Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

Don't shoot the messenger but this guy seems to have a decent source after following him for awhile

@vicious155

The sense I'm getting is that Marcell Dareus's next misstep in a #Bills Uniform will be his last

Sal C was just on WGR and was getting heated talking about Dareus.

He was raising his voice saying "You're 27 years old and you can't make it on a bus on time? After all the troubles you've had in the past???"

He also brought up he heard from close sources that Dareus was late for about 25 meetings with Marrone before he finally sat him.

Dareus was a favorite of mine but I think I'm at the point that I'll be surprised if he doesn't mess up. If he was a teammate of mine...it would drive me crazy.

Crazy to think by next year, we could have two different starting defensive tackles.

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shoot the messenger but this guy seems to have a decent source after following him for awhile

@vicious155

The sense I'm getting is that Marcell Dareus's next misstep in a #Bills Uniform will be his last

Oh that would be fantastic. Let him go somewhere else and not be worth the money paid to him.

You become a winner when you have talented players who are committed to maximizing use of their talent and by having them unite as a team. Dareus seems to want to do neither. Absolutely correct decision.

Be interesting to see what other punishment comes down.

Dareus was motivated at Bama.

Oh that would be fantastic. Let him go somewhere else and not be worth the money paid to him.

Or he goes somewhere where they make the playoffs and fire coaches every 2 years.

@vicious155

I agree 100 percent. From hearing Bedard's interview

and how serious these guys are about changing the attitude at OBD I would not be surprised if they take the cap hit and send him packing. I don't even think it has to be something noteworthy, if he is pouting in the next few days look for some fireworks.

@vicious155

If true I wonder if there are suitors, or if we're talking about a cut?

Name one team in any sport any time that tried some kind of we don't tolerate bad behavior idea, and will only sign or keep good citizens that won anything. I can't think of one.

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes for a game he is not playing in is lunacy.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

And Alabama is a stable, awesome college program.

Generally you have more disciplined college kids than pro athletes...it's not just in the NFL. It's because they have more freedom and money as a pro...

It's not every time but college is more structured.

Alabama is awesome because they year in and year out, they have the best talent and recruiting class.

Name one team in any sport any time that tried some kind of we don't tolerate bad behavior idea, and will only sign or keep good citizens that won anything. I can't think of one.

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes is lunacy.

Dungy's Colts perhaps?

@vicious155

What is his trade value? What would they do if he misstepped after the deadline? Would they cut him outright or bench him and try to deal him next year?

Not advocating or excusing Dareus' behavior. I thought McD was right for sending him home. But the idea of cutting him outright if he is only two hours early instead of two hours and fifteen minutes for a game he is not playing in is lunacy.

People often confuse character and football character. Dareus apparently has neither.

I totally agree with your larger point here Kelly, but this is more about a pattern of behavior with Dareus that has been recurring since his rookie year when he routinely showed up late for meetings. They wouldn't cut him outright for being two hours late vs. two hours and fifteen minutes late; but they would for it being a repeated pattern of behavior.

Moot point though as we can't cut him due to the cap hits his contract saddles us with. But if that constraint wasn't there, I could see McD and Co. kicking him to the curb.

Not excusing him but he has what like 5 DCs in 6 years or so?

Players need to be professional but you can't tell me players don't check out with all that change and lack of winning.

That, and just the lack of stability in this franchise in general.

He goes from Nick Saban's SYSTEM which touches and controls players in ever aspect in their life, to... One Bills Drive, which is basically a monkey !@#$ing a coconut. No leader/father figure anywhere.

It may have been a different story for him somewhere else, the Bills were definitely not the best situation for him. But it's still time to grow up.

@vicious155

I'm actually looking forward to his exit. but it wont take long for another to be on the whipping post. take the money and run and go to a contender. I sure wouldn't want to waste 2 or 3 more years of my career on a team that hasn't been able to get it right for a couple of decades.

there is no guarantee this regime turns it around either.

Is that right? Huh...

I was a little surprised too....

Per a database of NFL arrests, the following players got popped while playing for head coach Tony Dungy.

