I'm done with Tyrod Taylor

McBean

I knew 2 yrs ago Tyrod wasn't a leader. He'd always sit quietly by himself on the bench. I've never once seen him try to fire up his teammates regardless if they're winning or losing. He's still making the exact same mistakes. He'll never be a good pocket QB. It's a shame because of the defense we have. Time to move on, play Peterman and draft a 1st round qb.

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is that silly?

You made the statement as a fact.

I've never seen or heard that before. 27 teams is specific.

You said it as a fact, show me the proof

How is that silly?

You made the statement as a fact.

I've never seen or heard that before. 27 teams is specific.

You said it as a fact, show me the proof

Geeze dude, READ THE ARTICLE.

If you still want proof of NFL teams' subscriptions to PFF beyond that, I'd suggest you write a letter to the NFL.

And yet, 27 NFL teams pay PFF for their broadcast view information.

Does anyone pay you for your NFL insight?

You don't know who is using these subscriptions and it's only $26.99. For all you know, it could be the teams media department using this.

Please let me know if these 27 coaches are openly praising this website.

I don't need to be paid to say Taylor's performance yesterday was bad. Or even worse, better than Aaron Rodgers 5 TD performance.

Call me crazy but I think Rodgers had a better game.

TJ Lang isn't the only one who openly criticized this website.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/09/14/detroit-lions-tj-lang-pro-football-focus/666136001/

“I think it’s absolute garbage and I think most players do," Lang said.

Pro Football Focus is a football analysis website that focuses on advanced analytics (think along the lines of MLB's sabermetrics) to grade players and teams based on their performances each week, snap by snap.

While it's a helpful tool for football experts - and even some NFL front offices that buy its proprietary data from PFF - Lang believes it doesn't take everything about a given play into full context.

“My opinion is there’s no way you can possibly accurately grade offensive linemen if you haven’t done that job before in your life. A lot of these guys, they’re not qualified to be grading NFL players,” Lang told Valenti, as transcribed by CBS Detroit. “A lot of the stuff I realize is pretty basic, obvious information. If I clearly just get whooped and let up a sack, you can say, ‘Yeah, that guy let up a sack.'

“But they don’t know anything about identification, what offensive linemen are supposed to do. They think if a guy blitzes off the edge, that’s automatically the tackle’s block, but a lot of times that’s not the case. They’ve always graded me well, which I don’t mind, but I still don’t respect it."

I don't know, and you don't know. All I said is that 27 teams are clients of PFF. If you need me to show you more than that, I'm sorry. Maybe the janitor is subscribing? Would that make you happy?

You guys are utterly ridiculous with your agendas. I say 27 teams subscribe to PFF and you want me to tell you who shot JFK.

You don't know who is using these subscriptions and it's only $26.99. For all you know, it could be the teams media department using this.

Please let me know if these 27 coaches are openly praising this website.

I don't need to be paid to say Taylor's performance yesterday was bad. Or even worse, better than Aaron Rodgers 5 TD performance.

Call me crazy but I think Rodgers had a better game.

TJ Lang isn't the only one who openly criticized this website.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/nfl/lions/2017/09/14/detroit-lions-tj-lang-pro-football-focus/666136001/

“I think it’s absolute garbage and I think most players do," Lang said.

Pro Football Focus is a football analysis website that focuses on advanced analytics (think along the lines of MLB's sabermetrics) to grade players and teams based on their performances each week, snap by snap.

While it's a helpful tool for football experts - and even some NFL front offices that buy its proprietary data from PFF - Lang believes it doesn't take everything about a given play into full context.

“My opinion is there’s no way you can possibly accurately grade offensive linemen if you haven’t done that job before in your life. A lot of these guys, they’re not qualified to be grading NFL players,” Lang told Valenti, as transcribed by CBS Detroit. “A lot of the stuff I realize is pretty basic, obvious information. If I clearly just get whooped and let up a sack, you can say, ‘Yeah, that guy let up a sack.'

