Week 5: Bengals' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

Yeah, those stupid fans thinking the Bills are a powerhouse, or just maybe better then a 1-3 Bengals team. The bills have had an easy schedule having to play against bottom feeder teams like Carolina Denver and Atlanta. Imagine if they had to face a juggernaut like Cleveland!

We haven't seen what this team can do against a good defence or offence. Obviously we just have to look back to last season to figure out how this game will go, since they are pretty much returning with the same coaching staff and players as last season....

I'm not positive...but I think I may detect a hint of sarcasm here. ;)

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we can bring back our run schemes from the last couple years, I will be so happy.

One 3rd and short conversion they definitely pulled Richie and ran behind him. I think it might have come back for a hold in the end but it was a Greg Roman play that we used a lot in 3rd and short with Mike G last year.

Cinci D is legit -- this will be a close game. Comes down to discipline and turnovers as usual, and in both of those areas it does seem Buffalo has the advantage.

Seriously. Are we even going to face a weak Defense this year. Aside from maybe Atlanta, every team we faced has a pretty stout D.

One 3rd and short conversion they definitely pulled Richie and ran behind him. I think it might have come back for a hold in the end but it was a Greg Roman play that we used a lot in 3rd and short with Mike G last year.

Yeah, I definitely noticed that as well. I don't know anything about anything, but it really seems we move the ball better when we move our guards like that.

Seriously. Are we even going to face a weak Defense this year. Aside from maybe Atlanta, every team we faced has a pretty stout D.

The one break we got was Jets. That's it. We knew coming into this season, with the 5th toughest schedule that's what we were facing. Next year we get a break from schedule.

It does get easier.

Tampa, whilst stout up front, have the 31st ranked passing defense in the league so far;

Oakland can't stop the run and are a liability in the secondary;

The Saints whilst improving and trending the right way are no better than average;

We play New England twice who suck on defense at the moment;

We also play Miami twice.... who not unlike Tampa have been okay in run D but have sucked in pass D.

It does get easier.

Tampa, whilst stout up front, have the 31st ranked passing defense in the league so far;

The Saints whilst improving and trending the right way are no better than average;

We also play Miami twice.... who not unlike Tampa have been okay in run D but have sucked in pass D.

Other than that they are awesome! :nana:

3 point dogs after whooping up on Denver and Atlanta? I kind of like being the underdog!

I LOVE being the underdog - gives this team a reason to show up which, as we all know, is our Achilles heel: consistency. I remember the year we fleeced the Chiefs in the opener back with Gailey and Fitz, started out strong and all the experts were picking the opponents for the first few games. Once we started winning and media hype began to come around, we just tanked.

I ALWAYS want the media to pick the other team, call me superstitious but I think it matters to us imho.

Edited by ctk232

I LOVE being the underdog - gives this team a reason to show up which, as we all know, is our Achilles heel: consistency. I remember the year we fleeced the Chiefs in the opener back with Gailey and Fitz, started out strong and all the experts were picking the opponents for the first few games. Once we started winning and media hype began to come around, we just tanked.

I ALWAYS want the media to pick the other team, call me superstitious but I think it matters to us imho.

+1

@BradleyGelber

Guess ESPN learned their lesson after picking against the #Bills repeatedly...

DLY7qGyWkAEZVSI.jpg

Dang it.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said DE Shaq Lawson looked good in practice today. Sounds potentially promising for Sunday.

538.com ELO Ratings for Week 5 has the Bills with a 51% chance for a win: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/games/

@JoeBuscaglia

I honestly think Milano has chance to grab hold of this WLB job & not look back this year. Wrote more about it here: http://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-5-buffalo-bills-practice-notes-10_4_17-

Man, whats with all the love for the Dolphins. Also, the "experts" are so afraid to pick against the Pats* it is ridiculous. On paper, tonight's game looks like a lock for Tampa to me. (of course they don't play the game on paper)

Matt Cassel may start for Tennessee

Man, whats with all the love for the Dolphins. Also, the "experts" are so afraid to pick against the Pats* it is ridiculous. On paper, tonight's game looks like a lock for Tampa to me. (of course they don't play the game on paper)

Titans are probably starting Matt Cassel w/ backup Brandon Weeden

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

My brain wants me to watch the Sabres tonight but my heart wants me to watch the Pats game and that's probably what I'll end up doing.

My brain wants me to watch the Sabres tonight but my heart wants me to watch the Pats game and that's probably what I'll end up doing.

We have TNF (NE vs. TB), the Sabres' season opener vs. MTL, and the ALDS (NYY vs. CLE) all on at the same time. I'll have all three on.

DLZfo92VoAA7urg.jpg

Bengals RT Fisher added to injury report

The Bengals are already expected to be without TE Tyler Eifert and rookie WR John Ross for Sunday’s game against the Bills. On Thursday their starting right tackle was added to the injury report.

Jake Fisher was added to the team’s report as a limited participant due to a back injury. His status on Friday will bear watching. Veteran Andre Smith is Cincinnati’s swing tackle.

The Bengals starting corners moved from limited to full practice participation on Thursday, so it appears that Adam Jones and Dre’ Kirkpatrick will be good for Sunday’s game as well as TE Tyler Kroft, who has been filling in for Eifert.

It does get easier.

And whilst I was reading this, I thought, "Who's the English fop logging in here"? Good Lord! Gunner Bill? Whilst reading your posts all this time, I had no idea. Well, it's tea time.

Other than that they are awesome! :nana:

They are one of the "pet" teams of NFLN and ESPN.

That's why God invented DVR's.

And good sports bars.

I don't think Buff>GB.... but I do think Green Bay don't match up as well to Cincy as we do. As you ay they don't have the D-Line to make the most out of Cincy's o-line weakness.

On that night I disagree, I remember watching and was shocked at GB injury report, it was 10 ,11 deep
Shaq is back? Awesome, our DL is deep and will have a huge impact on this game