Rodak: Mike Tolbert could emerge as #2 RB

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know who to blame for letting gillislee walk and not concerned with that but i know having an adequate contingency plan is always important

tolbert is not terrible but he is not a #2 back.

i don't know who to blame for letting gillislee walk and not concerned with that but i know having an adequate contingency plan is always important

I didn't have a problem with letting gillislee walk. Until we visited the idea of essentially giving Gillislee's money to Jeremy Maclin. It seems like the Maclin money could gave been well spent on Gillislee.

Dimarco: 4.92

Tolbert: 4.75

I wonder what Mike Alstott ran, not that it matters. That was an interesting career. Not great, but interesting.... Edited by Augie

This is Rodak click bait at its finest

Rodak reminds of the guy that would still live at home with mom and dad, wear footy pajamas, and get picked on by the neighborhood kids at the age of 40.

Also, his LinkedIn profile pic reminds me of a creepy ventriloquist dummy.

I wonder what Mike Alstott ran, not that it matters. That was an interesting career. Not great, but interesting....

Mike Alstott ran a 4.74, at 248 lbs but the Buccs had him beef up to 262 lbs at one point. Also was a 6-time pro-bowler, 3-time first team all-pro, and in the Bucs Ring of Honor, very solid career.

Edited by Captain Murica

I think Jwill would need to fumble away the job. He's clearly the better option to replace Mike. Unfortunately chris brown said he had ball security issues early on in OTAs.

Btw chris Brown also hates Andre Holmes. McD loves him. Didn't cb get the memo?

Edited by YoloinOhio

@mikerodak

Something to look for this fall: Mike Tolbert running the ball. The Bills' 250-pounder has taken a heavy dose of carries this spring, rumbling down the field. Without a clear-cut No. 2 running back behind LeSean McCoy, it's possible Tolbert fills the void

https://t.co/W6iTCMFpg7

If Tolbert is the Bills number 2 RB we are in deep trouble.

I think the guy gets a bad wrap as a big guy. Blount is a big rumbler and he's been a very effective player over the last couple of seasons. Tolbert also has catching ability.

If he was our feature back i'd be worried, but as a backup RB/FB I think he's probably fine.

Tolbert has 2400 yards, 45 total TDs, and another 1700 yards receiving.

Edited by dneveu

I think the guy gets a bad wrap as a big guy. Blount is a big rumbler and he's been a very effective player over the last couple of seasons. Tolbert also has catching ability.

If he was our feature back i'd be worried, but as a backup RB/FB I think he's probably fine.

Tolbert has 2400 yards, 45 total TDs, and another 1700 yards receiving.

This. That being said, I hope JW wins the backup RB job.

I didn't have a problem with letting gillislee walk. Until we visited the idea of essentially giving Gillislee's money to Jeremy Maclin. It seems like the Maclin money could gave been well spent on Gillislee.

Marlin is a proven starter. Gillislee is not. Still no problem with letting him walk.

Longtime Tolbert fan but he is actually terrible wrt ypc production, which has been the key component of the Bills offensive success the past two seasons. 2.75 yards and a could of dust isn't going to offset any passing game deficiencies.

I dunno, no reason why Tolbert and Williams cannot be HB2A and HB2B respectively. Tolbert as change of pace/short yardage/goal line and Williams to spell McCoy. I am excited to see what Tolbert can contribute. Somewhat because I am skeptic based off Williams' first year.

tolbert has 1 rushing TD in the last 3 seasons, I'm not too encouraged about him being a goal line/short yardage guy. Maybe he'll be more effective here, he has had some great days in the past, but it's been quite a few years.