (4.73), third in opponent red zone conversions (36.4 percent) and fourth in net yards per opponent pass attempt (5.56). Buffalo also has allowed only four touchdowns this season, the fewest in the league by two, including only one via the pass. The Bills rarely will blow teams out with their offense, so the strength of their defense allows them to play a more controlled style. They've turned the ball over only once compared with seven takeaways, a margin that is tied for second best in the NFL.

Why they could fade: Their roster is not built to withstand many injuries. Entering Week 4, the Bills had been one of the NFL's healthiest teams. They have only two players on injured reserve -- both were hurt in training camp and were not expected to make the team -- and had only three starters miss regular-season time. Their run of good health took a hit Sunday in Atlanta with wide receivers Jordan Matthews and Ramon Humber suffering thumb injuries that will require surgery. The Bills do not have experienced depth at receiver or linebacker -- or at most positions -- so the attrition of a 16-game schedule could wear them down faster than teams with more established depth. -- Mike Rodak

ESPN: Pretenders or contenders? Here are seven NFL teams to watch

With a quarter of the season in the books, our NFL Nation reporters examine whether these seven teams are legitimate playoff threats.

Buffalo Bills

Last season: 7-9, third place, AFC East

This season: 3-1, including signature wins over Denver (26-16) and Atlanta (23-17).

Why they'll stay in contention: Their defense. The Bills lead the NFL in points allowed per game (13.5) and rank fifth in yards allowed per play (4.73), third in opponent red zone conversions (36.4 percent) and fourth in net yards per opponent pass attempt (5.56). Buffalo also has allowed only four touchdowns this season, the fewest in the league by two, including only one via the pass. The Bills rarely will blow teams out with their offense, so the strength of their defense allows them to play a more controlled style. They've turned the ball over only once compared with seven takeaways, a margin that is tied for second best in the NFL.

Why they could fade: Their roster is not built to withstand many injuries. Entering Week 4, the Bills had been one of the NFL's healthiest teams. They have only two players on injured reserve -- both were hurt in training camp and were not expected to make the team -- and had only three starters miss regular-season time. Their run of good health took a hit Sunday in Atlanta with wide receivers Jordan Matthews and Ramon Humber suffering thumb injuries that will require surgery. The Bills do not have experienced depth at receiver or linebacker -- or at most positions -- so the attrition of a 16-game schedule could wear them down faster than teams with more established depth. -- Mike Rodak

Humber is a wide receiver? Who knew? Other than Rodak, of course?

Road Hacks don't proof read.

I guess I wouldn't really call it a letdown game...I would call it just another tough opponent on the road. Have to get it done.

DLP0rEtXcAAHrxx.jpg

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

he has a fair point though.

I have mentioned once or twice. due to injuries this will be a fine test for Coaching and play calling.

Wright and Johnson need to play a bit more solid.

But it is on the Coaches this game to manage Bills weaknesses moreso because of injuries.

I thought A Washington was injured , but appreciate being corrected. He was a Healthy scratch.

Humber and Matthews are major adjustments for this Team. imo.

Road Hacks don't proof read.

DLP0rEtXcAAHrxx.jpg

says it all. I like this guy

Pitching a nice fat zero would be great going into the bye. Bring that ppg stat down a little more.

I would too but trying to be realistic.

My greatest fear in this game is not the score...it is that Burfict will end the season of Shady, Tyrod, or Clay.

I am dead serious.

Don't want injuries but those could be overcome except shady. Peterman could do just as well but in his own way and there isn't another clay but spreading the ball around would make up for his loss.

Why do people assume a letdown? They start practicing tomorrow for the Bengals. Why would they not practice hard and play hard? Just more football cliches

They are addicted to the process.

Poor Cleveland.

Tank gone wrong.

I bet Bengals fans were walking around Cincinnati with their chests puffed with pride after the Green Bay game saying "we showed them how great we are!"

i'm seriously worried because for the first time since week 1 i'm expecting a win.

On the plus side i get the impression that if we won a superbowl with McDermott he would still be saying we need to do better.

His demeanour definitely reminds me of Bellichick when it comes to accountability.

Cinci D is legit -- this will be a close game. Comes down to discipline and turnovers as usual, and in both of those areas it does seem Buffalo has the advantage.

Particularly the middle of that defensive line again. Feels like we have played a succession of excellent interior defensive lines so far. Geno Atkins has been balling through 4 weeks. I do think there is a weakness in the Bengals secondary, particularly their corners, who have been beaten early and often. If the Bills can run it just enough to open up some play action passes down the field for the two Clays I feel like we have the opportunity to put up points.

I'd actually love the see us take a play action shot on our very first play from scrimmage.

Looks like another game Shady wont have anywhere to run.

The good news is after the bye we play Tampa (very good run D) but then the Raiders, Jets, Saints and Chargers who are ALL struggling in run D. So if the passing game and defense can get us through the next two the run game should have an opportunity to find its groove mid season.

Can you imagine how hard New Era would be rocking if we actually had a home playoff game?

:D

It is an unbelievably awesome experience - and one that every single Bills fan in WNY deserves to experience in his/her lifetime. It is half the reason I renew my season tickets year after year. It is hard to find hedonistic activities in life that are more fun than a home playoff game. It's more fun than seeing your favorite band in concert. (well at least it is to me) Let's go Buffalo!

It is an unbelievably awesome experience - and one that every single Bills fan in WNY deserves to experience in his/her lifetime. It is half the reason I renew my season tickets year after year. It is hard to find hedonistic activities in life that are more fun than a home playoff game. It's more fun than seeing your favorite band in concert. (well at least it is to me) Let's go Buffalo!

Dave I'd give my right arm (well not actually.... but figuratively) for any sort of playoff game.

It is definitely 1B on my bucket list (1A being Bora Bora which I marked off in 2015). Being born and raised in Vegas I've never been to Buffalo and I will do whatever it takes to ensure I experience a home playoff game if the Bills make it possible.

Just for arguing purposes, that GB team they almost beat was missing like 10 starters and have looked pretty bad this year, that is not as impressive as it seems on paper. I think Buf>GB by far right now , just watch a GB game, it's not pretty, they are wishing they had some guy named Micah Hyde still. Anyway, this is a test , but I think with Cincys terrible OL, by far worse one we faced, we shut down the run, make Dalton 1 dimensional and really get in his head and consistently off his spot.

Just for arguing purposes, that GB team they almost beat was missing like 10 starters and have looked pretty bad this year, that is not as impressive as it seems on paper. I think Buf>GB by far right now , just watch a GB game, it's not pretty, they are wishing they had some guy named Micah Hyde still. Anyway, this is a test , but I think with Cincys terrible OL, by far worse one we faced, we shut down the run, make Dalton 1 dimensional and really get in his head and consistently off his spot.

I don't think Buff>GB.... but I do think Green Bay don't match up as well to Cincy as we do. As you ay they don't have the D-Line to make the most out of Cincy's o-line weakness.

Edited by GunnerBill