Bills Hiring Joe Schoen as Asst. GM

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he spent first half of his career in Carolina as part of their scouting team. Stating the obvious - but this hire is consistent with everything that has been happening the last couple of months at 1BD..

Was he the same same Director of Pro Personel? If so, not impressed. Dolphins seem to follow the "I've heard of him!" philosophy of signing FAs.

Isn't that what the Forum fan boards want? Lol.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't philosophy.

No we need to be extremely worried. Terry and Kim will never find those 17 people. Hurry go out and get some of the guys that Terry and Kim fired. You know the ones that werent producing to Terry and Kims standards.

Edited by Bill_with_it

A little more on Joe(l)

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/press-releases/article-1/PRESS-RELEASE-Dolphins-Name-Joe-Schoen-Director-of-Player-Personnel/3bf5c07e-8dfd-4d21-a343-887a9d812e8b

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2016/04/miami-dolphins-scouting-department-gets-a-big-endorsement.html

Parcells mentioned Joe Schoen. I've heard multiple people talk highly of Schoen in recent months. Apparently Schoen, who started out as a scout, worked up to national scout, then assistant director of college scouting and then director of player personnel, is known in multiple circles as a tireless worker with a good eye for talent.

Eh, outside of this past year, I can't say I'm a big fan of Miami's scouting department. They went after names, not talent.

I've been coming here sporadically and posts like this are the reason why. I understand 17 years sucks and Pegula's attempt to make a splash with the Ryan circus was an unmitigated disaster. But reading stuff like this makes my blood pressure rise.

This offseason feels different. Every hire we have made is respected across the league and I will defer to the people in the know before buying into the (admittedly warranted) cynicism on this board.

The Bills are making sound decisions. Finally. Time will tell if it equates to wins and playoffs, but I have to say this is the most optimistic I have been in over a decade. Just my Two Cents.

miami has done well with bringing in vets, like we do. but their drafting hasnt' been stellar. reminds me of what whaley did here.

For all we know, he advocated for completely different players than the GM and coach ultimately selected. He is part of the overall evaluation team and it sounds as though he is respected as a talent evaluator. I like it.

I've been coming here sporadically and posts like this are the reason why. I understand 17 years sucks and Pegula's attempt to make a splash with the Ryan circus was an unmitigated disaster. But reading stuff like this makes my blood pressure rise.

This offseason feels different. Every hire we have made is respected across the league and I will defer to the people in the know before buying into the (admittedly warranted) cynicism on this board.

The Bills are making sound decisions. Finally. Time will tell if it equates to wins and playoffs, but I have to say this is the most optimistic I have been in over a decade. Just my Two Cents.

It's hard for some fans, myself included. We've heard "this offseason is different" from different posters throughout the years, and when you hear it again, you go in defense mode.