Vlad Ducasse and John Miller

sb_bound

I have been trying to figure out why on earth this is still a positional battle when Ducasse has looked like a complete joke out there compared to Miller. Can anyone shed any light on this? Is this an actual battle for the RG position or is this just getting Ducasse additional playing time to see if they want him on the roster. I know that Ducasse has to be one of the cuts if we are going to get that Comp pick. Maybe the coaching staff is just trying to gauge whether or not he is worth a roster spot compared to the possible Comp pick we could get.

This is my major pet peeve with this staff.

Miller is a good guard. Find a way to make him fit. Period.

The Bills don't exactly ever find good young G's. Now they have one and they are fvcking around with him.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

This is my major pet peeve with this staff.

Miller is a good guard. Find a way to make him fit. Period.

The Bills don't exactly ever find good young G's. Now they have one and they are fvcking around with him.

Makes no sense whatsoever.

Castillo did the same thing in Baltimore. He likes to tinker with the line ALA Marrone

Miller is good. I hope the Bills are playing Ducasse so much just to protect Miller from possible preseason injuries. Otherwise, this situation is so Classic Bills.

No there is really a open competition here, it has been confirmed by McD a couple times now.

Castillo did the same thing in Baltimore. He likes to tinker with the line ALA Marrone

That is basically what my coworker, a Ravens fan, said to me when they hired Castillo and signed Vlad.

It would make sense if he was good, but damn, he just looks bad.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/ducasse-miller-still-battling-bills-starting-right-guard-spot/

"Vlad's obviously got a leg up on John, just knowing the system and being comfortable with it and knowing all of what Coach Castillo's techniques are," veteran left guard Richie Incognito said. "John's the young, hungry guy who's started since he's been here (arriving as a third-round pick from Louisville in 2015). So he's fighting for his life right now, and those two guys are still battling it out.

:sick:

Competition is good and healthy, but I think Miller starts. If this staff wants to build this team up, they should keep players like him and Brown, who have played several games in their young careers and looked decent. Continuity on the offensive line is important, so Miller gets the nod IMO, and perhaps the part of the reason for Ducasse getting so much action is to help create some cohesion with his new linemates. Miller has missed a few games games, so giving extra reps to Vlad isn't a bad thing.

I think they're treating this right. Well see how that unfolds.

It's hilarious that Ducasse remains on this team. He's that terrible. He's literally VX nerve gas - just a little exposure of Ducasse in the game gets everyone killed.

The only reasonable rationale for John Miller not starting Week #1 is a coach being blinded by hubris and ego, an obvious workplace hazard in the NFL.

I have a tough time figuring out who is even in on any given play, let alone trying to figure out who did what.

I do know that Miller's name is easier to spell and does not sound French.

That alone gives alone gives him a big edge in both football and beer.

It's hilarious that Ducasse remains on this team. He's that terrible. He's literally VX nerve gas - just a little exposure of Ducasse in the game gets everyone killed.

The only reasonable rationale for John Miller not starting Week #1 is a coach being blinded by hubris and ego, an obvious workplace hazard in the NFL.

I think "a coach being incompetent" is more accurate.

I have a tough time figuring out who is even in on any given play, let alone trying to figure out who did what.

I do know that Miller's name is easier to spell and does not sound French.

That alone gives alone gives him a big edge in both football and beer.

Yeah but Vlad as a first name is much better than John, I mean has there ever been John the Impaler??

Also John can refer to a toilet so while Miller has the last name battle won, Vlad has the first name one won

Now you see the conundrum the coaches are in

Edited by Bray Wyatt

If Vlad starts over Miller it shows that the McBean experiment is headed for failure. Based on what has been seen to date, it's painfully obvious that Castillo needs to be sent packing along with Ducasse. Oline in general has taken a huge step backwards. Yet another here's my system....run it it and I don't care if it fits the players strengths or not.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

Yeah but Vlad as a first name is much better than John, I mean has there ever been John the Impaler??

Also John can refer to a toilet so while Miller has the last name battle won, Vlad has the first name one won

You're right. That's quite an onion.

Probably be easier if one of their names was hyphenated.

Beane would probably not only cut a hypher, I bet he'd ship him to France or maybe even Canada.

You want to cut Miller, who was one of the most improved OLmen in the NFL last year, to start a guy that has never started a game at guard in the NFL?

:lol: :lol:

Kellytough got the CTE

I Hear That :rolleyes:

I still think Ducasse has naughty pics of Castillo. Something really bad, maybe involving a patio table and a goat

:lol: goat life

It's more complicated than that.

Miller beer sucks, IMO. Too many Miller's may have you kissing the John. We've all been there, and while it's not fun, we've all lived to see another day. (High Life is the champagne of beers, though).

Kiss Vlad the Impaler and he'll probably kill you...advantage:Miller.