Fred Jackson 'not ready to hang 'em up'

Sure. While we're at it, why not bring Terrell Owens back to compete for a WR spot, since they weren't able to sign Maclin? It'll be like 2009 all over again! In all seriousness, I would also like to make a simple request to the posters on here: please stop living in the past.

id like to male a simple request to you. Do a 360° and find your way out..

Jackson isn't living in tnebpast. Let him try to plau

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to nitpick but wouldn't a 360° bring him right in versus leaving?

get your fancy math calculus outta here.

disirregardless of 360° or not my point stands.

Edited by Boyst62

I say bring him in and let him compete.

McCoy could definitely use motivation. He strives on it. And he had no idea who Fred Jackson is, obviously, so it would be great.

I'm gonna hate myself for asking.... but explain why McCoy needs any motivation, let alone from Fred.

I'm gonna hate myself for asking.... but explain why McCoy needs any motivation, let alone from Fred.

I'll answer this one honestly. McCoy does well with a chip on his shoulder by all accounts. Proving others wrong.

The not knowing Fred Jackson goes back to Bryce Brown when was traded and McCoy said brown was the best back in buffalo and a day one started. Jackson responded by saying spiller and he disagree. McCoy said literally he forgot those two were there

I'll answer this one honestly. McCoy does well with a chip on his shoulder by all accounts. Proving others wrong.

The not knowing Fred Jackson goes back to Bryce Brown when was traded and McCoy said brown was the best back in buffalo and a day one started. Jackson responded by saying spiller and he disagree. McCoy said literally he forgot those two were there

I appreciate the honest answer.

McCoy has had a hall of fame career thus far without competition from Freddy. I can't see how it would make any difference now.

I appreciate the honest answer.

McCoy has had a hall of fame career thus far without competition from Freddy. I can't see how it would make any difference now.

i don't know if he's HOF yet.

but i don't think fred would challenge him as much as purely motivate him.

Funny stuff!!!!!!

your new here, to, huh?

This. I love Fred, but, if he was so good, he would have been on some team's roster last season. Time to move on.

and if he was so good he would have played D1 and been drafted yet he keeps surprising us

and if he was so good he would have played D1 and been drafted yet he keeps surprising us

how has he surprised us lately? Yes, he was an undrafted success story many years ago. No surprises in the last 8 or 9 years. Teams saw him last season with Seattle, they know what he can and can't do. Sorry, it happens to everyone.

Talk about hyperbole. Fred played with a lot of heart. But he was never an elite runner.

I disagree.

Certainly he lacked OJ's elusiveness and top speed, for example. But I believe, back in his prime, Fred was among the league leaders in yards after contact. Our OL just wasn't good back then and Fred found ways to be productive anyway. That's an elite skill.

I'm not sure he would have led the league in rushing for multiple years. I do believe though IF Fred started in the NFL at a younger age, and IF he played for a good team with a good line, and IF he would have stayed healthy, he would have had a HOF career with HOF stats.

Then again, life is full of IFs.

I disagree.

Certainly he lacked OJ's elusiveness and top speed, for example. But I believe, back in his prime, Fred was among the league leaders in yards after contact. Our OL just wasn't good back then and Fred found ways to be productive anyway. That's an elite skill.

I'm not sure he would have led the league in rushing for multiple years. I do believe though IF Fred started in the NFL at a younger age, and IF he played for a good team with a good line, and IF he would have stayed healthy, he would have had a HOF career with HOF stats.

Then again, life is full of IFs.

Pretty much most if not all HOF RBs racked up several upper 200 low 300 carry seasons. Fred never did that even in his prime.

Barry Sanders is demonstrative of a HOF talent on a lousey team. You get the ball even more.

The guy earned the love with his heart and being the lone bright spot on some dismal untalented teams. But he is not a hall of fame talent.

Pretty much most if not all HOF RBs racked up several upper 200 low 300 carry seasons. Fred never did that even in his prime.

