National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I do not see it that way. They are just attention seekers, nothing more. How many African Americans died on the field of battle so they can act like a little child and dishonor their sacrifice.

Censorship you dishonor their sacrifice what are you not getting here

What a non story. I served and continue to serve, in no way am I slighted if a guy kneels, drinks, keeps his hat on, etc. The media pushes it because it's a story, lazy journalism if you ask me.

And blind allegiance to a country shouldn't be forced. You don't force people to put their hands over their hearts or remove their hats. That's not a democracy. Start yelling and shouting, then we have a problem but other than that leave people be.

Exactly. That's for totalitarian regimes like North Korea,

It's not about "conservative", it is about patriotism, love of the country and respect. These players little stunts do nothing for their cause. Their is a time and place for discussion of ideas. The National Anthem is about honoring our Country and remembering the cost of their freedom to act stupid. Peoples lives.

A song shows you are patriotic? Wow, you might feel powerful, but very clear you have given up your power to the propogandists. This country is built upon ideas, ideals, morality and the notion that one has free will to control their own selves as long as that does not impede on other's rights. Nothing else, and anyone who goes against that is unpatriotic, period.

You have allowed your tv, and the people behind it, to strip you of the ability to see those incredibly powerful ideas, and have them replaced by their talking points that you parrot back like a sheep. In their place they insert a symbol, a flag or a song, that triggers their pre-conditioned response out of you. Go watch the Manchurian Candidate (the original), the anthem your Queen of Hearts.

If you don't understand the "meaning" of the National Anthem, time for you to move.

What is its meaning other than a tribute to the War of 1812 by Francis Scott Key? You don't know what being an American is if you think people who don't agree with you should leave the country.

And yet Colin Kaepernick has done more for the people than any single person on this thread. Hmmm interesting how that is

Hey Maj. - how about the next time you are on a base and they play reveille followed by the national anthem - you bring your glove and raise a fist like that guy.

Bet you don't have the balls.

I will absolutely never get your obsession with standing for the national anthem, here in the UK we only know a few of the words and rarely ever actually sing it.

I know all of the words. I even know the little known second verse. I also know the words to the Star Spangled Banner. I know which I prefer to sing..... and it isn't the one about God and Queen.

Plus I never got why we need an anthem played before a sporting event in the first place?

In the NFL's case, they were getting paid by the defense Department for the intrest of advertisement and recruitment.

How's that for Patriotic?

Edited by Chicken Boo

What is the point. Dont try to tell me it is disrespectful to the military or nation

What a non story. I served and continue to serve, in no way am I slighted if a guy kneels, drinks, keeps his hat on, etc. The media pushes it because it's a story, lazy journalism if you ask me.

And blind allegiance to a country shouldn't be forced. You don't force people to put their hands over their hearts or remove their hats. That's not a democracy. Start yelling and shouting, then we have a problem but other than that leave people be.

Much respect for both of you.

Apparently the right to be a bunghole is now more American than freedom of speech

Well I'm certainly not gonna talk in circles here.

Your opinion is not fact. Freedom of speech is.

You don't have to agree with people's personal stances, but every good American should respect the fact that everyone is allowed to have a voice, whether or not you agree.

Hey Maj. - how about the next time you are on a base and they play reveille followed by the national anthem - you bring your glove and raise a fist like that guy.

Bet you don't have the balls.

Bet i dont either. Dont want UCMJ actions

And again that is less about the Song and more about what is going on with the Flag at that point

Edited by MAJBobby