Dareus sent home for violating a team rule

• Replies 687
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dareus just turned 27, a lot can change. Frontal lobe for the average male is still working on developing until the mid 20's. He might be delayed due to a rough road in life. Or....it may never happen, but we don't know yet.

Just stop.

Anyone know what he actually did?

Disappointing and frustrating for sure, but I also cant help but think McD simply saw an opportunity to "make an example" of a big time player without damaging the team too much.

As for Marcel, I'll be interested to find out what the rule violation was.

It sucks watching Hard Knocks and seeing how Gerald McCoy carries himself, and it just seems like we can never have nice things.

Disappointing and frustrating for sure, but I also cant help but think McD simply saw an opportunity to "make an example" of a big time player without damaging the team too much.

It sucks watching Hard Knocks and seeing how Gerald McCoy carries himself, and it just seems like we can never have nice things.

Laconfora saw him arrive at the stadium two hours before the game by himself and some players were already stretching on the field. He was very likely just late to arrive, although it was still two hours before the game. Inexcusable though. Just show up on time.

I've noticed that too. McCoy has a lot of personality, and it's also obvious his teammates give him tons of respect. He earns it. We saw him carrying a rookie's equipment each day of camp, something they said he doesn't just do for the cameras but has done for several years. A little thing, but it obviously means a lot.

I've noticed that too. McCoy has a lot of personality, and it's also obvious his teammates give him tons of respect. He earns it. We saw him carrying a rookie's equipment each day of camp, something they said he doesn't just do for the cameras but has done for several years. A little thing, but it obviously means a lot.

You have to vet your players well, know what makes them tick. Your talking about a lot of $$$ the great Buddy nix vetted him

I'm so over Dareus...I think the Bills should pull a "kaepernick" on him because clearly his play on the field is not worth the drama and distraction that comes with him imo...definitely not a McD type of guy.

10 sacks from the DT position last time he played in a 4-3 front. The Bills don't need that. They need culture and process instead.

what good is he if he never on the field because he is always either hurt or suspended for something stupid? the dude is 27 years old...he is not a kid anymore and he is out of excuses in my book.

Edited by JaCrispy

A bit dramatic, no? Sounds like the guy missed a meeting.

You are right this is his first ever knuclehead move what was I thinking?

You have to vet your players well, know what makes them tick. Your talking about a lot of $$$ the great Buddy nix vetted him

no that was Doug Whaley

I'm so over Dareus...I think the Bills should pull a "kaepernick" on him because clearly his play on the field is not worth the drama and distraction that comes with him imo...definitely not a McD type of guy.

what good is he if he never on the field because he is always either hurt or suspended for something stupid? the dude is 27 years old...he is not a kid anymore and he is out of excuses in my book.

Sure dump him and add DT to the positions the Bills need to upgrade.

A month ago those positions included QB, RT, and MLB. McBeane added WR and CB to the list. Now they dump Dareus to turn this into a 6 year rebuild.

17 years of making the same mistakes over and over again. Culture and process over skill and talent is not a winning formula.

Well, if Dareus gets another drug suspension, I have to question his intelligence. Or maybe make me reconsider my thoughts about marijuana as an addictive drug. (Or both.) That would cost him millions more. But if he just continues to Albert Haynesworth his way into oblivion by putting forth a minimal effort? Seems like a lack of motivation, but given the dangers of playing NFL football, I'd chalk that up to a calculated decision to take the money and run. (Or walk really slowly in this case)

I mean, word was he worked all offseason to be in great shape. I'd assume he wasn't late cause he couldn't find his lighter to hit his bong and then was delayed taking a nap. Now what the story was, I have no idea - irresponsible? Probably. Lazy or drug related? Seems unlikely.

Dareus just turned 27, a lot can change. Frontal lobe for the average male is still working on developing until the mid 20's. He might be delayed due to a rough road in life. Or....it may never happen, but we don't know yet.

I had a rough road in life, very rough. I learned at a very early adult age I wanted to do better than the way I grew up. Different strokes for different folks I guess. Dareus needs to go as soon as his horrific contract allows it

Sure dump him and add DT to the positions the Bills need to upgrade.

A month ago those positions included QB, RT, and MLB. McBeane added WR and CB to the list. Now they dump Dareus to turn this into a 6 year rebuild.

17 years of making the same mistakes over and over again. Culture and process over skill and talent is not a winning formula.

I agree with the culture and talent part, but talent is no good when you are constantly missing games from just plain out being stupid. He is nowhere near close to worth his contract

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

I didn't read the entire thread so forgive me if I ask a question that's been asked already. But if the Bills travel to the opponents stadium by bus when on the road, how was Dareus late arriving? Did he miss the bus from the hotel?