9/10/2008 Indianapolis DT Ed Johnson Arrested, charged with marijuana possession after being stopped for speeding. Cut by team within a day. 4/21/2008 Indianapolis RB Kenton Keith Arrested, charged with misdemeanor counts of disorderly conduct, public intoxication and resisting law enforcement after police said he refused to leave nightclub parking lot. 3/31/2007 Indianapolis DE Darrell Reid Arrested on suspicion of marijuana possession in N.J. after traffic stop. 2/20/2007 Indianapolis RB Dominic Rhodes Arrested on a drunken driving charge after Indiana state troopers pulled over a GMC truck going 81 mph in a 55-mph zone. Pleaded guilty to reckless driving, $1,000 fine, suspended sentence 1/3/2007 Indianapolis RB DeDe Dorsey Charged with misdemeanor of carrying a handgun without a license after being stopped for speeding. 6/13/2006 Indianapolis LB Cato June Arrested after missing court appearance for driving with suspended license Dropped 5/12/2006 Indianapolis DL Vincent Burns Arrested, charged with disorderly conduct outside Kentucky club 6/4/2005 Indianapolis CB Nick Harper Arrested and charged with misdemeanor domestic battery for allegedly striking his wife. Diversion program for first-time offenders 5/29/2005 Indianapolis S_ Mike Doss Arrested on charges of carrying a concealed weapon and discharging a firearm within city limits. Pleaded guilty to misdemeanors, NFL suspended two games 1/1/2005 Indianapolis DT Montae Reagor Charged with harassment and telephone threats to a former girlfriend. 4/3/2004 Indianapolis CB Joseph Jefferson Arrested, charged with DUI, driving with suspended license Pleaded guilty May 2004, probation, community service 11/17/2003 Indianapolis CB Joseph Jefferson Charged with DUI in Bowling Green, Ky. Pleaded guilty to driving with suspended license, $384.50 fines, 30-day suspended sentence 6/12/2002 Indianapolis CB Joseph Jefferson Charged with carrying a firearm without a license Acquitted 3/27/2002 Indianapolis RB Dominic Rhodes Charged with domestic abuse after he was accused of hitting and shoving a woman. Diversion program, mental health counseling 6/16/2001 Tampa Bay CB Alex Ardley Charged with drunken driving after crashing Deuce McAllister’s sport utility vehicle into a house in Tallahassee, Fla. Cut by team next day, pleaded to reckless driving, $670 fine, six months probation, 150 hours community service 9/12/2000 Tampa Bay S_ Damien Robinson Arrested on bad check warrant for car registration he failed to pay Restitution paid, dropped 7/28/2000 Tampa Bay WR Darnell McDonald Arrested on felony charges of aggravated battery and burglary of car

http://www.thesportsbank.net/nfl/things-happened-tony-dungy/

Is that right? Huh...

the legend of Tony Dungy is amazing, if you know what was going on there and Andy and all the places you've been. He's a great guy and nice guy by all accounts but there's no way he's as big of a Boy Scout and preaches effectively all he says

That, and just the lack of stability in this franchise in general.

He goes from Nick Saban's SYSTEM which touches and controls players in ever aspect in their life, to... One Bills Drive, which is basically a monkey !@#$ing a coconut. No leader/father figure anywhere.

It may have been a different story for him somewhere else, the Bills were definitely not the best situation for him. But it's still time to grow up.

Good post and I agree. I definitely give Dareus more of a pass than most players. He's not a bad guy. But literally everyone in his family that could probably talk sense to him has passed away.

the legend of Tony Dungy is amazing, if you know what was going on there and Andy and all the places you've been. He's a great guy and nice guy by all accounts but there's no way he's as big of a Boy Scout and preaches effectively all he says

There are a lot of players and coaches and other entertainers like that. For a huge number they are genuinely good or great people. For a seemingly equal huge number they are good or great at playing to the press and fans and not good or great people at all.

I heard his son was disturbed committed suicide, does that make you proud and justified now?

There are a lot of players and coaches and other entertainers like that. For a huge number they are genuinely good or great people. For a seemingly equal huge number they are good or great at playing to the press and fans and not good or great people at all.

This message was brought to you by Jello.

Is there a CBA guru who can tell us how and when we can finally get rid of Mr. Staypuft?

I'm thinking 2019 at the earliest with cap penalty, but it would at least be doable.

Anyone have this figured out?

if we do it next year (especially via trade to not eat the2018 salary guarantee) and split the hit over 2 we CAN but I'm not so sure that makes sense if trying to maximize talent housed inside the cap. We would lose a big talent and not be able to replace it. Edited by NoSaint

In a perfect world that would be nice. Dareus doesn't care whether the guy chewing his ass is a former Marine or not. In one ear and out the other.

closed door sessions can be enlightening.

@vicious155

would not be surprised with this Staff. I am able to deal with it honestly.

respect the Coach

If true I wonder if there are suitors, or if we're talking about a cut?

cut. one that hurts though. ouchies.

damn this sucks

if that is the simple story, sure. Methinks the kid Might be a dk