I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

i thought tt was the only choice for us this offseason...but i am so done with him now....but the thing that sucks is the change won't be made until it's impossible to have a winning season...in typical bills style.

i think peterman is a prefect fit for this offense and we should make the switch now. it's obvious with tt and this schedule we don't have a snowball's chance so screw it, i say roll the dice now.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chiefs were in the playoffs last year and still managed to draft the QB they wanted high in round 1 this year.

So......

10th overall. So lets see at 10th overall you want the 4th best QB in the class?

And I see you didn't answer my question of what does trotting TT out every week do for the Future? Or help the future?

Edited by MAJBobby

Thank you.

Overreacting is what everyone does Sunday. I used to stay away from the boards on game day. Circumstances lately have been bringing me here.

I do agree with this actually. Look I am long since done with the idea we are going anywhere with this Quarterback. But he is still the best chance we have to win games this year and until we can't have a successful season this year then I prefer to keep him in.

However this is a two way street. For as much as this thread is an overreaction from the anti-Tyrod crowd last week JerseyBill's thread claiming a big progression was an overreaction from the pro-Tyrod crowd. What we should all do is accept:

A) he is our best QB now

B) they are going to draft one in the first next year

C) until the season is dead Peterman won't get a shot.

You see me!

If a person argues both sides of a topic is he a hipocrite?

Hypocrite because you tell me constantly not to keep or get dumb arguments going with certain posters and should instead just ignore them like you ignore Jm. Yet you're constantly poking and prodding Jm in the same confrontational manner you criticize so much.

Clearly hypocritical :flirt:

You don't know who is 4th best. Funny. :lol::lol:

True, and in the 1983 QB draft the best QB/thrower was the last taken.

I didn't see much of the game except the last few minutes. TT scrambling on the last drive, getting 3 yards or whatever and then the clock runs............. unacceptable. THROW it

Edited by MarkyMannn

I have long defended him, especially back on the BBMB but i am signing off. He is done, play him all year let's get a top 3 pick and get us a QB to compete with Peterman next camp.

I was watching Wentz on the Eagles yesterday (fantasy considerations) and he is the antithesis to Tyrod. He hangs in the pocket to the very last moment. Constantly looking downfield for a receiver. If nothing then he runs. I like him

Apparently less than 50 yards in the first half gives you starting rights the following game. If I was a coach I'd be making a statement and sitting his ***. The Bills have no balls, they lack that hard skinned leader. Need a coach like Mad dog who won't tolerate failure.

Would you sit McCoy for not gaining yards on the ground, too?

So you are considered a hater if you don't like where the passing offense stands! Dolt!

How about if Denver wins you go away for ever?

Does your life really suck this much?

You're becoming a nasty and hateful poster.

Maybe you're the one who needs to step away for awhile.

I already set the parameters for the bet. You in?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

And you need to be too.

Our defense played their butts off. Absolutely horrible QB play. He missed receivers all day long and never keeps his eyes downfield.

The guy makes me sick.

Such a shame we are a average QB away.

Question for you - why does it matter exactly if you or I or any other fan is done with Tyrod? Do we choose the starter?

If McDermott and the Bills are not done with him (and guess what, they're not, McDermott said Tyrod is his starter week 3) then what does it matter?

I will continue to support whoever the starting QB is for the Bills.

But I agree, he struggled yesterday. Pretty much the entire offense did. Even play calling was suspect at times.

I believe I read that in yesterday's game Tyrod was under the most pressure he has faced in his 2+ years here. The O line struggled with pass protection and run blocking. They simply weren't winning their matchups. Shady had a rough game too. The execution by the entire offense just wasn't up to par. They all need to do better.

Edited by BillsFan4

Only Pro Football Focus would give Taylor a higher grade for yesterday than when Aaron Rodgers had a 5 TD 0 INT performance a few years ago.

They graded out Rodgers negatively.

It'll go nicely with him outscoring Newton on QBR.

PFF went from something I thought was pretty bad to a complete joke.

WTF

Okay smart ass, if you rest yours on a Panthers road loss then you are the same.

I wasn't trying to be a smart ass. I'm just saying the Jets are not good enough to start using the Bills running stats against them to prognosticate a pound the rock offense with inept QBing and this defense leading the team to the playoffs. Especially after witnessing the Panthers completely shutting the rush down.

