National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

Edited by bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not me.

Universal Standing for the aanthem never started in the NFL until 2009.

So did you still support the 90s teams when they did other things instead if standing

Really? I never noticed. It wasn't an issue back then. If someone was doing something else I don't think it was protesting. I will always stand for it.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

He's standing.

Really? I never noticed. It wasn't an issue back then. If someone was doing something else I don't think it was protesting. I will always stand for it.

Ahhh so the reality is then you have an issue with their protest.

Yep and also not covered relentlessly by Media Types weird huh?

Edited by MAJBobby

At least twice, a fan behind Jefferson screamed "We're gonna cut you, 60!" as Williamsville East senior Olivia Notaro sang in front of the color guard from JROTC Leadership Academy for Young Men.

The scene was captured by Thad Brown, sports director of Rochester's WROC-TV, on the Bills' sideline.

Jefferson heard the ridicule. He did not reply.

He kept his black-and-white gloved fist aloft.

I don't see why people care...some are kneeling, some are raising their arms....it's not like they're turning their back to the flag or giving the finger....what about fans in the stands, drinking, talking and shouting during the anthem?

I'm with Nucci.

As long as they are not doing anything disrespectful who cares.

The media covering (and us discussing it) seems like a waste of time over a non story.

And to Nuccis point: out of the 65,000 fans in RWS on any Sunday I would say about 12,500 are either talking, wearing a hat, or sitting. Should we start berating them?

At least twice, a fan behind Jefferson screamed "We're gonna cut you, 60!" as Williamsville East senior Olivia Notaro sang in front of the color guard from JROTC Leadership Academy for Young Men.

The scene was captured by Thad Brown, sports director of Rochester's WROC-TV, on the Bills' sideline.

Jefferson heard the ridicule. He did not reply.

He kept his black-and-white gloved fist aloft.

this passes for news? a fan behind a guy yelled he was gonna get cut from the team football team?

is it newsworthy because the yeller was disrespectful to the yellee during the anthem?

why not just write this, and publish it after every game:

Somebody was an a%%hole to someone else on Sunday. In related news, lots of people were not.

There is nothing more American than having the ability to stand up for what you believe in.

They have the right to express themselves however they want.

However I'm always a little confused at these type of things as if all across the nation white people are suddenly running around killing black people.

Latest statistics show 83% of White Homicides are Whites killed by other Whites while 89% of Black homicides are Blacks killed by other Blacks. In the inner cities the Blacks killed by other Blacks number jumps to mid 90s%...where is the outrage about this?

Maybe everyone should be focusing on he real problem, not the one the media tries to force feed and in some ways create by their biased coverage or lack there of depending on how they want to spin things?

Edited by matter2003

Who is with me?

Im definitely not with you.

Meh. The last thing a team needs is to be an !@#$ to some guy who does something like this. As long as the NFL allows it he can do it. He isn't exactly the first one to do it.

salute.jpg.size.custom.crop.863x650.jpg

Sure that really is the last thing the NFL needs. Ha ha ha

I don't understand why they even play the national anthem before sporting events. What's the logic behind it?

The Olympics-- yes, I can see it. An NFL game-- huh?

Even more perplexing is God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. A. It's not the national anthem and B. Steinbrenner only started doing it to drag out the middle of the inning and ice the opposing pitcher. Patriotism was a convenient excuse.

Constitutional Right vs Someone elses Views

Hmmm hard decision nah not really side with the Constitution every time.

Even more perplexing is God Bless America during the 7th inning stretch. A. It's not the national anthem and B. Steinbrenner only started doing it to drag out the middle of the inning and ice the opposing pitcher. Patriotism was a convenient excuse.

Well way in the early days the Anthem was played during the 7th inning stretch actually

Who is with me?

I didn't realize how conservative Buffalo was until I got out. From the outside looking in, the place is just filled with old, antiquated people and ideas.

Owners have a right to stand up for what they believe in too. Cut his ass.

Time for you to move to another country.

Yes we know the NFL is filled with ultra conservative owners.

At the end he likely will be cut. But not because of his protest but he just isnt that good of an OT

Sure that really is the last thing the NFL needs. Ha ha ha

What, you want a BLM protest outside the stadium next Sunday? I'm not saying they should or shouldn't cut him or whatever, but imagine the press if the Bills said "hey, as your employer we're saying you can't do that on the clock anymore." That may be well within their rights, but that doesn't mean they should do it.

This is America, not North Korea. You can do whatever you want during our anthem. He isn't making a scene just standing and putting his fist in the air. Who really cares. Everyone's offended by everything these days.

Edited by HappyDays

What, you want a BLM protest outside the stadium next Sunday? I'm not saying they should or shouldn't cut him or whatever, but imagine the press if the Bills said "hey, as your employer we're saying you can't do that on the clock anymore." That may be well within their rights, but that doesn't mean they should do it.

Yeah because this directly leads to a BLM protest outside the stadium doesnt it. Ooo even if it does guess what they have a right to that protest.

Just like the wannabe diabetes brigades due protecting the White Supremacist groups

Yeah because this directly leads to a BLM protest outside the stadium doesnt it. Ooo even if it does guess what they have a right to that protest.

Just like the wannabe diabetes brigades due protecting the White Supremacist groups

Do you get paid for missing the point or is it more of a hobby?

Yes we know the NFL is filled with ultra conservative owners.

At the end he likely will be cut. But not because of his protest but he just isnt that good of an OT

It's not about "conservative", it is about patriotism, love of the country and respect. These players little stunts do nothing for their cause. Their is a time and place for discussion of ideas. The National Anthem is about honoring our Country and remembering the cost of their freedom to act stupid. Peoples lives.