• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shady was like:

*busts out through a wall* "I'm the FREE AGENT WHISPERER, OHH YEAH!!!"

to

"OHH NO!!!" *tiptoes backwards out of the hole in the wall*

I don't want him to go 0-2 with regards to attempting to woo free agents to Buffalo.

Edited by BmoreBills

Ian Rapoport‏Verified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

In addition to veteran FA WR Anquan Boldin, the #Bills had in defensive players Roy Miller, Leger Douzable, Devon Still, I'm told.

Ummmm 3 DT's ...is Washington about to get cut....

Douz! They could always cut Deandre Coleman. He is a true nose tackle, no sense in even bringing him to camp, there's no fit for him on this defense

Ian RapoportVerified account @RapSheet 6m6 minutes ago

In addition to veteran FA WR Anquan Boldin, the #Bills had in defensive players Roy Miller, Leger Douzable, Devon Still, I'm told.

Ummmm 2 DT's ...and Leger who is really a hybrid DT/DE....is Washington about to get cut..

Would like to see Washington and Douzable both make it

@ScottSwenson4: Bills really kicking the tires on Anquan Boldin. He was seen with Bills handler at UB Orthopedics. @news4buffalo

F5

I saw Kolby Listenbee at that butcher shop and then nobody ever heard from him again. Hopefully it's just for a quick exam

@ScottSwenson4: Bills really kicking the tires on Anquan Boldin. He was seen with Bills handler at UB Orthopedics. @news4buffalo

F5

This is unanimously a good decision, right? I can't think of a reason not to sign him.

This is unanimously a good decision, right? I can't think of a reason not to sign him.

Unless they gave him some ridiculous money/term, which I don't see happening, I can't see any down side to signing him.

I've wanted Boldin all offseason, so I'm really hoping it gets done.

But even if it doesn't, it seems pretty clear that OBD is most likely going to make an addition to the WR corps between now and the start of the season. I'm sure there will be some good WR's available between now and then. It'd be nice to get a quality guy like Boldin in before training camp though.

Sal Capaccio Verified account @SalSports 2m2 minutes ago

More

League source tells me nothing imminent between the Bills and Boldin, but door isn't closed.

well, that's that.

At this point in FA, you know what the guy wants financially. You know what you want his role to be. If it isn't a fit for whatever reason, isn't that something you find out before they come in? Like over the phone?

Why bring in someone like Anquan Boldin just to let him walk out the door?

At this point in FA, you know what the guy wants financially. You know what you want his role to be. If it isn't a fit for whatever reason, isn't that something you find out before they come in? Like over the phone?

I agree. Not impressed with the new GM so far.

And all along we thought it was Ralph

RW would pay for players, most of the time. It was the management and coaching he went cheap on. Pegulas will pay, but not when the GM is being too frugal.

NE wins the SB, and continues to get better adding players, good players, and we can't even get an aging Boldin. SMH

RW would pay for players, most of the time. It was the management and coaching he went cheap on. Pegulas will pay, but not when the GM is being too frugal.

i agree .. totally.. very perplexed about this if they do not sign boldin. not getting maclin, not closing the deal here, (hopefuilly it gets done) , what is going on? pegula pays(see ville leino)

Edited by dwight in philly

Seriously? What's there not to be impressed with yet? Because Maclin chose Flacco and a Baltimore team he felt was more competitive and just won a Super Bowl in 2012 over a Buffalo team that hasn't even seen the playoffs in almost 2 decades? (him not signing here had nothing to do with the GM, go read Maclin's comments in why he chose Baltimore). And because we didn't sign Boldin yet? Seems like some silly reasons not to be impressed with our GM...

Look at the front office/personnel/scouting staff Beane put together. How can you not be impressed by that?

Really, there's not even close to enough to judge Beane on one way or another yet. But from listening to him talk and looking at the staff he's assembled, I don't really understand how someone could not be impressed with him, unless they're just looking for reasons not to like him (IMO anyway).

i agree .. totally.. very perplexed about this if they do not sign boldin. not getting maclin, not closing the deal here, (hopefuilly it gets done) , what is going on? pegula pays(see ville leino)

Very unimpressed with this new GM so far.

Do you do all of your hiring over the phone? These are pretty naive questions.

You win for most ridiculous post of the offseason.

Seriously? What's there not to be impressed with yet? Because Maclin chose Flacco and a Baltimore team he felt was more competitive and just won a Super Bowl in 2012 over a Buffalo team that hasn't even seen the playoffs in almost 2 decades? (him not signing here had nothing to do with the GM, go read Maclin's comments in why he chose Baltimore). And because we didn't sign Boldin yet? Seems like some silly reasons not to be impressed with our GM...

Look at the front office/personnel/scouting staff Beane put together. How can you not be impressed by that?

Really, there's not even close to enough to judge Beane on one way or another yet. But from listening to him talk and looking at the staff he's assembled, I don't really understand how someone could not be impressed with him, unless they're just looking for reasons not to like him (IMO anyway).

If OBD is turning into the frugal Bills, they better be the best drafters in the NFL, for an organization staring at 18 years of no playoffs. Now that's not on the new regime, but it isn't a good sign for the fanbase not to get Boldin in here. Maclin, who had other suiters, I can see, but not this one.

There's a long way to go before the season starts. Let's wait and see what happens, yeah? There's plenty of time to add to the WR corps. Who knows, we may still sign Boldin yet, too.

It's not like we had a great passing game the last couple years, so drawing in any good FA wide receivers may not be the easiest task right now, until they prove that they will pass their receivers the ball more. Buffalo ran more than they passed, pretty sure they were the only team in the NFL to do so. That may contribute to WR's not putting Buffalo at the top of their list.

I don't want them to overpay an aging player just to force a signing, either.