Like or dislike the future of the Bills Organization

I wish all the negative nancies around here would embrace this most positive move, because you're killing my buzz.

Congratulations on making the most hypocritical statement ever to be typed on The Stadium Wall.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly, thank you McD and thank you to the Pegs.

I wish all the negative nancies around here would embrace this most positive move, because you're killing my buzz.

Sarcasm? You're one of the most negative people here

Why because he hired Rex? Some decisions dont work. Firing people while still having to pay them their contract or firing good people because the production is not there are not easy things to do.

Seems pretty easy for them....they do it often

I like the long-term future of the organization.

I think we'll finally be in a spot to draft the best QB in the draft in 2018.

If KC can somehow lay an egg, we could have two picks in the top 5, potentially.

In the 30 months the Pegulas have owned the team, we've had 3 HCs and will be 2 GMs. Hopefully they've learned that this isn't a good model and we need some stability.

We'll see if that happens, but at the very least, I feel pretty good about drafting a really good QB next year.

Sarcasm? You're one of the most negative people here.

Only negative about those who were proven failures and who were holding the team back. I don't believe I've said one bad thing about McD. I've criticized Pegs for keeping said proven failures around, but now that he has awoken, it's all good. :)

Simple as it states in the title. Do you like the way forward Bills Organization is moving?

Do you dislike the way forward the Bills Organization is moving?

Are you on the fence?

Im pretty thrilled thus far. I have my reservations about the abilities of some of the picks, however, Im reasonable and give the kids enough time to show me what they have or have not.

I feel as though for once in the last decade or so since Wade was here things could be moving in a way that would finally make our franchise relevant.

We have an owner that just proves he will not settle for mediocrity/average.

We have an owner that isnt afraid to spend.

We have little holdovers from the Wilson years.

We just filled some very needed holes that had been looked over for a while.

We have what appears to be if healthy a very capable Wr, te, and rb.

We have qb that doesnt lose you games.

I finally feel there is HOPE!

I love the direction the team is headed in, and I would like to add that I really wanted to like Doug Whaley, and generally did not bash him when he wasn't successful. I was always hoping he could learn and grow from his early mistakes and build the Bills in the image of the Steelers. My confidence was severely shaken in him when he 1. Hired that blowhard buffoon Rex Ryan, and 2. Allowed Ryan to dismiss Swartz.

I don't have much faith in the Bills organization. The front office is a mess. The Pegulas just don't know much about pro sports operations, and I don't think Buffalo is an attractive opportunity for the top management guys in the league.

Hoping for the best, expecting the usual.

I like the long-term future of the organization.

I think we'll finally be in a spot to draft the best QB in the draft in 2018.

If KC can somehow lay an egg, we could have two picks in the top 5, potentially.

In the 30 months the Pegulas have owned the team, we've had 3 HCs and will be 2 GMs. Hopefully they've learned that this isn't a good model and we need some stability.

We'll see if that happens, but at the very least, I feel pretty good about drafting a really good QB next year.

As attractive as that may seem I am of the belief that is very unlikely and I doubt we have one in the top 5. The Chefs falling that far is beyond wishful thinking IMO and the Bills will be more competitive than last year. We should have a healthy Lawson and Raglund added to a much more disciplined defense to go with an above average offense. Obviously time will tell but this team won't beat itself like it did last year.

1st...money for hookers and blow is not a waste...2nd.....why do people have confidence Pegulas will finally get it right and why is McDermott so loved here? What has he done?

Touche. McDermott has removed the pool table? :lol:

On one hand I like the moves the owners have made

I never liked Rex

I think hiring HC Sean was a great move forward

And I thought it was time to move on from Whaley so I like the new direction we are headed in

However

On the other hand I'm not 100% convinced our owners know what they are doing

Or that their mgmt structure works

Their moves have not preached any sort of management continuity

Nor can I say that the 2017 off season moves look all that successful

Or that we look primed to win 10 games

They seem more like sideways moves instead of moves that actually improve the team

I am also not convinced that our HC isn't doing the exact same thing as Rex did

Churning the roster for his kind of players to play his scheme

That doesn't necessarily win more games

While I liked our draft, I don't like having to continually move up, losing other high draft picks

So I am kind of ambivalent

Wait and see approach

I just think the owners, GM, and HC messed up on whats as given to them post 2014

Now, we seem to be starting all over again...

jc

McD gives me a lot of confidence although he takes a negative hit for the role(charade) he played in shitting on Whaley. For that he fits right in with Bills dysfunction.

Lets remember both Pegs and McD both said Whaley did 2017 draft. When all injured get back from 2016 draft and 2017 pans out we will see how good Whaley did.

