Songs that can or have made you cry

Another Fan

I became a huge JJ fan based solely on the Curious George soundtrack. I've bought everything he puts out ever since. BTW, he is overdue.

When I saw him play Upside Down live it brought a tear to my eye thinking of my kids (couples night out).

I associate a lot of fond memories of my life with JJ songs. I make slide shows and DVDs for family vacations and JJ songs are often the background music. I've shed a tear on many occasions with songs like Better Together as the background to great memories, First slideshow I ever were made was to Upside Down and my kids at Sesame Place.

Putting JJ aside, I was recently at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game and shed a tear at the 7th inning stretch when they did the Harry Caray "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" tribute. It was my first game at Wrigley having watched games on TV since my youth.

I became a huge JJ fan based solely on the Curious George soundtrack. I've bought everything he puts out ever since. BTW, he is overdue.

When I saw him play Upside Down live it brought a tear to my eye thinking of my kids (couples night out).

I associate a lot of fond memories of my life with JJ songs. I make slide shows and DVDs for family vacations and JJ songs are often the background music. I've shed a tear on many occasions with songs like Better Together as the background to great memories, First slideshow I ever were made was to Upside Down and my kids at Sesame Place.

Putting JJ aside, I was recently at Wrigley Field for a Cubs game and shed a tear at the 7th inning stretch when they did the Harry Caray "Take Me Out To The Ball Game" tribute. It was my first game at Wrigley having watched games on TV since my youth.

Cool story thanks for sharing. The Curious George movie was the first time I heard of Jack too

"Maybe I'm Amazed" - Such a beautiful, meaningful song. Made me cry whilst seeing/hearing Macca sing it live.

"Tears in Heaven" - It was always a bit of a tear-jerker. But now that I've got a son of my own, it hits me a lot harder whenever I hear it (which is very rarely).

"In My Life" - Really gets me thinking and realizing how many friends I've had to say goodbye to.

"The Book of Love" by Peter Gabriel, especially when it was featured in Scrubs.

"Cat's In The Cradle" - Harry Chapin

"What A Wonderful World" - Louis Armstrong

I am sure there are way more, but those 3 immediately came to mind

New album is due out in September. Heard a cut off it just at lunch. Saw him for the first time live this summer....outstanding show!

There are a few for me. They were all songs that my mom loved that we'd play to her on her death bed. Piano Man, In My Life, Yesterday are all at the top of the list. Every time I hear them I start thinking about my mom.

:cry:

There are a few for me. They were all songs that my mom loved that we'd play to her on her death bed. Piano Man, In My Life, Yesterday are all at the top of the list. Every time I hear them I start thinking about my mom.

Note to self: if hanging out with Kirby do not take him to karaoke night.

I don't mean to be all depressing but it makes for a great memory. She passed in October of 2015 (actually during that Bengals game). It was a really aggressive brain tumor. At any rate we would put those songs (and others) on for her and just sit there with her. In hospice they even had a singer come and play some of them for her. She really loved them and I think that it helped comfort her.

Long story short my sister had all of my aunts and family friends in Cleveland last week for the Billy Joel concert.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Cats in the Cradle always majes me sad that either my brother or I couldn't be closer to home with Dad

Good one /dev! Harry Chapin's version is the best.

Who Yo'd Be Today -Chesney chokes me up. We lost our Maid Of Honor 35 years ago in a horrible car wreck. Wifey still isn't over it. She was 20 years old..

Cats in the Cradle always gets me, makes wonder if I could have been a better father to my children

Lately Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments and Downstream on the same album. They make me cry because I think of my last girlfriend that just crushed my heart. I still want her back even though she hurt my heart bad.

Supertramp's "Even in the Quietest Moments" was playing on the radio as I was pulling out of the hospital parking lot the last day I saw my Mom alive. I knew at the time it was likely the last time I would see her. Hard for me to listen to it to this day

Somebody already mentioned "Amazing Grace", and I'll second that. I'll also add the beautiful Catholic hymn, "The Prayer of St Francis".

For more modern music, ie, country, since that's what I mostly listen to, I would say songs about the aftermath of lost love or unrequited love ... Doug Stone's "I Thought It Was You" or Eric Church's "Give Me Back My Hometown" or Dan Seals' "Everything That Glitters" or Keith Whitley's "Don't Close Your Eyes".