Bills "can't wait to unleash Tyrod Taylor"

HappyDays

I was pleased with what I saw from Tyrod.

I don't think he played any better than the past two seasons. I think he played a little smarter (slides and getting out of bounds). But, of course, those slides and getting out of bounds were primarily due to his own indecisiveness - which has always been one of my biggest knocks on him.

He certainly wasn't "unleashed," but he did make a couple nice throws.

It was nice to get a win.

The next three weeks are my final litmus test - and I won't base anything on wins/losses.

As much as I'd like to say I'm confident in him, I simply cannot.

But I am still VERY optimistic about the future of this team.

Go Bills.

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game

If I'm the North Pole of the Taylor supporters and I said he wasn't amazing, just good or really good, then I think that just increases the veracity of what I said before regarding Extreme vs Middle even more 0:)

Its not everyone...transplant is the north pole of Tyrod supporters. He simply tries to back it up with things not written by him for support of his theories.

I was pleasantly suprised that Tyrod worked the middle of the field today and made more plays from the pocket.

He had a solid day. I am waiting to see if he can do this consistantly.

Lets keep in mind that the jets have a pretty good D.....its their O that is in shambles

Onto the next game

Solid day. That is the best way I have seen his game today put to words.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-game-recaps-for-all-the-week-1-matchups

I know folks are gonna love this so this will be entertaining, but according to PFF, since Thursday among the 24 teams and 12 games, Taylor's "refocused: game recap" grade was the 3rd highest, behind only Alex Smith and Matthew Stafford.

Look TT did very good today

It was one game. Like McDermott said

To paraphrase

don't get cocky

I will wait and let you rewatch it. The throw was late and behind.

Clay could of done more, but TT needs to throw the ball at the end of his drop.

The Int is as much on TT as on clay.

Man, not every throw is 100 percent perfect. That throw was absoeffinglutely good enough and should have been caught by a $6 million per year TE. Edited by dave mcbride

If I'm the North Pole of the Taylor supporters and I said he wasn't amazing, just good or really good, then I think that just increases the veracity of what I said before regarding Extreme vs Middle even more 0:)

I don't know what you're still getting so worked up over. Surely you know by now that nothing you say is going to change people's opinions of Tyrod. Much like what they say won't change your opinion of him.

A summary of fan reactions on Taylor that I've seen today:

1) He was great. If not for his inept teammates, especially Clay, the Bills would have had 40 points. He is totally underrated.

2) He sucked. If not for the great play of his teammates the Bills would have lost. This team is all Shady and the defense.

3) He was average, which is a huge relief after a terrible preseason.

4) He was average, which is huge let down after all the talk of unleashing a new, modern offense.

Edited by vincec

A summary of fan reactions on Taylor that I've seen today:

1) He was great. If not for his inept teammates, especially Clay, the Bills would have had 40 points. He is totally underrated.

2) He sucked. If not for the great play of his teammates the Bills would have lost. This team is all Shady and the defense.

3) He was average, which is a huge relief after a terrible preseason.

4) He was average, which is huge let down after all the talk of unleashing a new, modern offense.

I'm around #3. He was good, not great. I think somewhat improved in terms of seeing the whole field and throwing with anticipation--which was nice since his WR's are new.

Tyrod was unleashed alright 16/28 224 2TD 1 int. kind of like what he usually does. Nothing spectacular, he was ok today and average at best against a god awful team. Better test next week.

Agree those are his normal game stats, however he only attempted 3 passes in the entire 4th quarter, and only 2 after the TD that gave us a 9 point lead. He was on a good pace until we started killing clock to seal the win.

Also, crazy how 1 play can change stats so much, but if that INT was caught as an 8 yard TD his passer rating today would've been 122.9 instead of 92.0 :lol:

Edited by BuffaloHokie13

Today's game was almost as boring as the 6-3,Cleveland game a few years back. Tyrod showed that he still sucks. Still nice to see the only win of the year on such a beautiful day.

Its lovely to see JM and transplant still holding onto to their Tyrod dreams just like on the bbmb. Keep the faith fellas. He blows.

Tyrod played a nice game. If you take back the drop in the end zone it was really good. I always judge a QB on a few things (because it's all that matters): TD to turnover, 3rd down and RZ efficiency. He played well in all of those areas. It wasn't perfect but it was a good and effective game. That was a solid "B" from me.

Tyrod played a nice game. If you take back the drop in the end zone it was really good. I always judge a QB on a few things (because it's all that matters): TD to turnover, 3rd down and RZ efficiency. He played well in all of those areas. It wasn't perfect but it was a good and effective game. That was a solid "B" from me.

Agreed.

Today's game was almost as boring as the 6-3,Cleveland game a few years back. Tyrod showed that he still sucks. Still nice to see the only win of the year on such a beautiful day.

Its lovely to see JM and transplant still holding onto to their Tyrod dreams just like on the bbmb. Keep the faith fellas. He blows.

This kind of post just kills me. I have no problem with posters who think that Tyrod has hit his ceiling and think it isn't good enough; that he won't improve the areas of his game where he is weak. Especially when they point out specifics about his game they have a problem with. I'm personally taking a wait and see approach for this year, yet I do think the team can win with Tyrod. But to just say he sucks and blows is not only pointless, it is wrong.

First of all, no one in the league sucks. The worst guy on the worst team is a phenomenal athlete. Secondly, the team won today and Tyrod played well. 222 yds passing, 43 yds. rushing, and 2 TDs is at least adequate, not sucking.