I can not give McD a glowing report until he wins a game as a HC. And shows he can manage a game properly, not like Jauron and Rex and Maronne who failed at that miserably.Then needs to have a winning record next to gain full support. I like his going down fighting talk and if he actually does that he will earn a lot of respect that those guys punting on 4th and 4 from inside opposing 41 yd line lose repeatedly.

Bottom line is if he wins he will be loved.

Edited by cba fan

Pegulas have lost me ..

They have yet to make a correct decision outside of firing their own mistakes

I'll believe in the bills future when I see the baby. Bottom line is I've been down this road over and over again. Every time I think we are moving forward the opposite turns out to be true.. So this time I am stuck in neutral about the future

I'll enter the season like always on an optimistic approach.. But I'd be lying if I said I feel good about the Pegulas as our owners right now

Yet, during that ineptitude a lot of people remained regardless.

At the very least mcdermott started to clean out the gutters so to speak.

There finally seems like their is a process in place and not just place holders to get us through the process.

Most people believe an owner should turn over the team to people who know football. Now on two occasions Pegula was directly involved in hiring the coach. The first by all reports was suggested and pushed by Brandon and not the choice of the GM. Rex destroyed the team. Then the new GM "heads" the search for his second coach and again it is Pegula that makes the decision. First he fell for the rah rah Rex and now he is falling for the discipline and character guy. Then he fires the GM after most on here seemed to approve of the hire. Whaley is nothing special so I really don't care he is gone. But now twice Pegula seems to be giving significant power to the HC. How many times has this really worked? Certainly there is nothing to warrant giving that degree of control to McDermott.

So no, I don't like the direction. I want a traditional owner GM/HC relationship and structure.

I like a little kool aid, just a sip every so often. In a dixie cup.

Yes, I'm excited to see what McForehead can do and really like his stamp on our team culture and principles.

He better circle our late season games in and vs. New England. But I told Williams, Jauron, Marrone and Ryan to do the same and they never listened.

They own 2 franchises....0 GMs and 1 coach

An unproven rookie coach too be exact. Some homers just like the Rex and Marrone hiring (at first) actually believe he can walk on water.

I think a full season of gameday coaching, making adjustments, seeing his staff develop gameday plans (that work) and his win column. All and more are needed Before he gets any respect typically reserved for vet proven successful HC's. In his corner and wish him luck. He could be the best new HC in years. Or? But I Hope he learns how too crack a smile once in awhile. He kind of reminds me of the douchebag who carried a bullhorn while in Buffalo. That didn't end well.

I'm cautiously hopeful. When Pegulas hire a new GM it'll easier to say.

That's part of the problem. The Pegulas are not quallifed for that task.

Simple as it states in the title. Do you like the way forward Bills Organization is moving?

Do you dislike the way forward the Bills Organization is moving?

Are you on the fence?

Im pretty thrilled thus far. I have my reservations about the abilities of some of the picks, however, Im reasonable and give the kids enough time to show me what they have or have not.

I feel as though for once in the last decade or so since Wade was here things could be moving in a way that would finally make our franchise relevant.

We have an owner that just proves he will not settle for mediocrity/average.

We have an owner that isnt afraid to spend.

We have little holdovers from the Wilson years.

We just filled some very needed holes that had been looked over for a while.

We have what appears to be if healthy a very capable Wr, te, and rb.

We have qb that doesnt lose you games.

I finally feel there is HOPE!

Have no idea. Proof will come soon enough. To predict success based on a head coach's press conferences doesn't work. Rex won the off season with his press conferences. Hopefuly headed in the right direction, but, I'm not holding my breath.

I'm not terribly optimistic or pessimistic. I'm realizing that my enjoyment as a fan doesn't hinge too much on success. When we win it's great and when we suck we get to play armchair GM and pontificate on how to rebuild the franchise.

Future looks bright

Poor coached team with avg talent and avg qb play

(I like tyrod but yes it was avg)

2 first next year in a heavy qb draft (most likely)

A more attacking defense using our strength front 4 and allowing our weakness to play zone

I expected 6-10 / 8-8 but show a more sound team with penalties and playing 11 people on defense

I can't be optimistic at least until I know who the new GM is. If they get someone who has a connection with McDermott, then I'll be a tad optimistic. Having a GM/coach on the same page will be an improvement.

Why gut the whole scouting staff, though? Why not let the new GM decide who to retain and who to replace with his own people?

I also can't overlook what Pegula has done to the Sabres. He gutted them too, only two months before the draft, rather than right after. Not real smart.

He's going to have to give McDermott an company more patience, because I see the Bills taking a step back before they start moving forward.

Glad to see Rex fired. Thought Whaley got hosed by the fans and media--I think he will end up doing well somewhere else if given some real authority but if I were him I'd be happy to see Buffalo in my rear view mirror.

