Anquan Boldin Signs 1 Year Deal with the Bills Pg45

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boldin will be 37yrs old in 2 months.

Plus, they report r that he backed out of a deal with the Bills last week. Maybe it was him who didn't want a multi year deal.

A 1 year deal seems right in this scenario. If things go well for him here and he performs, it should be a lot easier to convnice him to sign on for another year. But if things don't go well or his performance starts to quickly decline at 37yrs old the Bills are not locked in for longer.

As I stated a bonus due each year at BILLS' OPTION to keep him.

Watkins' production since he was drafted:

post-24670-0-63613000-1502125732_thumb.png

Boldin's production since Sammy was drafted:

post-24670-0-38454000-1502125762_thumb.png

Sammy, you were drafted with two first-round picks — you better not let a guy in his late-30s continue to out-perform you! :P

/rant

Damn I hate when a thread subject changes distinctly but a new one isn't opened - have to go back and search 30 pages for when the new breaking news happened

/end rant

Holmes and Ducasse, I thought. Could be wrong.

I think ryan davis too. I don't think zach brown was signed during the window.

Any of these guys can be brought back though. After final roster cut downs I wouldnt be surprised if theres a better option than ryan davis anyway.

Edited by dneveu

I really do not like 1 year deals for someone like this. If he is good enough to sign then sign a multi year deal with bonuses each year at option to team. If he works out then you have to go thru the whole negotiation process again.

There's always one guy

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.08.08 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.07.50 PM.png

Sammy, you were drafted with two first-round picks — you better not let a guy in his late-30s continue to out-perform you! :P

I would laugh but its pathetic.

Holmes and Ducasse, I thought. Could be wrong.

If that's the case it's a no-brainer IMO. Keep Streater and Mudge (or go with 3 interior OL and PS Mudge). Take the 3rd round pick.

I think ryan davis too. I don't think zach brown was signed during the window.

Any of these guys can be brought back though. After final roster cut downs I wouldnt be surprised if theres a better option than ryan davis anyway.

If he gets passed by Yarborough that should be on the table as wel (especially if we have until Week 10).

As I stated a bonus due each year at BILLS' OPTION to keep him.

If he previously backed out of a 1 year deal with the Bills, and it took him this long to sign for just a year, I don't see any circumstance where Boldin agree to a team option on his deal, especially being in the very twilight of his career.

A team option on the deal would have been nice, I agree. But I just don't see any way Boldin signed on for that (unless the team option was for a completely ridiculous salary that he just couldn't refuse, but then that likely makes it harder for the Bills to sign him again next year (IMO) if he does well).

If that's the case it's a no-brainer IMO. Keep Streater and Mudge (or go with 3 interior OL and PS Mudge). Take the 3rd round pick.

If he gets passed by Yarborough that should be on the table as wel (especially if we have until Week 10).

Vlad Ducasse

Ryan Davis

Andre Holmes

Steven Hauschka

Patrick DiMarco

Jordan Poyer

Micah Hyde

Cut 3 of the above to receive a 3rd round pick for Gilmore. Cut 4 of the above for a 3rd for Gilmore and a 4th for Woods.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.08.08 PM.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-08-07 at 1.07.50 PM.png

Trade Dammy now?

What, no Jerry Rice?

Please, what did he ever do as a receiver?!?

So...is Boldin injured yet?

He narrowly avoided both a serious wrist injury AND a papercut when he signed the contract!

This is great news. Immediate impact. We now have three, or even four (Streater...McD really likes him?), above average WR options.

On another note, I wish we'd start new threads when the news changes. Due to there being a lack of a mobile app option, you have to scroll all the way to the end to get to the last comment. Using this logic, we'd use this thread for all Boldin issues going forward.

This signing makes me feel good about our offense this year, especially given Watkins' injury history.