National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

I revere and fly the flag 365 days per year and I always stand for the National Anthem with my hand tightly over my heart.

I also spent 20 years in uniform defending others' rights to do otherwise. We can't pick and choose which parts of the Constitution we approve of and which ones we don't. Some people do not and never will understand that truth.

Please note that my blood boils at disrespect for the flag as much as anyone.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is an odd thing to want

Because it is easy to throw insults at players that are long shots to make this team.

I revere and fly the flag 365 days per year and I always stand for the National Anthem with my hand tightly over my heart.

I also spent 20 years in uniform defending others' rights to do otherwise. We can't pick and choose which parts of the Constitution we approve of and which ones we don't. Some people do not and never will understand that truth.

My Blood Boils with the flag as well. The Anthem well not so much

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

I honestly don't care. Sit, stand, do cart wheels, yell at people during the singing. All I care about is the police being held accountable for their actions.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

It doesn't bother me at all, sit or kneel if it makes you feel patriotic, I prefer standing but it's their right, nobody will be punished for it, we fought for that right.

Because it is easy to throw insults at players that are long shots to make this team.

My Blood Boils with the flag as well. The Anthem well not so much

While true, I still think there are people that would be upset regardless (I think you know that too) and to LOVE to see that just seems messed up.

And being a proponent of individual rights, I have no problem with what they are doing and glad they are exercising said rights, even if I disagree with them. People getting upset just brings more attention to the thing they want to stop, and just seems counter productive imo

Who is with me?

Not me. And I would bet dollars to donuts (mmmmmm, donuts) that you won't stop supporting this team. If you do quit the Bills over this, don't expect a seat on the bandwagon when you inevitably come back. Super Bowl bound 2019!!!

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that by exercising your rights you should be protected from criticism?

I you feel that white people are superior, and want to go march around Charlottesville yapping about it, knock yourself out. You have that right, just as others will have the freedom to exercise their rights in disagreeing with that stance.

wow. I'd hate to see how you respond to a banana peel

You love slavery, treason, traitors, and losers I guess. :)

I'm trying so hard to make a Bills joke here. :(

While true, I still think there are people that would be upset regardless (I think you know that too) and to LOVE to see that just seems messed up.

And being a proponent of individual rights, I have no problem with what they are doing and glad they are exercising said rights, even if I disagree with them. People getting upset just brings more attention to the thing they want to stop, and just seems counter productive imo

You are absolutely right. And the amigdala is more powerful than the neocortex. Which is why players choose to do their protests during the anthem. It is an effective and manipulative move done intentionally because they know nobody would notice if they did it some other time - like the end of the game perhaps.

Edited by PolishDave

I Dont care either way.

I used to think the anthem meant something, like making sure everyone removed their hats, stood, hand over heart, etc.

Not interested in what others do now but I still do it the way I was taught.

Edited by r00tabaga

This is an excellent post and thank you for your service. I get why people get upset.

I also get why people protest too. This country is not equal for everyone. And because we care so much about sports, someone like Kaepernick gets a ton of attention than an activist. He is a flawed message but he risked millions of dollars to put a message out there.

Well said brother. I spent 23 years in the Army as well and I respect the players right to express themselves. The flip side however is that other people have the absolute right not to like it and not to like the players who do it. Just as the players have rights, so do the fans have a right not to like what they are doing.

This is an excellent post and thank you for your service. I get why people get upset.

I also get why people protest too. This country is not equal for everyone. And because we care so much about sports, someone like Kaepernick gets a ton of attention than an activist. He is a flawed message but he risked millions of dollars to put a message out there.

He risked millions of dollars by going vegan and losing the muscle mass that made him a legitimate threat as a QB. If he was good he would still be making millions. #eatbeef

Do you play and stand for the National Anthem before you go off to work every morning? If not maybe you should leave the country as well.

I'm fine with leaving the National Anthem as is for sporting events but I got to admit that it doesn't really make sense why we have it for every sporting event.

We have it for sporting events to show that it is our country and that we honor those that died to give grown men the right to play a children's game and get millions for it.

He risked millions of dollars by going vegan and losing the muscle mass that made him a legitimate threat as a QB. If he was good he would still be making millions. #eatbeef

16 td to 4 int on the worst offensive team in the NFL. He could be our starter.

I get people don't like him. But if you don't think he is one of the best 40 qbs, you're a liar.