The Lions Waive OT Cyrus Kouandjio

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told he's good enough to be our starting LT and we should move Glenn to RT....

Never saw anyone say that.

I (and others) did say, however, that given how well he performed last year, it would be worth considering if the team's best combination of 5 OLmen would include Cyrus at LT and Glenn at RT.

I (and others) did say, however, that given how well he performed last year, it would be worth considering if the team's best combination of 5 OLmen would include Cyrus at LT and Glenn at RT.

I don't think you said that but I read from many that we should do that. I always found it odd we want to move our best LT.

I know Kujo filled in here and there in spot starts and time but he obviously didn't show enough to be considered a full time starter. That's what my stance was....never liked the idea of moving Glenn. Kujo has been let go by 2 teams in the last 3 months.

Edited by Teeflebees

That wa a popular them around here in the offseason

I don't think you said that but I read from many that we should do that. I always found it odd we want to move our best LT.

I know Kujo filled in here and there in spot starts and time but he obviously didn't show enough to be considered a full time starter. He's been let go by 2 teams in the last 3 months.

Right; it's obvious at this point he can't play full-time, or he'd be on a roster somewhere.

The point wasn't to move Glenn; the point was that it was a one-year band-aid option to get the best combo of 5 on the field--it didn't materialize.

Right; it's obvious at this point he can't play full-time, or he'd be on a roster somewhere.

The point wasn't to move Glenn; the point was that it was a one-year band-aid option to get the best combo of 5 on the field--it didn't materialize.

The point may not be to move Glenn but he's still being moved. Lessening your LT talent to improve your RT isn't worth it IMO.

More evidence of how good a coach Kromer is/was.

The guy can really coach up an offensive line.

wasn't this one of the many complaints you've had lately? that the bills just let him go when he could be a decent replacement?

i think it's pretty obvious now that there was more going on than most fans know.

I liked Whaley, but he did make several misakes. I hated the Kujo pick! There were scout reports online how poorly his form was, bad knee, disapointing senior season. He reached bad for Kujo. Jarvis Landry, Allen Peterson, Devante Adams, Carlos Hyde...were some of the players selected after Kujo. That is almost as bad as trading up for Ragland

Pretty soon you'll hear "move Dawkins to LT and Glenn to RT", you know it's coming.

I know that the popular opinion has long been that your #1 tackle should be the LT in order to protect the blind side, but watching the league in the past decade has me thinking that having the bookends is just as imperative to OL success. Teams are lining up top pass rushers off the RT consistently and having success doing it. I love having Glenn at LT, but if Dawkins is a reasonably small downgrade, Glenn would provide such an immense upgrade at RT that he would easily provide the line with far superior performance 1-5. My ideal world has Glenn-Richie-Wood-Miller/Groy-Dawkins, but based on what we've seen in the preseason, Dawkins has not acclimated to RT in the way that he slid into LT against the Ravens.

News flash folks hes not that good. Heck Id say hes below average.

Yup just so much awful takes around here by so called experts:

https://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/192862-kouandjio-to-lt-experiment/page-4

The worst take of them all is the dude that can't follow the discussion and simply blasts out platitudes like "you don't move your LT and no team ever does" when it's blatantly false.

I know that the popular opinion has long been that your #1 tackle should be the LT in order to protect the blind side, but watching the league in the past decade has me thinking that having the bookends is just as imperative to OL success. Teams are lining up top pass rushers off the RT consistently and having success doing it. I love having Glenn at LT, but if Dawkins is a reasonably small downgrade, Glenn would provide such an immense upgrade at RT that he would easily provide the line with far superior performance 1-5. My ideal world has Glenn-Richie-Wood-Miller/Groy-Dawkins, but based on what we've seen in the preseason, Dawkins has not acclimated to RT in the way that he slid into LT against the Ravens.

Yep...not a difficult concept to grasp.

It doesn't mean that (1) Dawkins would be a better LT than Glenn, (2) the Glenn would be a permanent fixture at RT, or (3) it's a definite solution to the OL issues. It would simply mean (hypothetically) that--for a single season--moving Glenn over to the right side would get the best combination of 5 on the field.

Why that's such a massive mystery to a few folks will never make sense to me.

The worst take of them all is the dude that can't follow the discussion and simply blasts out platitudes like "you don't move your LT and no team ever does" when it's blatantly false.

It doesn't mean that (1) Dawkins would be a better LT than Glenn, (2) the Glenn would be a permanent fixture at RT, or (3) it's a definite solution to the OL issues. It would simply mean (hypothetically) that--for a single season--moving Glenn over to the right side would get the best combination of 5 on the field.

Super yikes. Cut twice and likely will never be a starter ever again without barring an injury. Yet you are still fervently hell bent on saving face after you very bad take.

another Whaley BUST

You arent doing it right you are supposed to blame it on Ryan or Pegula.

Super yikes. Cut twice and likely will never be a starter ever again without barring an injury. Yet you are still fervently hell bent on saving face after you very bad take.

As I discovered months ago, I know you aren't serious with the schtick...because there's no way physically possible that someone could be this poor at following a discussion.

If you were serious, you would literally never have a functioning conversation, because the crux of practically everything I've ever seen you attempt to discuss on this board is entirely lost on you.

Where is he this season? He would be a massive upgrade over Castillo.

Kromer is coaching the O line for the Rams. I'm not sure why the Bills didn't keep him since he clearly did a great job at elevating the performance of the players, and the blocking schemes the Bills used last year were very effective (led the league in rushing).

Yea it was.

He played very well last year filling in for Glenn. Then he fell on his hip in the offseason. That could've played a part as well.

Not sure. But our offensive line has looked awful so far this preseason. The loss of Kromer could be a reason for why.

so, you agree that you were a bit premature about heavily complaining about losing a guy that has some serious issues?

I never saw anything in CK to make me feel that he would be a valuable member of the OL... I'm not so sure that he is better than any of the other OL.(with the lone exception of Ducasse)

Leaving his "extracurricular activities" out of the discussion entirely, I'm not sure the Bills have any interest in him as the blocking scheme has changed this year.

Because new Bills coaches always have to hire their cronies.

You know most teams coaches hire people they know. You're acting like this is uncommon.

Unless you think it's more popular to assemble a staff with people who you don't know.....

Heavily complaining?

I said they should've kept him around as depth considering how well he played last season filling in for Glenn.

Scott...you complain more than anyone on this board about everything Bills related.

This is news to you?

How do you even know Glenn can adequately play RT? Making that move could have created an overall worse OL dynamic.

Tell this to Mike Tomlin. Who kept the same defensive scheme and most of the defensive staff intact when he got hired in Pittsburgh despite running a cover 2 in Minnesota.

It's popular tkeep a staff intact based on their performance.

Mularkey did it when he came in here in keeping the defensive staff intact after Greggo got fired.

Didn't Tomlin retain Dick LeBeau when he was hired though? Kind of a legend, unlike Rob Ryan/whoever called our D last year.