If you're actually going to root against the QB of the team that you follow, you can at least discuss what specifically he did in today's game that bothered you. Ya know, actually add to the discussion of football.

TT played decent game.. Hopefully he builds off of it.

Transplant.....no sense in escalating your blood pressure over someone who won't give TT credit you feel he deserves. You might say that you're not getting worked up but replying to every single response that isn't favoring Taylor this game is showing frustration.

TT played decent game.. Hopefully he builds off of it.

Transplant.....no sense in escalating your blood pressure over someone who won't give TT credit you feel he deserves. You might say that you're not getting worked up but replying to every single response that isn't favoring Taylor this game is showing frustration.

He takes his crusade very personally...as if his entire existance is linked to Taylor becoming the guy he so dearly believes he can become.

I just had to chuckle when I saw the over the top responses to what he did yesterday. The best part was many that were steadfast about TT not having issues throwing over the middle or making reads proclaiming he has now shown us he can do it now...based off that game and those throws.

Kudos to TT for a solid performance. Going beyond that at this point is exaggeration, delusion, or wishful thinking.

This kind of post just kills me. I have no problem with posters who think that Tyrod has hit his ceiling and think it isn't good enough; that he won't improve the areas of his game where he is weak. Especially when they point out specifics about his game they have a problem with. I'm personally taking a wait and see approach for this year, yet I do think the team can win with Tyrod. But to just say he sucks and blows is not only pointless, it is wrong.

First of all, no one in the league sucks. The worst guy on the worst team is a phenomenal athlete. Secondly, the team won today and Tyrod played well. 222 yds passing, 43 yds. rushing, and 2 TDs is at least adequate, not sucking.

If you're actually going to root against the QB of the team that you follow, you can at least discuss what specifically he did in today's game that bothered you. Ya know, actually add to the discussion of football.

Did you watch Colts, Texans , and 49ers QBs play?

Agreed - I think after they review the game hopefully they will find some areas of improvement and they will adjust.

I think this game was exactly what we have been seeing from him for 2 years. Some positives and some negatives.

He takes his crusade very personally...

just as you take yours personally, so it goes both ways really.

you have been on your anti taylor crusade while calling those like trans CoT.

while he has been on his pro taylor crusade.

in short, your comment is nothing more than calling the kettle black.

just as you take yours personally, so it goes both ways really.

you have been on your anti taylor crusade while calling those like trans CoT.

while he has been on his pro taylor crusade.

in short, your comment is nothing more than calling the kettle black.

It's never been easy telling fellow Bills fans that their QB isn't the guy. Being brutally honest can be met with all sorts of reaction...many not very nice, and very emotional.

Don't confuse my honesty as anything else.

It's never been easy telling fellow Bills fans that their QB isn't the guy. Being brutally honest can be met with all sorts of reaction...many not very nice, and very emotional.

two sides to the coin. like I said, both have been on a major crusade through the off season that has/is carrying over in to the season.

right wrong or otherwise, a crusade is just that, a crusade.

@PFF

Taking into consideration drops and other things outwith a QBs control, these guys would have had the highest completion % this week

DJcUSg-XoAAgSvA.jpg

not real impressive company with McCown there.

two sides to the coin. like I said, both have been on a major crusade through the off season that has/is carrying over in to the season.

right wrong or otherwise, a crusade is just that, a crusade.

not real impressive company with McCown there.

McCown was doing his best job of impersonating Trent Edwards. How do you complete 26 passes and have 187 yards?

"It's never been easy ...."

Please. Many of the posters on this board have been here 15 plus years, and we have all bitched about terrible qb play. Taylor is not elite. No one here thinks he is, and suggesting otherwise is a straw-man argument. But he is the best qb they've had since Flutie. He's a legit NFL starter who had a good game yesterday against a team with a strong front 7 and one elite-looking safety (Adams). Let's see how he does next week against a better team on the road, but raining on the parade after an objectively good performance is foolish.

Edited by dave mcbride

"It's never been easy ...."

Please. Many of the posters on this board have been here 15 plus years, and we have all bitched about terrible qb play. Taylor is not elite. No one here thinks he is, and suggesting otherwise is a straw-man argument. But he is the best qb they've had since Flutie. He's a legit NFL starter who had a good game yesterday against a team with a strong front 7 and one elite-looking safety (Adams). Let's see how he does next week against a better team on the road, but raining on the parade after an objectively good performance is foolish.

Thus the name Crusher?

Is "adjusted completion percentage" anything like "winning the offseason"?

As in, who comes up with this cabbage?

And I have to agree with previous posters, it was a beautiful day with fam and friends, but the game itself was really kinda boring and sluggish. No pace, felt like a classic 'who wants it less'.

A real stat based on things that should have happened but didn't? Sure sure.

Huh? Please explain your logic. It makes no sense to me. It seems pretty obvious that one could adjust the completion percentage by including passes dropped that should have been caught. It is actually factored into the newer total qbr rating, the ooint being to provide a more accurate and true measure of the qb's performance. All the qb can do is deliver the ball; if a good throw is dropped, he shouldn't be assigned blame for it.

Edited by dave mcbride

From a BNBlitz article: http://buffalonews.com/2017/09/11/generous-cbs-harlan-off-game/

More Tyrod Love: Taylor also received a lot of love on the CBS post-game show, with Bill Cowher his biggest fan: "I love Tyrod Taylor," said Cowher, praising his decision-making and ability to extend plays. Phil Simms, bumped off the No. 1 announce team, added "I never understand why he doesn't get the credit he deserves."