McCoy-Big boy bet

Good luck Shady!

David Payne Purdum @DavidPurdum

·

24m

LeSean McCoy bet $200,000 on Warriors to win Finals. It's largest bet Planet Hollywood took on Finals. Would pay $62,500. h/t @RomanEdmond1

Embedded

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO, the cavs only chance is to play the Warriors defensively like they did last year and pray that Klay Thompson turns into Harrison Barnes. Leave him open and hope his confidence gets crushed if he keeps missing. He's been doing a pretty good impression so far in these playoffs.

Edited by NewEra

I want the Cavs to win (not a real Cavs fan but rooting for them in finals) but I don't think they will. Warriors too good. Cavs have no one to guard KD. Good bet by Shady.

They actually have one of the best KD defenders in the league, but they won't use him against KD. I guess they feel like it'll use up too much of Lebrons energy chasing KD around all day.

I love Shady as a ball player, but question his judgment, sometimes. In what way can publicly posting this be a good thing? I know it used to be against NFL rules to engage in team sports betting. I'm not sure if that is still true. But even if it isn't strictly against the rules, you know the NFL and the Bills can't be happy with one of their employees publicizing such a big bet. I also think it's stupid in several other ways, but don't feel the need to enumerate them here.

Edited by The Dean

I love Shady as a ball player, but question his judgment, sometimes. In what way can publicly posting this be a good thing? I know it used to be against NFL rules to engage in team sports betting. I'm not sure if that is still true. But even if it isn't strictly against the rules, you know the NFL and the Bills can't be happy with one of their employees publicizing such a big bet. I also think it's stupid in several other ways, but don't feel the need to enumerate them here.

I'm the opposite on this one. He actually made a good bet, so I respect that.

I'm the opposite on this one. He actually made a good bet, so I respect that.

I have no problem with his pick of the Warriors. Did you really think that was what my post was about? Is the bet better because he posted it online?

So now he has a gambling addiction AND he is an alcoholic?! And to think, we could still have cooking with Kiko commercials instead...

Don't forget he's a murderer as well.

It's his money. Who are we to judge?

I want the Cavs to win (not a real Cavs fan but rooting for them in finals) but I don't think they will. Warriors too good. Cavs have no one to guard KD. Good bet by Shady.

All you need to know with that series is they let Durant have a wide open walk down the lane for an easy basket to guard an open Stephen Curry because they'd rather give up an easy two than let Curry shoot a wide open three...they have zero chance.

It's his money. Who are we to judge?

Go read my post again, and get back to me when you think you have figured out why I question his judgment. HINT: It has nothing to do with making the bet?

McCoach will be cutting his ass next week.

They actually have one of the best KD defenders in the league, but they won't use him against KD. I guess they feel like it'll use up too much of Lebrons energy chasing KD around all day.

yeah they were using Kyrie. Unless they make some changes they are toast.

Go read my post again, and get back to me when you think you have figured out why I question his judgment. HINT: It has nothing to do with making the bet?

If the bolded statements are not passing judgement, then I don't know what judgement is. Its Shady's money and if he wants to show his followers the large bet he made then so be it.

So now he has a gambling addiction AND he is an alcoholic?! And to think, we could still have cooking with Kiko commercials instead...

I read somewhere that gambling addiction affects the hamstring. Something about sweating the bet out and getting dehydrated.

I read somewhere that gambling addiction affects the hamstring. Something about sweating the bet out and getting dehydrated.

this is not good, luckily freddy is still available, we might need him

I have no problem with his pick of the Warriors. Did you really think that was what my post was about? Is the bet better because he posted it online?

Where did McCoy post it? I only see someone else talking about it.

If the bolded statements are not passing judgement, then I don't know what judgement is. Its Shady's money and if he wants to show his followers the large bet he made then so be it.

Yes, genius. I question his judgment. But it has nothing to do with the fact he MADE a bet. I realize you probably can't be as stupid as your are pretending to be, and still be able to competently register for an account. So I will just assume you are a troll. I'm out.

Yes, genius. I question his judgment. But it has nothing to do with the fact he MADE a bet. I realize you probably can't be as stupid as your are pretending to be, and still be able to competently register for an account. So I will just assume you are a troll. I'm out.

But the tweet in the OP wasn't McCoy. Did McCoy also tweet it?

