National Anthem (Cameron Jefferson)

bmur66

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Owners have a right to stand up for what they believe in too. Cut his ass.

Time for you to move to another country.

Do you play and stand for the National Anthem before you go off to work every morning? If not maybe you should leave the country as well.

I'm fine with leaving the National Anthem as is for sporting events but I got to admit that it doesn't really make sense why we have it for every sporting event.

He'll have plenty of time to protest when he's flipping burgers next week.

I bet if he stood in front of a busy McDonalds with a boombox cranking the national anthem on repeat and raised his fist - he would get some national media attention.

He also might get some food chucked at him. :lol::lol:

Saturday night live and the late shows would do skits about him. :D

If he did it in Oakland - he might get stabbed.

Ima stand for only this, amidoingitright?

Boyst kickin things up a notch.

Probably don't want a blanket party either eh?

Not worried a bit about that. There are alot of Silent protests that go on. Ie dont leave the building until after 5pm.

Heck even my post stopped the requirement that if drivin on post at the time of the flags you have to stop and get out and render Salute.

YES. Not "force" but to do the same thing in unison, United. Do players where all different kinds of uniforms on the field or do the Bills all match? You do not win anyone over to your thinking by pissing on the flag. These players might have a valid point, but this does not help. Why don't they donate their paychecks to help the people they care about???????

Kaepernick has donated a lot of his money to causes he cares about

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/31/cameron-jefferson-heckled-bills-fan-fist-roster-spot-remain-air/

It's the National Anthem. Stand and show your respect. It's not a time to call attention to yourself or whatever your individual cause is. This is probably the only time you will hear that guys name other than on the cut list. If you don't know what to do during the National Anthem look at Eric Wood in the photo.

I swear if any Bills player doesn't stand for the National Anthem and the team does nothing about it I will not support this team any longer.

Who is with me?

You're the best American ever!!!

You are fine with women beaters and druggies but silently protesting is where you draw the line? Good message. And guess what if you stop watching? No one will ever notice.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

Not worried a bit about that. There are alot of Silent protests that go on. Ie dont leave the building until after 5pm.

Heck even my post stopped the requirement that if drivin on post at the time of the flags you have to stop and get out and render Salute.

Well, then, your whole post can get out too.

It's an honor/respect thing taught to Americans since they were little kids. It is one tiny ritual that helps bind countrymen and remind them that they are countrymen. Just a symbol of respect, honor and remembrance.

I think this is true, which is what somehow makes the anthem an appropriate protest venue for those who, for whatever reason, believe that the country is failing to live up to its ideal of equal rights for all.

Well I'm certainly not gonna talk in circles here.

Your opinion is not fact. Freedom of speech is.

You don't have to agree with people's personal stances, but every good American should respect the fact that everyone is allowed to have a voice, whether or not you agree.

Sorry man. My opinion was not directed towards you personally

I wonder what the Venn diagram of those who complain about "PC snowflake culture" and those who get their knickers in a twist over perceived insults to god and country looks like. I'm guessing there's a lot of overlap.

Edited by jimmy10

I wonder what the Venn diagram of those who complain about "PC snowflake culture" and those who get their knickers in a twist over perceived insults to god and country looks like. I'm guessing there's a lot of overlap.

Some of the people who cry about how PC everything has gotten are the biggest cry babies around.

I also love the God people who are most judgmental hypocrites around. They are the exact opposite of what Jesus talk.

Yep, and probably very little overlap with those who actually served.

Ima stand for only this, amidoingitright?

I don't understand your point. Are you saying that by exercising your rights you should be protected from criticism?

I you feel that white people are superior, and want to go march around Charlottesville yapping about it, knock yourself out. You have that right, just as others will have the freedom to exercise their rights in disagreeing with that stance.