Knowing what you know today about Kelly and Brady

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brady QBing the Bills in the late 80 and into the 90s would have won multiple Super Bowls. That team might have gone down as the greatest ever with Brady at the helm.

Brady... I have a feeling this kid is going to turn out ok

I'm still waiting to see how he does in his 16th year...the 1st 15 could simply have been beginner's luck.....

On a serious note, how is this really a question ? We all love JK, but no one in their right mind would pass on Brady knowing what we know now.....

Clearly Brady has had a far better career. But I have always contended that if Brady wasn't on the Patriots, and didn't have Bellidick's mastery finding guys that he could plus in and protect Marcia, and if Brady played on virtually any other team and had to face a constant rush in his face, he wouldn't have turned out nearly as good. And yes, I know how smart he is and how fast he can get the ball out and how he can move in the pocket. I also know he cant deal with a strong rush.

I'm still waiting to see how he does in his 16th year...the 1st 15 could simply have been beginner's luck.....

On a serious note, how is this really a question ? We all love JK, but no one in their right mind would pass on Brady knowing what we know now.....

Funny.

And yes.

Clearly Brady has had a far better career. But I have always contended that if Brady wasn't on the Patriots, and didn't have Bellidick's mastery finding guys that he could plus in and protect Marcia, and if Brady played on virtually any other team and had to face a constant rush in his face, he wouldn't have turned out nearly as good. And yes, I know how smart he is and how fast he can get the ball out and how he can move in the pocket. I also know he cant deal with a strong rush.

No QB does well against a constant pass rush.....as far as guys playing with him, with the exception of Gronk, he had Moss for 2 years....and broke all the records one of those year...and that's pretty much it.....I think Brady has done more with less compare to any QB in NFL history......He won SBs with David Givens and Deion Branch as his best weapons.....that's ridiculous....

No QB does well against a constant pass rush.....as far as guys playing with him, with the exception of Gronk, he had Moss for 2 years....and broke all the records one of those year...and that's pretty much it.....I think Brady has done more with less compare to any QB in NFL history......He won SBs with David Givens and Deion Branch as his best weapons.....that's ridiculous....

I'm not talking about a constant pass rush every play, I mean what virtually every QB faces on every team except the Patriots (and Dak Prescott last year). There is no question IMO he has had better protection than any QB in the last 25 years. And it's half him and half Bellichick IMO.

I'm not talking about a constant pass rush every play, I mean what virtually every QB faces on every team except the Patriots (and Dak Prescott last year). There is no question IMO he has had better protection than any QB in the last 25 years. And it's half him and half Bellichick IMO.

There's some truth to that...Dante Scarnecchia ( spelling? ) is quite the Oline coach also....he left after the SB win vs Seattle and Brady got killed the year after in the Championship at Denver...he comes back, they win another SB....

Edited by Iron Maiden

I would go kelly all the way. He is a lot tougher.

While I agree......and the only jersey I've ever purchased is his, in 1992......Brady has those rings. ESPN made a commercial about Vinatieri not getting through a metal detector due to them, and Jimbo was behind him in line.

Rings.

Jim, I *heart* you.

There's some truth to that...Dante Scarnecchia ( spelling? ) is quite the Oline coach also....he left after the SB win vs Seattle and Brady got killed the year after in the Championship at Denver...he comes back, they win another SB....

Yep. There are entire games he virtually never gets touched. Granted, a lot of it is him. He's smart, quick release, throws ton of quick hitters, great at moving in pocket. But he gets ridiculous protection every single game and season. It's also not that crazy to think that the greatest QBs of all time get help from their coach and others. Joe Montana and Steve Young are two of the very best ever and who knows what they would have done without Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice. Young got killed his first couple years.

I would state that Kelly would not fair as well in the Brady era,

Brady would not fair as well in the Kelly era.

The defense of the 90's and the ability to hit the QB would have had a greater impact on Brady. Would he have been as successful without the tuck rule and if a flag would not have been thrown every time someone breathed on him?

Kelly OTOH would be more like a Carson Palmer in the Brady Era.. Just my opinion

I would have traded up in the First round (obviously knowing what I know) for Brady, if only to hear fans complain about what a stupid move it was.

Then, like 15 years later when we're STILL winning, I'd totally throw it in everyone's face. :nana:

Edited by Heitz

Kelly or Brady + cheating coach and organization? Brady is awesome no doubt but we will never know the extent that the cheating has had on the team as a whole. We don't know the results without all the Shady **** that was going down so I'll stick with Kelly.

I would have traded up in the First round (obviously knowing what I know) for Brady, if only to hear fans complain about what a stupid move it was.

Then, like 15 years later when we're STILL winning, I'd totally throw it in everyone's face. :nana:

Best answer yet !...well done....

I would state that Kelly would not fair as well in the Brady era,

Brady would not fair as well in the Kelly era.

The defense of the 90's and the ability to hit the QB would have had a greater impact on Brady. Would he have been as successful without the tuck rule and if a flag would not have been thrown every time someone breathed on him?

Kelly OTOH would be more like a Carson Palmer in the Brady Era.. Just my opinion

now thats an insult to Kelly.Kelly would be more like Big Ben.

Kelly. Brady never becomes Brady without Belichick.

I think a QB has to have the nature to be great QB, but I think there are very, very few who get there without nurture.

Edited by jeremy2020

Awesome

Could be peterman 15 years from now.

How can we answer this?

Would they be both playing on those teams of the 80/90s?

And in that era?

If so Kelly all day long. QB were allowed to be hit back then and Brady isn't as tuff as Jimbo.

If we're talking today, then it's hard to argue with Brady's success but I do wonder how good Jim would be playing today.

Perhaps some weren't able to see what Kelley did in the USFL?

Edited by Yav

I wish Kelly had played in the era where they protected quarterbacks like anything and opened up the passing game. And that the Bills had a DC like Belichick.

Oh yeah, and HGH.