“But they don’t know anything about identification, what offensive linemen are supposed to do. They think if a guy blitzes off the edge, that’s automatically the tackle’s block, but a lot of times that’s not the case. They’ve always graded me well, which I don’t mind, but I still don’t respect it."

The bloke who runs PFF is British. Never played a down of football. Geordie, Bears fan. I have met him. Really nice guy and no doubt he knows the game but their rankings should always be taken with a pinch of salt. Useful tool, not definitive judgment.

100% of rankings are at least 1% subjective.

I don't know, and you don't know. All I said is that 27 teams are clients of PFF. If you need me to show you more than that, I'm sorry. Maybe the janitor is subscribing? Would that make you happy?

You guys are utterly ridiculous with your agendas. I say 27 teams subscribe to PFF and you want me to tell you who shot JFK.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are letting me know that 27 teams us PFF because you wanted to show that my opinion on this site could be inaccurate?

And you're right...we both don't know who is using it which I said in the previous post.

I'm just countering your response. What's wrong with that?

I've been openly critical about this site since they graded Demetress Bell as one of the best LT's in football back in like 2009. It wasn't on here so you don't know.

My agenda is against the site overall, not about how they specifically grade Bills players.

Happy?

Geeze dude, READ THE ARTICLE.

If you still want proof of NFL teams' subscriptions to PFF beyond that, I'd suggest you write a letter to the NFL.

Well calm down dude I definitely didn't see the article you posted.

Good for them. All it basically says is that those 27 teams WANT TO BE SURE they aren't missing anything. Which is what PFF IS GOOD FOR. And it's probably cheap

Thanks for the article

Correct me if I'm wrong but you are letting me know that 27 teams us PFF because you wanted to show that my opinion on this site could be inaccurate?

And you're right...we both don't know who is using it which I said in the previous post.

I'm just countering your response. What's wrong with that?

I've been openly critical about this site since they graded Demetress Bell as one of the best LT's in football back in like 2009. It wasn't on here so you don't know.

My agenda is against the site overall, not about how they specifically grade Bills players.

Happy?

lol. I don't care what you may think of the site on a personal level. Ranking players that play on a team sport, by its very nature, is subjective. Any site, any ranking system, no matter how good it is, is going to be flawed. All I said was that teams are actually paying for this information, so for people to say it's "garbage" is ridiculous. I'll leave it at that.

Well calm down dude I definitely didn't see the article you posted.

Good for them. All it basically says is that those 27 teams WANT TO BE SURE they aren't missing anything. Which is what PFF IS GOOD FOR. And it's probably cheap

Thanks for the article

lol. sorry man. :(

lol. I don't care what you may think of the site on a personal level. Ranking players that play on a team sport, by its very nature, is subjective. Any site, any ranking system, no matter how good it is, is going to be flawed. All I said was that teams are actually paying for this information, so for people to say it's "garbage" is ridiculous. I'll leave it at that.

lol. sorry man. :(

It's not just me who is calling it garbage...

I'll leave it at that.

It'll go nicely with him outscoring Newton on QBR.

I'm guessing this is sarcasm, but Newton was pretty awful yesterday, so it shouldn't be all that shocking that Taylor got higher grades than Newton.

The Bills just weren't throwing the football much especially in the first half. And when those pass plays were called, you could see that they were designed short passes. Like what the hell was that short out route to the sideline to Clay that gained like 2 yards?! Clay was clearly the first read. I don't know if in film study Dennison just decided not to attack the middle of the field from the beginning because of Kuechly and Davis, but that's how it looked. And the results were ridiculously short passes to the sidelines not designed for any YAC to start the game. When the 2nd half began, you could see there was some adjustment as the Bills finally started attacking other areas of the field, and the passing game progressed.

