Week 5: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bengals are cornered and offer a stingy run defense. After flubbing the Ravens game they just missed on Houston and Green Bay, before trouncing Cleveland.

I don't see them as a basement dweller team at all.

Meanwhile Humber and Mathews leave big shoes to fill

Hardly a stingy run defense. Pass defense, yes. I could see a big day for McCoy in this one. They are like 17th in run D.

This game is still worrying me. I like the match up on paper, specifically our defensive line vs their offensive line but sometimes Dalton has huge games. He's an inconsistent QB but when he's on, he looks MVP like. Hope it's not Sunday.

Not only that, they have a very good defense.

Dalton is going to get sacked like 6 times in this game. I don't see them scoring much against our D. The only thing worrying me is that D of thiers and injuries.

Hardly a stingy run defense. Pass defense, yes. I could see a big day for McCoy in this one. They are like 17th in run D.

Dalton is going to get sacked like 6 times in this game. I don't see them scoring much against our D. The only thing worrying me is that D of thiers and injuries.

you should worry.

It's good form. I am.

who are the Bills WR's again ?

This is a statement game to a degree. McDermott can show he has his teams attention and can get them focused with a good performance. This is the type of game every team can lose. Bills are coming off two big wins and playing an away game against a 1-3 opponent. Dalton and Greene can put up big numbers. I hope Gaines and Hyde are full go. I can see a 20-17 game.

OBJ is the textbook definition of a McDermott guy.

lol yeah I could imagine that pair getting along. Part of me thinks this locker room would have the type of strong leaders in it to stand up to obj and get him straightened out. But the other part of me think McDermott wouldnt even want to find out based on past history.

ESPN: If Bengals find production elsewhere, where does that leave Tyler Eifert?
With Tyler Eifert out with an injured back again, Tyler Kroft is filling the void for the Bengals. And he could be a long-term solution as well.

ESPN Nation: Trap game for the Bills?
Buffalo (3-1) and its top-10 defense go on the road to take on the Bengals (1-3) this Sunday. Both NFL Nation reporters believe Andy Dalton finally has the offense clicking, which should lead to a Cincinnati win.

lol yeah I could imagine that pair getting along. Part of me thinks this locker room would have the type of strong leaders in it to stand up to obj and get him straightened out. But the other part of me think McDermott wouldnt even want to find out based on past history.

Might as well just bring back Da'Rick Rogers.

Concerned about the injuries. Some may believe it's a letdown but i won't be stunned at all if the Bengals beat the tar out of the Bills.

There's no way they should "beat the tar out of the Bills." That would be a HUGE letdown.

They could win a close one for sure. That's definitely a possibility. If the Bengals beat the Bills handily, then that's a big disappointment.

This is actually a good matchup, since the Bengals suck at running the ball. The Bills defense should make them one-dimensional and then play solid pass defense, as they've been doing so far.

On the other side, the Bengals D is good in pass defense, but not great in run defense. That plays to our strengths in the run and play action.

It may be close, but I like this matchup.

Concerned about the injuries. Some may believe it's a letdown but i won't be stunned at all if the Bengals beat the tar out of the Bills.

Again, I'm not a prediction guy this year, but I can't understand the rationale behind a statement like this based upon the four games played by both teams to date.

Watch: Bills-Bengals Preview (3:10)

Bills' HC Sean McDermott, QB Tyrod Taylor, DE Jerry Hughes and more talk about the week 5 matchup with the Bengals in Cincinnati.

Top 10 reasons to be excited for Buffalo's Week 5 matchup

top-10-week-5.jpg

As the Bills get set for their second straight road game, here's the top 10 reasons you should be excited for the matchup.

Trade Glenn and the 2nd we got from LA for OBJ

Somehow I don't think OBJ could be had for a mid to late round second. Even with the injured Glenn. I don't think the G men would want to take on a contract. If OBJ is moved it will be for a 1st

Edited by Boatdrinks

Bills at Bengals Game Notes

The Bills at Bengals game kicks off on Sunday at 1 p.m. on CBS.

Dominant Defense through Wk 4 (1:26)

See where the Bengals rank on defense going into week 5.

Media Roundtable: Bengals, Bills put defense on display

reg-week-5-matchup-article.jpg

The last time the Bengals went into October without a touchdown at Paul Brown Stadium, A.J. Green and Andy Dalton responded with a win over first-place Buffalo that ignited one of the most successful seasons by a rookie receiver-quarterback tandem in history.

They need to do it again and the Bengals.com Media Roundtable says they will Sunday (1 p.m.-Cincinnati’s Channel 12) when the 1-3 Bengals try to cool off the 3-1 Bills before heading into next week’s bye. Only a dozen players are left from that day six years ago, but the scenario and date (Oct. 2, 2011) are eerily similar. Their only win is on the road against Cleveland and they need to make a stand at home against an AFC team emerging in the post-season hunt.

Let’s go around The Table:

If you are a closet Bengals fan and Bills hater. 13 posts

Actually, The only AFC teams I would be " stunned" to see end up on the wrong end of a blowout would be the Chiefs and the Pats. Not predicting the Bills get blown out, but it's the NFL and wouldn't exactly be stunning.

Mike RodakVerified account @mikerodak 18m18 minutes ago

More

With Jordan Matthews out and Philly Brown gone, Bills will have 4 healthy receivers: Zay Jones, Andre Holmes, Kaelin Clay, Brandon Tate.

Oy

Jones better start catching the damn ball.

I wonder if Logan Thomas is going to see the field a lot more Sunday.

How to Watch Bills vs. Bengals

Matchup_info_10-8.jpg

Bills fans, whether you’re in Western New York or elsewhere, you’ll be able to follow the Bills as they take on the Bengals on the road.

Game Date/Time:

Sunday, Oct. 8 at 1:00 p.m. E.T.

Broadcast Information:

Television:

CBS

Play-by-Play: Tom McCarthy

Color Analyst: Steve Beuerlein with Steve Tasker

Bills Radio Network:

FLAGSHIP: Buffalo- WGR550 (550AM)

Toronto: Fan 590

Rochester: WCMF (96.5) and WROC (950AM)

Syracuse: WTKW (99.5/WTKV 105.5)