Fred Jackson 'not ready to hang 'em up'

I think he can do it. Fred was never about speed, he was always a finesse runner. He'd only be asked to take minimal carries anyways so idt his body taking a beating would be an issue

You have to be quick and able to hit the hole...have to make the 1st guy miss on a screen play....Jackson cannot do this anymore...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+2

+3

You have to be quick and able to hit the hole...have to make the 1st guy miss on a screen play....Jackson cannot do this anymore...

You could really see this in Seattle. Time and time again he was brought down too soon and you could see FredEx pounding the turf in frustration...he knew he was being caught by guys who would have missed 1-2 years previously.

With the pending suspension to J Wil I have no problem bringing him in for the vet minimum. His lockeroom presence would help the team and if he sticks past training camp good for him. If not, so be it, he can retire a Bill

With the pending suspension to J Wil I have no problem bringing him in for the vet minimum. His lockeroom presence would help the team and if he sticks past training camp good for him. If not, so be it, he can retire a Bill

How...? If a player can't perform on the field how does he help in the locker room? Jackson was one of my favorite players but he's done

Edited by nucci

I've never seen any evidence of it helping from a perspective of winning games while he was at OBD.

How...? If a player can't perform on the field how does he help in the locker room? Jackson was one of my favorite players but he's done

As I said, if he makes the roster great, if he doesn't make it past camp then so be it! He can retire a Bill

Fred...it's time man...hang them up...don't be that dude who tries to hold on way past the time everyone but you can see it's over...wondering why you get tackled in the backfield by an undrafted FA who is never going to play a down in the NFL...getting scraps thrown to you from the kitchen table when you used to be the chef...walk away man...don't embarrass yourself.

Edited by matter2003

:blink:

We've officially reached Ludicrous Speed.

u r the ludicrous one. Fred was amazing at an age where most NFL running backs are over the hill.--And this was on a lousy team. Fred Jackson starting at age 22 or 23 would have probably led the league in rushing at least a few times and gotten massive yardage.he was brilliant making yardage out of the absolute nothing the bills o line gave him.He had home run ability even at 30 years of age. He was powerful enough to drag d players that xtra 2 yards.

put him on those 90s bills teams with a full career...he woulda led the league in total yardage as often as thurman.

Nothing ludicrous about speculating what Fred coulda done if he werent ignored for the prime running back yrs.Fred shoulda been well over 10k yards with a decent start.No problem at all.

Edited by Tcali

u r the ludicrous one. Fred was amazing at an age where most NFL running backs are over the hill.--And this was on a lousy team. Fred Jackson starting at age 22 or 23 would have probably led the league in rushing at least a few times and gotten massive yardage.he was brilliant making yardage out of the absolute nothing the bills o line gave him.He had home run ability even at 30 years of age. He was powerful enough to drag d players that xtra 2 yards.

put him on those 90s bills teams with a full career...he woulda led the league in total yardage as often as thurman.

Nothing ludicrous about speculating what Fred coulda done if he werent ignored for the prime running back yrs.Fred shoulda been well over 10k yards with a decent start.No problem at all.

Pretty much agree with all of that

As I said, if he makes the roster great, if he doesn't make it past camp then so be it! He can retire a Bill

He still wouldnt retire a bill. he would go into free agency. what is missed. he wants to keep playing. i firmly believe that had he not said he wanted to play until 40, or had he said he was going to retire at the end of his last season here... he would have never been cut.

seasons over 1000 yards= Fred 1.... Thurman 8 consecutive seasons

Fred was a GOOD player with a lot of heart when there was no one else on the team to root for. Comparing him to Thurman is ridiculous. Thurman is a second ballot hall of famer, Fred never even got a free trip to Hawaii.

Edited by Over 28 years of fanhood

Fred--- Is a class act. Duh! And along with Kyle was always the guy who gave 100%. He was fun too watch and for awhile a huge part of an anemic offense. Him getting cut the way he did was the Bills way. The FO saying one thing then doing another.And pissed off a lot of fans when he was cut. I don't know if he even makes it too the Wall. But if he does I will be there.

Fred you got a business in Buffalo. You are respected and playing in Buffalo showed what a determined person can accomplish. Sign a one day contract. And reitre a Bill. You have nothing left too prove. Certainly not too your fans.

Talk about hyperbole. Fred played with a lot of heart. But he was never an elite runner.

Talk about hyperbole. Fred played with a lot of heart. But he was never an elite runner.

This is just wrong. Before the knee injury in 2011, Fred was leading the league in rushing and was getting MVP talk. The only reason he never got more was because the Bills wasted 1st round picks on Marshawn and CJ, who then got beat out by Fred both times. Fred may be done, but you can't say he was never an elite runner.

This is just wrong. Before the knee injury in 2011, Fred was leading the league in rushing and was getting MVP talk. The only reason he never got more was because the Bills wasted 1st round picks on Marshawn and CJ, who then got beat out by Fred both times. Fred may be done, but you can't say he was never an elite runner.

I'll say it. Guys like Gale Sayers, OJ Simpson, Walter Payton, and Eric Dickerson were elite. Fred Jackson.....never!

Please show me then the All Pro selection that is basically a recognition that the guy was one of the best for a season . Heck, I 'll even take a Pro Bowl selection (which at times is just a popularity contest). There is none right?

Please show me then the All Pro selection that is basically a recognition that the guy was one of the best for a season . Heck, I 'll even take a Pro Bowl selection (which at times is just a popularity contest). There is none right?

Ha,ha. a decent back on a losing team. Some Buff fans kill me.Blah,blah,blah ,blah,blah I remember someone on here saying he was better than A.P.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean, what would really be the harm in bringing him to camp? He's probably better then the last rv currently on the roster. As sad as it is, he might be better then our current #2 lol. Let him go to camp, you can always cut him if it's all gone. Give him a chance to retire as a Bill the right way and maybe even play a preseason game. Let him suit up as the guy in the 4th preseason game. It would give some fans a reason to watch it

Because he was awful 3 years ago and definitely didn't get better.

Lots of narrow-minded ageism going on. I'd say invite him to camp and see if he can help the Bills at a position where they have next to nothing behind Shady. A player who had more career carries than Fred going into last season, for the record.

Fred has been proving the doubters wrong his whole career. I wouldn't bet against him.

Wow was expecting some more of this in here honestly...

...let the kid sail off into the sunset unscathed and with dignity......as far as WOF, somebody post the EXACT AND KNOWN criteria for membership and we then can discuss his pros and cons qualifiers if such a document does exist before the yipsters automatically disqualify him...........t,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I say bring him in and let him compete.

McCoy could definitely use motivation. He strives on it. And he had no idea who Fred Jackson is, obviously, so it would be great.

Edited by Boyst62

I say bring him in and let him compete.

McCoy could definitely use motivation. He strives on it. And he had no idea who Fred Jackson is, obviously, so it would be great.

Sure. While we're at it, why not bring Terrell Owens back to compete for a WR spot, since they weren't able to sign Maclin? It'll be like 2009 all over again! In all seriousness, I would also like to make a simple request to the posters on here: please stop living in the past.