Barry Sanders is demonstrative of a HOF talent on a lousey team. You get the ball even more.

The guy earned the love with his heart and being the lone bright spot on some dismal untalented teams. But he is not a hall of fame talent.

My evaluation really isn't based on any kind of numbers. And if I were to look at numbers, I wouldn't look at carries. A RB can't control how many times he totes the ball.

My evaluation is based on watching Fred play. Back in his prime, there were so many times I thought to myself, "Wow! Imagine what this guy could do if he played behind a good line!"

Part of that daydream is seeing Fred get those 300 carries in a season and not getting hurt and not sharing the rock with Travis Henry, Lynch, CJ or whoever else.

I think the 5.5 yards per pop Fred earned in 2011 showed what his potential was. But we'll never really know.

There's no way Jackson can still be productive. I mean, look at Anquan Boldin; he's 36 years old and only had 8 TDs last year. Plus, look at the poor play of the 39 year old Tom Brady...

Tough to ball in the late 30s? Sure. Impossible? Not at all.

If he had the ability to be that productive as an NFL RB he wouldn't have been out for all of 2016 with no takers for '17 either. NFL personnel men know who he is and what he is. Making a blanket comparison to other older players who are still productive has no bearing at all on Fred Jackson's situation.

If he had the ability to be that productive as an NFL RB he wouldn't have been out for all of 2016 with no takers for '17 either. NFL personnel men know who he is and what he is. Making a blanket comparison to other older players who are still productive has no bearing at all on Fred Jackson's situation.

Things is, teams look to youth first for RBs. Always developing them. Because you can beet the snot from them for a couple years and get another.

We really do not know what Fred can bring. and it may well be... not much.

but like hiring a professional employee, the last one you consider is the oldest.

Adrian got a year to get fully healthy and focused, Why cannot Fred ?

Things is, teams look to youth first for RBs. Always developing them. Because you can beet the snot from them for a couple years and get another.

but like hiring a professional employee, the last one you consider is the oldest.

Ask the 32 NFL teams and AP was elite for many years in his career with great speed, sweet feet, and power. Not even a close comparison between the two and remember that Fred broke down quite a bit in his career with significant missed time in 2011, 2012, and 2014. Apparently enough was seen in 2015 in Seattle that no one was interested in him last season or this one thus far with camps opening in July.

Cant find the post but someone in this thread said Fred was never that good?!?

In 2009 FJ had 2,516 all purpose yards. The 5th most yards ever in that category.

One of my fav Bills of all time. Would love to have him back even if only for a season.

Cant find the post but someone in this thread said Fred was never that good?!?

In 2009 FJ had 2,516 all purpose yards. The 5th most yards ever in that category.

One of my fav Bills of all time. Would love to have him back even if only for a season.

He had an excellent Bills' career and we fans loved him for giving his all, but it's 2017 with '09 long ago in the rear view mirror. He ain't coming back! Not in Buffalo anyway.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

If he aint coming back to Buffalo, I hope he hangs up the cleats finally.

I am hoping he does just that. Retires. as Bill though

Whaley or Overdorf , who dismissed him abruptly , might or might not have been one season premature.

He had a good run. Pun intended. Dude always found yards when i was sure he was going to be crushed. or had 3 guys hanging on him. Somehow he amazed

Why do you think that's the case? I think teams know exactly what he can bring based on the last time he brought it.

Regarding AP, in 2015 , he had 1500 yards rushing with 11 TD's. He's been better than Fred his whole career and he's 4 years younger.

Why do you think that's the case? I think teams know exactly what he can bring based on the last time he brought it.

Regarding AP, in 2015 , he had 1500 yards rushing with 11 TD's. He's been better than Fred his whole career and he's 4 years younger.

what year did Fred break his leg? I cannot recall

Is it likely Jackson has much left? No.

Is it unreasonable to say with certainty that he has nothing left, unless you are employed by an NFL franchise? Yes.

Does no interest from any NFL team in the last two seasons say he's done? YES.