Not terribly impressed with the Pegulas' judgment as owners so far. I've got nothing really against McDermott and think he might work out. Who knows if the new GM will work out? It's possible--whoever it is, I hope that there is a clear chain of command, unlike the mess the Pegulas have concocted so far. Firing all the scouting staff seems like an idiot move to me.

I am not investing much emotional energy in the Bills anymore. It's been too frustrating, and frankly, the mess the country is in under president Ignorant Narcissist Horror-Clown is much more worth worrying about.

Edited by Dr. K

See that's the thing, people have to understand this is a true rebuilding process at this point.

What people saw as us spinning our wheels by letting guys walk and drafting their replacements, I saw as mcdermott identifying those players are not being good enough and replacing them with better ones.

If we have a good season this year, awesome, but if not, we have two first rounders in what appears to be a strong draft class. Especially at QB. As I have stated in other threads

Darnold

Allen

Rosen

Falk

Rudolph

Jackson among others. Especially the guy we all don't know about now, who will shoot up draft boards come the off season.

Now again, I'll be the first to say, a lot can change from now until next draft, but I absolutely like that list more than this past years. I like that list better than any class dating back to 2004.

Edited by BillsFan17

Great topic!! I'm not sure where I stand on it. They are certainly shaking things up. I don't think that the Pegulas know what they are doing (and have been saying this for a few years). With that being said I like McDermott so far. He seems like an intelligent guy and will bring an identity and culture. I guess that I am in wait and see mode a little because we've been fooled before. With that being said, I think it's more likely to work than to not.

Terry has taken the lead and I love it

What about a couple that made a lot of money from hydro-fracking for natural gas and no experience with either sport picking GMs for professional football and hockey teams do you love? Particularly right after an absolutely epic whiff on a HC for the same football team?

If you can find a professional sports team where the owner has nothing to do with the hiring of the HC it will be a first.

There is a monumental difference between nothing to do with a hiring and everything to do.

Edited by CodeMonkey

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Whaley-to-spearhead-coaching-search/4358c0f4-45e3-4c6e-bd60-731eb660b142

How can anyone be optimistic when the owner fired his head coach after two miserable years when most of the fanbase knew what a colossal mistake it was to hire him in the first place? THEN the owner decides that the GM would spearhead the HC replacement search (a real cutting-edge idea that one). THEN after the GM finds a suitable replacement, the owner minimizes the GM's role and lets him twist in the breeze for three months only to fire him hours after the draft. A draft that the owner says was put together by the fired GM. THEN there's talk about hiring the new HC's buddy to be a replacement GM. Does McDermott have a fat twin brother somewhere who can be the co-head coach?

I'm usually optimistic until the season is officially over in late October. Maybe McDermott will bring more than platitudes and a businesslike attitude. Let's see it on the field. I'm sick of the crappy ownership decisions so far. If this team is successful, it will be so only by overcoming the shitshow at the top.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/Bills-Today-Whaley-to-spearhead-coaching-search/4358c0f4-45e3-4c6e-bd60-731eb660b142

How can anyone be optimistic when the owner fired his head coach after two miserable years when most of the fanbase knew what a colossal mistake it was to hire him in the first place? THEN the owner decides that the GM would spearhead the HC replacement search (a real cutting-edge idea that one). THEN after the GM finds a suitable replacement, the owner minimizes the GM's role and lets him twist in the breeze for three months only to fire him hours after the draft. A draft that the owner says was put together by the fired GM. THEN there's talk about hiring the new HC's buddy to be a replacement GM. Does McDermott have a fat twin brother somewhere who can be the co-head coach?

I'm usually optimistic until the season is officially over in late October. Maybe McDermott will bring more than platitudes and a businesslike attitude. Let's see it on the field. I'm sick of the crappy ownership decisions so far. If this team is successful, it will be so only by overcoming the shitshow at the top.

So Beane is just a product of cronyism?

Optimistic about our future

Finish the culture change by firing Russ

McDermott was a very good hire

The Pegulas genuinely want this team to be special

Keep the 4-3 for good

The recent draft was decent

Peterman will surprise fans

If 2017 goes SOUTH quickly, tank and get Darnold for the next 15 yrs!

My problem is if 2017 goes South quickly its not an indication that HC Sean knows what he is doing

Either as HC or as one with say in team moves

Folks like me will point out that his first two trades in the draft that we didn't get full value back

Or that he gave away too many picks moving up twice

And that he gave away two potential 2018 draft picks to sign very marginal FA's

And that his remake of our secondary didn't work

Etc Etc...

It won;t be a confidence builder for us fans

Then again if he gets out and win 10 games no one will remember all the above...

jc