NYJ Trade Richardson to SEA for Kearse & 2nd Rnd Pick

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We got a top five second round pick. That's way more value than a bottom 2nd. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rams are not picking in the top 5. Not with Wade running that defense. And with the playmakers on that offense, they will score, even if Goff doesn't do much.

Richardson is an idiot but watch how he becomes more focused and a monster playing for Seattle. Same thing would happen with Dareus.

You build culture by winning.

Seattle has star players that take the game and being a professional very seriously, especially on defense. Chancellor, Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, and Bennett are the reason that Seattle has a "winning culture."

The problem isn't that Dareus is unfocused and the Bills don't have a winning culture. The problem is that Dareus is supposed to be a part of that leadership group here based on his talent level and contract.

So in that sense, yes - Dareus isn't at fault. He is what he is. It's the fault of the management team that made him one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. But when he signed that contract, the expectation level went up and he has failed miserably.

This is a Beane type deal. I bet Kearse has great character.

Gotta love teams that get top 5 talents at their positions for guys they were going to cut. The rest of the NFL seems like a farm system for Seattle and NE.

You sound like you'd be fun at a party, what are you doing later?

I feel like Richardson has no interest in being with the Jets long term, the Jets also have Leonard Williams who will be requiring a big contract in a season or two and Mo Wilkerson who is a year into a big contract extension. So they can still have a good D-line without him and they get rid of a player who simply doesn't want to be there.

Of course it is a down grade in talent but they helped their desperate WR core with Kearse and they got a pretty good pick to help facilitate a rebuilding process. I also like this trade for Seattle as they desperately needed a little help on defense if they wanted to be an elite unit and Richardson is certainly a good player (Although a bit overrated in my opinion.) Seattle gives up a pick but for a team in win now mode that pick is of less consequence and Kearse isn't much of a loss as he was never lighting it up with Seattle.

I'm actually going to a fantasy football draft party and then out to some bars after. Then going away with my girlfriend for the weekend. Nice little Labor Day weekend. I'm a ton of fun.

And it's hilarious how everything is in black and white. I used to get called a homer here. Now because I think trading a 24 year old player who has top 5 potential for a JAG and a 2nd rounder is a bad move, I'm a miserable mofo.

Honesty sucks sometimes huh?

So you still think we picked offensive coaches who can't coach tyrod and will get fired at the end of the year because the offense is so bad? Because if we are that bad no way tpegs trusts them with th shiny new rookie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you still think we picked offensive coaches who can't coach tyrod and will get fired at the end of the year because the offense is so bad? Because if we are that bad no way tpegs trusts them with th shiny new rookie Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. I think the offense will suck and Tyrod will take the majority of the heat for it.

Ok so the pegs are going to wonder why they've paid a guy 15 mil to suck? They fired Rex cause the defense sucked. They fired roman as well. They're not messing around anymore and if you think the convo won't end with dennison fired you're dreaming. They will ask why Lynn and roman could get more out of tyrod and will fire him and he will not get another job as oc. They may even fire mcd.

The Jets still have a very good front with Wilkerson, McClendon, and Williams.

for sure. Best part of their game I might suggest

Ok so the pegs are going to wonder why they've paid a guy 15 mil to suck? They fired Rex cause the defense sucked. They fired roman as well. They're not messing around anymore and if you think the convo won't end with dennison fired you're dreaming. They will ask why Lynn and roman could get more out of tyrod and will fire him and he will not get another job as oc. They may even fire mcd. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will let the New Regime roll for awhile. Maybe TT is not in the future state plans. Unless he turns his game around?

That is my reasoning for gaining so well on next years draft.

methinks El Pegul is going to let it ride for 3 years plus. No matter what.

and i also feel, that he will see progress. Whether it comes via Taylor or Peterman remains to be uncovered. But I am going to trust in them

as long as they dump Ducasse. all bets off otherwise

The Bills are absolutely trying to suck

They really aren't. They still have the likely best running game in the league by a wide margin. The D-line could be dominant and the secondary has actually been looking good against the first teams. I'm in NYC, trust me, the Jets are terrible. The Bills could still go either way, no matter what you think.

Or 3rd, that haven't said yet.

Still think it's a steal for Seattle. Michael Bennett and Sheldon Richardson inside, yikes.

No kidding...Wilson already still has the best arsenal of receiving weapons now in his career there, and that DL is going to be devastating. I had already thought Sea vs NE was gonna be the SB this year, and this definitely only furthers that belief.

Be interesting to see if Sea starts slow or not...they seem to typically start the season slow and start peaking near playoff time and become very hard out in the playoffs.

It might happen.

A choice of Cleveland, NYJ, or Buffalo as the top pick might have a few of the great college QBs and potential number one picks cringing.

Highly doubt an unproven player from college who hasn't took a snap in the NFL would care about taking a year off from the draft because of the teams that will be picking top 5.

Not saying it can't happen. Just highly unlikely that a kid who has been training and playing for the day to make it in the NFL would have the mindset of let's say, an elite NFL player who hits the market in free agency.

Good analogy.

Difference being the Jets are trying to suck and will suck this year. The Bills aren't trying to suck and will suck.

I think both are trying to suck this year Jests are just being honest about it

I don't see how the Bills are a mess.

Yes they got rid of Sammy and Darby but they got something for Ragland who would have been cut.

What did the Bills do with those players?

Give them time and everyone will see they are building something special

The Jets still have a very good front with Wilkerson, McClendon, and Williams.

for sure. Best part of their game I might suggest

Ok so the pegs are going to wonder why they've paid a guy 15 mil to suck? They fired Rex cause the defense sucked. They fired roman as well. They're not messing around anymore and if you think the convo won't end with dennison fired you're dreaming. They will ask why Lynn and roman could get more out of tyrod and will fire him and he will not get another job as oc. They may even fire mcd. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think they will let the New Regime roll for awhile. Maybe TT is not in the future state plans. Unless he turns his game around?

That is my reasoning for gaining so well on next years draft.

methinks El Pegul is going to let it ride for 3 years plus. No matter what.

and i also feel, that he will see progress. Whether it comes via Taylor or Peterman remains to be uncovered. But I am going to trust in them

as long as they dump Ducasse. all bets off otherwise

I'm not saying the offense can't take a step back but if it's incompetence as some say I don't see how the coaches survive.

Yes they got rid of Sammy and Darby but they got something for Ragland who would have been cut.

I'm still sticking to my guns that we see something this year. I expect very strong D and our elite run game to carry us. Anticipating we get Shady and Clay more involved in the pass game .

I'm not saying the offense can't take a step back but if it's incompetence as some say I don't see how the coaches survive. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My concern throughout preseason was indeed incompetence.

till last night.

Jets will be my first real appraisal. I have to expect a reasonable game from the O play calling and execution. Slow start sure. But nothing like what the Ravens game looked like please

You sneaky bastard Russ.

Did my post make too much sense ?