Poyer - making me eat crow

MAJBobby

Ok so its been two weeks and i have to say he is the most I am surprised at (in a good way) from the Bills team.

I think we all knew what we had in Hyde, but I actually was critical of the Poyer signing. I thought he was a Special Teams player and backup safety at best.

He didnt play much with Browns because he got hurt. We were also his third team but damn he has impressed me.

He is all over the field blitzing, solid coverage, strong tackler, comes down in Run Support fast. His signing has turned what has been AVG at best safety play (putrid with Aaron Williams out) into a strength of this defense.

Turning my head to finally think i dont have to worry about those TE matchups going forward. Keep impressing Jordan.

Edited by MAJBobby

Refreshing for someone to fess up rather than deny a prior opinion. (I admit I didn't know enough about him to have an opinion.) I also love a look at one of the positive things that we are seeing. It's not ALL gloom and doom. That shot on Benjamin to save a TD was fierce!

Refreshing for someone to fess up rather than deny a prior opinion. (I admit I didn't know enough about him to have an opinion.) I also love a look at one of the positive things that we are seeing. It's not ALL gloom and doom. That shot on Benjamin to save a TD was fierce!

Players play will always get me to come back and admit if i was wrong on the player. And so far Jordan is proving what i thought we had as a huge miss.

He is like a Troy Polomalu (not comparing him to Troy's impact yet) but that talent that you can line up anywhere on the field

Edited by MAJBobby

He has been amazing. It's crazy to think we changed the entire secondary from last year and the results show so far.

The rookie Tre White has also made some nice plays in coverage.

I work with a huge LSU fan. When he was drafted he said you are going to love Tre White. He plays much bigger than his size as well

Ok so its been two weeks and i have to say he is the most I am surprised at (in a good way) from the Bills team.

I think we all knew what we had in Hyde, but I actually was critical of the Poyer signing. I thought he was a Special Teams player and backup safety at best.

He didnt play much with Browns because he got hurt. We were also his third team but damn he has impressed me.

He is all over the field blitzing, solid coverage, strong tackler, comes down in Run Support fast. His signing has turned what has been AVG at best safety play (putrid with Aaron Williams out) into a strength of this defense.

Turning my head to finally think i dont have to worry about those TE matchups going forward. Keep impressing Jordan.

I was giving the GM and coaches the benefit of the doubt but wanted at least some Safety depth brought in. It's only 2 games but a pleasant surprise to say the least👍

I agree. Poyer has been a monster out there and I never expected our safety positions to improve so much. It has been a weak area since Byrd walked and Williams got hurt. Now if we could get even just one linebacker to play like he does...

Edited by Scott7975

I agree. Poyer has been a monster out there and I never expected our safety positions to improve so much. It has been a weak area since Byrd walked and Williams got hurt. Now if we could get even just one linebacker to play like he does...

I still think a big focus next draft is going to be finding a MLB field general like the Panthers had in Keuchly. Micah Kiser from Virginia would be awesome.

The additions defensively have all been phenomenal. Gaines, White, Poyer and Hyde have been so much better than our secondary last year, and when you consider the price tag it would have taken to retain Gilmore it's not even close. The soft zone coverage hurt us a bit against Cam and will continue to do so when we face elite qb's, but at least we'll see a lot less YAC and high priced db's getting burned badly by 3rd string recievers. Humber has been a gen as well.

Byrd did not walk - he limped and his doctor recommended he be in wheel chair - but otherwise I agree. And he has not yet had an Aaron Williams hulk anger attack.

I was impressed with Humber and Brown this game. They were around the ball, constantly.

Well written. A very nice surprise. I'm loving our safeties this season

Having a legit NFL Scheme never hurt either.

Man I can't wait till we are winning Super Bowls (after we got our QB of course)

Relevance??

(Also screw lebron)

The whole secondary as a whole is really playing wel

Tre White....making the trade down for next year's first making Beane looking really smart....the kid flat out balls

Gaines.....always liked him

Hyde.....the glue in the middle of the secondary

Poyer.....controlled intensity and agression

And a assortment of veteran players behind them

The additions defensively have all been phenomenal. Gaines, White, Poyer and Hyde have been so much better than our secondary last year, and when you consider the price tag it would have taken to retain Gilmore it's not even close. The soft zone coverage hurt us a bit against Cam and will continue to do so when we face elite qb's, but at least we'll see a lot less YAC and high priced db's getting burned badly by 3rd string recievers. Humber has been a gen as well.

McD has been secretly consulting me on how to tank properly. I told him to tear down the offense, build up the defense, get franchise QB and reload offense in the draft. Things are working perfectly; Trust The Process ;)

hey, lets just change this to an eat your crow thread

i'm ready to eat some crow on preston brown. he doesn't look terrible. doesn't look amazing, but i thought he'd be worse.

and i don't know if it would be eating crow but at the opener i watched humbar a bit and he looked terrible for like 6 plays early.

The whole secondary as a whole is really playing wel

Tre White....making the trade down for next year's first making Beane looking really smart....the kid flat out balls

Gaines.....always liked him

Hyde.....the glue in the middle of the secondary

Poyer.....controlled intensity and agression

And a assortment of veteran players behind them

Well Beane wasn't here for the draft, but I get what you're saying. Edited by Buffalo Barbarian