Obligatory Color Commentator Comments

Yoho

The trivia questions topic started me thinking about Bills players that when they were on the roster would have a fact about them repeated every game by every commentator as if it were a brand new fact to Bills fans watching.

The current example is that Nick O"Leary is Jack Nickalus grandson.

Others include that Marvcus Patton's mother was a former professional football player and that Ray Bentley wrote children's books. Any others?

Edited by Yoho

George Wilson was a wide receiver who moved to safety a few years ago.

Jason Peters was a tackle that was drafted as a tight end.

Bryan Scott was a strong safety who moved to linebacker.

It seems like when a player makes a significant position change, it gets mentioned often by the announcers.

The trivia questions topic started me thinking about Bills players that when they were on the roster would have a fact about them repeated every game by every commentator as if it were a brand new fact to Bills fans watching.

The current example is that Troy O"Leary is Jack Nickalus grandson.

Others include that Marvcus Patton's mother was a former professional football player and that Ray Bentley wrote children's books. Any others?

Who is Troy O'Leary?

Who is Troy O'Leary?

Troy O'Leary was baseball player. Nick O'Leary is who I meant.

I can quickly tell you the names and numbers of the 1964 starting defense but screw up the first name of a current tight end. It will happen to you all.

Troy O'Leary was baseball player. Nick O'Leary is who I meant.

I can quickly tell you the names and numbers of the 1964 starting defense but screw up the first name of a current tight end. It will happen to you all.

....if they are lucky enough to make it that far....... :)

tyrod taylor. never a chance to start in baltimore behind flacco.

lesean mccoy acquired from phili

frank reich lead the greatest comeback in nfl and ncaa history

doug flutie's throw

marshawn lynch loved buffalo and applebees

kent hull was once the emergency quarterback

aaron schoebel has more sacks on tom brady of the Pats* than anyone.

tom brady enjoys getting his salad tossed in truck stop restrooms.

Wednesday/Thursday of this week I had the pleasure of accompanying my youngest on the 5th grade overnight trip to Gettysburg.

On the way there he was pre-occupied and I bit my tongue. On the way back when we passed Kutztown he was similarly pre-occupied but I had to let him know about a certain hall of famer.

Back in the day Reed/Kutztown comments were obligatory. Yesterday it was obligatory for me as well.

A little off topic, but Al DeRogatis (anyone else remember him?) always called Al Bemiller "Albie Miller." I hated that and couldn't understand why no one at NBC ever corrected him.

Jamie Mueller from tiny Benedictine.

And Don Beebe from Tiny Chadron State. With Tiny Benedictine and Tiny Coe, is Tiny some kind of franchiser that opens up colleges here and there?

It was mentioned up front, but the all time greatest example of this phenomenon is the Ray Bentley "Darby the Dinosaur" thing.

In fact, I think these obligatory snippets of information should be referred to as "Darby Dabs" going forward.

:w00t:

Thurman Thomas wrote "Super Bowl" on his cleats during training camp leading up to Buffalo's 1st Super Bowl appearance to help set the team's mindset and goals for the season. It worked!

If any current Bill is so inclined to do something like this, please change to "Win Super Bowl". :lol:

Edited by ChasBB

A little off topic, but Al DeRogatis (anyone else remember him?) always called Al Bemiller "Albie Miller." I hated that and couldn't understand why no one at NBC ever corrected him.

And Don Beebe from Tiny Chadron State. With Tiny Benedictine and Tiny Coe, is Tiny some kind of franchiser that opens up colleges here and there?

Al Bemiller was a substitute teacher at hutch tech when i went there. He never went a day without his sweat pants and obligatory bills long sleeve. He loved talking bills.