National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

It's not about "conservative", it is about patriotism, love of the country and respect. These players little stunts do nothing for their cause. Their is a time and place for discussion of ideas. The National Anthem is about honoring our Country and remembering the cost of their freedom to act stupid. Peoples lives.

These players have the right to be disrespectful to the flag, unpatriotic and express ignorant opinions.

That's what freedom is about.

Just like owners have the freedom and right to cut or refuse to sign them.

People are wasting too much time and energy worried about guys like Colin Kaepernick and Cameron Jefferson.

They don't represent a large portion of the population, and most people disagree with their methods. And they are destroying their careers by these public displays.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can yell and scream during a moment of silence too, but no one does it out of respect for the deceased. I think of the anthem as the same type of tribute those who fought. The deceased didn't make the policies.

The flag is a tribute. Not the Anthem

I respect the OP's right to express his opinion and take a stand in this thread against another human's right to express their opinion and take a stand even though some in here have a different opinion regarding standing as a way to express their opinion.

Just my opinion re. the right to express opinions.

YES. Not "force" but to do the same thing in unison, United. Do players where all different kinds of uniforms on the field or do the Bills all match? You do not win anyone over to your thinking by pissing on the flag. These players might have a valid point, but this does not help. Why don't they donate their paychecks to help the people they care about???????

Wait he pissed on the flag. Now that is different. Please show me that picture and i will get my pitchfork

Yeah i do have an ax to grinf to all the people that want to frag a guy doing a right that i have sworn to protect under the "falsehood" it is disrespectful to the same people that protect his right to do it.

Fair enough man. I'm a hardcore 1st, 2nd, 4th...heck all the amendments guy (except for the 18th amendment...!@#$ that one).

YES. Not "force" but to do the same thing in unison, United. Do players where different clothes on the field? You do not win anyone over to your thinking by pissing on the flag. These players might have a valid point, but this does not help. Why don't they donate their paychecks to help the people they care about???????

This is where your perspective is wrong. I would say that they are honoring the flag by exercising their freedom.

These players have the right to be disrespectful to the flag, unpatriotic and express ignorant opinions.

That's what freedom is about.

Just like owners have the freedom and right to cut or refuse to sign them.

People are wasting too much time and energy worried about guys like Colin Kaepernick and Cameron Jefferson.

They don't represent a large portion of the population, and most people disagree with their methods. And they are destroying their careers by these public displays.

And yet Colin Kaepernick has done more for the people than any single person on this thread. Hmmm interesting how that is

What a non story. I served and continue to serve, in no way am I slighted if a guy kneels, drinks, keeps his hat on, etc. The media pushes it because it's a story, lazy journalism if you ask me.

And blind allegiance to a country shouldn't be forced. You don't force people to put their hands over their hearts or remove their hats. That's not a democracy. Start yelling and shouting, then we have a problem but other than that leave people be.

This is where your perspective is wrong. I would say that they are honoring the flag by exercising their freedom.

Sorry, I do not see it that way. They are just attention seekers, nothing more. How many African Americans died on the field of battle so they can act like a little child and dishonor their sacrifice.

After Cam gets cut maybe he will get a job as a police officer. Let's see how he responds when his life is on the line and he has less than a second to react. Hopefully he does he right thing but maybe one time out of 1000 he doesn't. I'm not even sure what people are protesting at this point. Did he say why he is raisng his fist?

it's their intent. The guy eating nachos is just eating nachos he isn't intentionally pissing on the national anthem in America. Jim Brown one of the greatest activists out there that was a great athlete has summed it up best go read his thoughts on this

Their intent? You mean to bring awareness to a problem in this country?

Jim Brown is lucky no one Hannibal Burress'd his ass! Look up Jim Brown's lengthy history of domestic abuse. He is nobody to be on this false moral high ground.

Sorry, I do not see it that way. They are just attention seekers, nothing more. How many African Americans died on the field of battle so they can act like a little child and dishonor their sacrifice.

That is strictly your opinion based on the meaning you ascribe to the National Anthem.

Dishonor their sacrifice by exercising the rights said black soldiers fought and died for?

Whut?

What a non story. I served and continue to serve, in no way am I slighted if a guy kneels, drinks, keeps his hat on, etc. The media pushes it because it's a story, lazy journalism if you ask me.

And blind allegiance to a country shouldn't be forced. You don't force people to put their hands over their hearts or remove their hats. That's not a democracy. Start yelling and shouting, then we have a problem but other than that leave people be.

Nailed it.

I will absolutely never get your obsession with standing for the national anthem, here in the UK we only know a few of the words and rarely ever actually sing it.

It's an honor/respect thing taught to Americans since they were little kids. It is one tiny ritual that helps bind countrymen and remind them that they are countrymen. Just a symbol of respect, honor and remembrance.

Yep l am with you. And there are many more things going on in this Nation that i as a Soldier feel disrespected and disgusted with. And believe me using your Constitutional Right is no where near that list