Only Pro Football Focus would give Taylor a higher grade for yesterday than when Aaron Rodgers had a 5 TD 0 INT performance a few years ago.

They graded out Rodgers negatively.

PFF went from something I thought was pretty bad to a complete joke.

WTF

Translation: if they dont support my hatred of Tyrod, they suck

No, a lot of there content is absolutely garbage.

There QB grading is a joke.

They literally don't know the play call, the line call, TTs hot read... They are completely using there own metrics which clearly aren't correct because TT IS NOT a top 10 QB like they have had him the past 2 years

How can you grade a play if you don't know who they drew the play up for? They have no idea what TTs progressions are or what keys he is looking at the defense for . It's opinion based grading looking at a play after it occurred

After yesterday, I'm convinced Tyrod Taylor is on borrowed time with this coaching staff. It's over.

It's clear Taylor doesn't fit the pocket-passer/quick release mold in this offense. It's been clear since training camp and the preseason, with the only exception being a half-decent performance against probably the worst team in the NFL. Taylor was already a fringe starter in this league, with below-average field vision and limited passing skills. Now he's in a system that doesn't fit his strengths.

This coaching staff is not going to adjust for Taylor. They know what worked last year with him, and they still aren't budging. This is the system they want to run. This is the system they are going to build talent around. Taylor has been granted the chance to make it work, mostly because there weren't any other (decent) options available on the QB market. Dennison has handed him the playbook, and basically said "Sink or Swim."

With that said, don't expect an immediate change at quarterback. Nathan Peterman was a 5th Round Pick from Pitt. He's not ready.

The Bills are still trying to win in 2017, even if (realistically) they realize this season doesn't have much hope. They aren't purposely tanking for a top pick. And if Sean McDermott benches Taylor after Week 2, forcing an unprepared rookie into the lineup, he's going to upset A LOT of veterans. Not a smart move by a rookie coach.

McDermott is going to let the season play out. He's going to let Taylor and the offense crash and burn on their own.

That way, there won't be a question when he's out in the offseason.

They literally don't know the play call, the line call, TTs hot read... They are completely using there own metrics which clearly aren't correct because TT IS NOT a top 10 QB like they have had him the past 2 years

How can you grade a play if you don't know who they drew the play up for? They have no idea what TTs progressions are or what keys he is looking at the defense for . It's opinion based grading looking at a play after it occurred

But you know the play call, the line call, TT's hot read?

Edited by bobobonators

After yesterday, I'm convinced Tyrod Taylor is on borrowed time with this coaching staff. It's over.

It's clear Taylor doesn't fit the pocket-passer/quick release mold in this offense. It's been clear since training camp and the preseason, with the only exception being a half-decent performance against probably the worst team in the NFL. Taylor was already a fringe starter in this league, with below-average field vision and limited passing skills. Now he's in a system that doesn't fit his strengths.

This coaching staff is not going to adjust for Taylor. They know what worked last year with him, and they still aren't budging. This is the system they want to run. This is the system they are going to build talent around. Taylor has been granted the chance to make it work, mostly because there weren't any other (decent) options available on the QB market. Dennison has handed him the playbook, and basically said "Sink or Swim."

With that said, don't expect an immediate change at quarterback. Nathan Peterman was a 5th Round Pick from Pitt. He's not ready.

The Bills are still trying to win in 2017, even if (realistically) they realize this season doesn't have much hope. They aren't purposely tanking for a top pick. And if Sean McDermott benches Taylor after Week 2, forcing an unprepared rookie into the lineup, he's going to upset A LOT of veterans. Not a smart move by a rookie coach.

McDermott is going to let the season play out. He's going to let Taylor and the offense crash and burn on their own.

That way, there won't be a question when he's out in the offseason.

It was well before yesterday.

I end up going to the college football forum to see significant discussion of the Bills' qb future. I am thinking the third best rated college qb is what is reasonably going to be available. The Jets are going to get Darnold and someone equally terrible will get Rosen. The only wildcard is if Chicago ends up with a top two pick. We have the ammo to deal with them, but if qb needy teams are 1-2, they aren't trading out. So I am watching a lot of Oklahoma State at the moment.