But the tweet in the OP wasn't McCoy. Did McCoy also tweet it?

I do not know, and that's a decent point. But he has yet to deny it is his, or explain why this went public. Perhaps he sent it to someone who is indiscreet and/or untrustworthy. Maybe he will say it was all a joke, or was shared without his permission or knowledge. But honestly, I really have no clue why people think sharing their questionable public doings, is a prudent thing to do.

Certainly the NFL and the Bills can't be happy about one of their star players flaunting something like this. Obviously he won't be cut, or probably even disciplined. But IMO, for a veteran leader to call negative attention to themselves (again) for their non-football related activities, is something I just shake my head at.

I do not know, and that's a decent point. But he has yet to deny it is his, or explain why this went public. Perhaps he sent it to someone who is indiscreet and/or untrustworthy. Maybe he will say it was all a joke, or was shared without his permission or knowledge. But honestly, I really have no clue why people think sharing their questionable public doings, is a prudent thing to do.

Certainly the NFL and the Bills can't be happy about one of their star players flaunting something like this. Obviously he won't be cut, or probably even disciplined. But IMO, for a veteran leader to call negative attention to themselves (again) for their non-football related activities, is something I just shake my head at.

That's a pretty big shift.

If you don't care about the bet, why do you care that someone is aware and shared it? I can start to buy it being less than great for him to be putting it out everywhere on his own... maybe... but unless you have a serious issue with the bet there's no reason to be upset it's not top secret classified information

I'm with you on this Dean because when you play an important position on an NFL football team and expose a gambling habit, problem however you want to describe betting that kind of money you open yourself up to attention where you or your team doesn't need it in my humble opinion.

I also don't think it sets a good example for younger players.

That's a pretty big shift.

Only because I know you aren't a troll, nor a total idiot, I will respond. No shift whatsoever. What I meant, and believe I said, from the get-go. Just fleshed it out a bit more for the learning impaired.

Lol... here we go with the insults from the keyboard warrior.

I made my point. ****, you didn't even pay attention to the fact Shady didn't post it. But hey, keep casting your judgement from your ivory tower.

I'm out.

and cop beater.

percentage wise of yearly income...that would be like a $2,000 bet for someone making $100,000/yr..... winning $625

I'm not sure when Shady was known for his judgement skills. ;)

I can't help but shake my head at how stupid this post is.

1) Shady did not send this tweet. He was not publicizing it. He was certainly not "flaunting" it as you accuse him of doing.

2) Sports betting in Las Vegas is not illegal. You seem to think that it is illegal, or that it is somehow morally wrong for an individual to take a risk with their own hard-earned money.

3) You accuse him of calling negative attention to himself for making a perfectly legal, and very likely an extremely wise investment. Sports betting is not against the law, not against NFL rules, and at best, it is vaguely "wrong" in the minds of a small group of the population that opposes it. I would love for you to explain why you think McCoy's act of placing a bet, and then not tweeting about it will negatively affect the team.

4) You said, "Obviously he won't be cut, or probably even disciplined." I can only hope you do not think our team's best player should be cut for his 100% legal, and likely smart decision. If you actually do, please find another team to follow.

1) Shady did not send this tweet. He was not publicizing it. He was certainly not "flaunting" it as you accuse him of doing.

2) Sports betting in Las Vegas is not illegal. You seem to think that it is illegal, or that it is somehow morally wrong for an individual to take a risk with their own hard-earned money.

3) You accuse him of calling negative attention to himself for making a perfectly legal, and very likely an extremely wise investment. Sports betting is not against the law, not against NFL rules, and at best, it is vaguely "wrong" in the minds of a small group of the population that opposes it. I would love for you to explain why you think McCoy's act of placing a bet, and then not tweeting about it will negatively affect the team.

4) You said, "Obviously he won't be cut, or probably even disciplined." I can only hope you do not think our team's best player should be cut for his 100% legal, and likely smart decision. If you actually do, please find another team to follow.

A football players career can end instantly without notice from injury, many have, and along with it goes all the money and for some the high rolling life style that came with it.

It sets a bad example for younger players in my humble opinion.

with all due respect

Edited by Figster

You clearly missed my point, but that's OK. Several others have, too.

BTW, see "Shadymccoy" at the top, right hand side of the photo? To me, this indicates it was shared on some social media. Just stupid.