By contrast, Newton had a number of big passing plays and pretty much EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM was to a WIDE OPEN WR. I mean, is that even a question? Sure, there was a pass or two he put in a tight window. Otherwise EVERY SINGLE BIG PASSING PLAY was to a wide open guy. It's great that he completed those passes if you're a Panthers fan, but notching those as spectacular or great passes by Newton is ridiculous. And then, to top it off, he just blatantly missed a whole bunch of WRs, including a pass that had to be one of the easier NFL throws you can make to a(nother) WIDE OPEN Christian McCaffery on the last drive inside the 10 that would have iced the game for the Panthers.

Taylor wasn't good yesterday, but neither was Newton. And saying Newton was worse than Taylor is certainly reasonable.

Not hard to figure out TT caused himself being limited to 7 attempts. Maybe if he could extent his own drives he would be able to pass more. Ever think of that?

No i never thought of that. Ever.

He needs to do a better job of running routes, pass blocking, catching balls, and running for positive gains.

@MatthewFairburn

Rick Dennison said his confidence level in Tyrod Taylor is high: "He did some good things. Kept us in the game."

Sadly we will have to watch a few more games of the stink before he goes national with his negative opinion of this starter.

Tyrod should get benched, fans have had enough, start Peterman.

I agree that Cam was awful too. It was a demonstration of good defense and bad Quarterbacking.

Cam is recovering from a surgery so his lack luster play was expected, sadly it was still better then a healthy Tyrods. Edited by xRUSHx

I have been a big fan of Tyrod for a long time, but I think you need to have at least one of these two things to be a successful NFL quarterback (among other things): Elite Accuracy or Elite football IQ. Tyrod has neither of these and I do not see him developing in either area.

Just listening to Romo commentate - the ways he sees the game and anticipates plays, you can see how he could know where to go with the football. I do not believe Tyrod has that. He just seems to scan the field and throw to a guy who is already open, check it down or run.

I am sad to say I am on the bandwagon that I would like to see if we have something in Peterman, and if not be focused on drafting a QB next year. Unfortunately, I think this team will ride Tyrod to about a 4-8 record before switching to Nate, leaving us out of the playoffs, but without a top 5 pick.

Edited by nbbillsfan

@MatthewFairburn

Rick Dennison said his confidence level in Tyrod Taylor is high: "He did some good things. Kept us in the game."

The more Rico opens his mouth the more he sounds like an idiot! "Kept us in the game" pfft what a moron!

No i never thought of that. Ever.

He needs to do a better job of running routes, pass blocking, catching balls, and running for positive gains.

Once he becomes competent at playing QB then he can work these other aspects.

Not hard to figure out TT caused himself being limited to 7 attempts. Maybe if he could extent his own drives he would be able to pass more. Ever think of that?

Your logic-less logic reminds me of someone.

Your relentless posting against TT reminds me of someone.

Your relentless posting since starting your account on 9/12 reminds me of someone who got banned at the Sabres board around the same time.

Tell me how do you feel about Mahomes?

Wait for the all 22 however, in this offence you need to throw them open read, anticipate and let it go. This is the worst offence for TT, round peg square hole. TT is to blame but since they (the coaches) decided to keep him they should have had an offence in place for him. Deep drops allowing him to see over the line, temping the rush to lose contain and allowing him to take off and use his legs.

Hypocrite because you tell me constantly not to keep or get dumb arguments going with certain posters and should instead just ignore them like you ignore Jm. Yet you're constantly poking and prodding Jm in the same confrontational manner you criticize so much.

Clearly hypocritical :flirt:

I do it once or twice a week.

I don't troll people daily like he does.

Just remember

QB Rating and QBR are dependent more on the passes you make over the ones you dont.

So a Conservative QB is always going to have better ratings than others. For QB Rating

QBR puts way to much plus on Running QBs. Their ground yards help them more than their passing yards.

Tyrod Taylor has hacked the rating systems

Sadly we will have to watch a few more games of the stink before he goes national with his negative opinion of this starter.

Tyrod should get benched, fans have had enough, start Peterman.

Cam is recovering from a surgery so his lack luster play was expected, sadly it was still better then a healthy Tyrods.

Vote in the poll on TSW and apply for a job as a consultant of OBD where I know they'll value your highly coveted advice.