Having followed the Bills for 56 years I have watched annual trends that are totally predictable. Here is a list of annual events that you can count on
1. Fans love guys changing positions. Make a tight end an offensive lineman, make an offensive lineman a tight end, make a wide receiver a safety and he will become a favorite. It usually lasts a couple preseason games and then it is over but fans anxiously wait for the next George Wilson or Paul Costa.
2. There is always a big demand for the hot new tight end out of college. From Kyle Brady to Eric Ebron, there is a clamor for the first round pick to be a tight end. 98% of the time, it was the right decision not to take him.
3. The pre-season wide receiver de jour. He is usually an undrafted free agent, sometimes from a small college or the CFL. He tears things up in the 4th quarter of pre season games and then gets cut to the utter disgust of the fans. However he usually never gets picked up and the next thing you hear about him, he is an assistant coach at a community college
4. There is always disgust with the drafting of a running back because as we all know they are a dime a dozen on the undrafted free agent market. These fans seem to have missed that there are teams that have been looking for running backs for 10 years. And Barkley and Elliot are pretty damn good.
5. Did you ever get the feeling that the fans who call for the firing of the head coach and general manager after every loss probably wouldn't have a job if their boss took the same approach?
Please add your own thoughts