Just like everyone around here does

i thought tt was the only choice for us this offseason...but i am so done with him now....but the thing that sucks is the change won't be made until it's impossible to have a winning season...in typical bills style.

i think peterman is a prefect fit for this offense and we should make the switch now. it's obvious with tt and this schedule we don't have a snowball's chance so screw it, i say roll the dice now.

I agree Redneck 1. The offense was dreadful yesterday. Tyrod can not read defenses, is scared to let it rip, and has poor accuracy. He can scramble, but does not combine that with being able to read defenses and see the entire field. The reason he has so few turnovers is because he is afraid to throw the football unless a receiver is less then 10 yards away, or wide open down the field. Unfortunately, in the NFL receivers are not usually wide open. He hesitates on almost every dropback which allows the pressure to close in, even when the protection is decent. He is not an NFL starting QB. We all know that. McDermott should know that by now.

Our upcoming schedule is Denver, at Atlanta, at Cinci, bye, home against Oakland and Tampa. Good god, maybe a win against Cinci. But we very well can be staring at a 2-5 start. Even with as good a defense as we have shown, we will not keep all 5 of those teams in check. Not going to happen. We need to get the offense going quickly. I would go w Peterman this week also. Hard to justify to the rest of the team sticking w Tyrod when he has won nothing in Buffalo since he has been here. Shouldn't starting be performance based?

But you know the play call, the line call, TT's hot read?

I'm not creating a football grading algorithm...

Even if I knew who his hot read is it's impossible to know the line call unless you were in the huddle. Same with the actual play call. I could guess based on formation and and personnel and may even be right sometimes but it's not an exact science unless you're in the huddle

If you're around the game for 30 years you pick up subtleties that can help you decipher a offense. But you will never know what the actual call was unless you designed the play or were in the huddle

I'm not creating a football grading algorithm...

Even if I knew who his hot read is it's impossible to know the line call unless you were in the huddle. Same with the actual play call. I could guess based on formation and and personnel and may even be right sometimes but it's not an exact science unless you're in the huddle

If you're around the game for 30 years you pick up subtleties that can help you decipher a offense. But you will never know what the actual call was unless you designed the play or were in the huddle

27 Teams in the NFL are clients of Pro Football Focus.

We can say PFF is "garbage" in this thread and in these forums, but many people in the industry would disagree.

LOL.

PFF says Taylor's game yesterday was better than this Rodgers performance.

Rodgers completed 24-of-35 passes for 333 yards and five touchdown passes against zero interceptions, good for a 138.5 passer rating. But PFF, which grades every player’s performance on every play according to its more nuanced model, saw it differently. Take a look at how Rodgers, who graded a negative 0.8 for the game....

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/pff-aaron-rodgers-negative-grade-packers-chiefs-mnf-092915

Do you know how PFF grades performances? These guys watch the game on NFL Rewind and with broadcast view. Not film, broadcast view like you and I watch it from TV.

27 Teams in the NFL are clients of Pro Football Focus.

We can say PFF is "garbage" in this thread and in these forums, but many people in the industry would disagree.

Sure. I read it sometimes too. It's football talk

I'd like to see proof that 27 teams are clients of PFF...

What does that even mean? Some guy in the pro personnel department reads PFF?

They obviously know football to a certain degree. But the ranking system is flawed was my point

LOL.

PFF says Taylor's game yesterday was better than this Rodgers performance.

http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/pff-aaron-rodgers-negative-grade-packers-chiefs-mnf-092915

Do you know how PFF grades performances? These guys watch the game on NFL Rewind and with broadcast view. Not film, broadcast view like you and I watch it from TV.

And yet, 27 NFL teams pay PFF for their broadcast view information.

Does anyone pay you for your NFL insight?

I'll tell you another thing that is pissing me off about Tyrod... Quit saying "we will learn from this" and "we will keep working to get better" in every press conference. You ain't a coach brah and no one gives a **** about your work ethic at this point. Stop sucking every other game you play. Stop placing blame on the entire offense and take the blame yourself. You are the quarterback of a team that scored 3 points in a professional football game.

Sure. I read it sometimes too. It's football talk

I'd like to see proof that 27 teams are clients of PFF...

What does that even mean? Some guy in the pro personnel department reads PFF?

They obviously know football to a certain degree. But the ranking system is flawed was my point

lol. Proof? What kind of proof. Sorry can't help you there.

100% of ranking systems are flawed. Fact.