2017 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

McD is a dbacks coach. Whaley played dback. It's going to be a dback most likely

Our scheme doesn't need elite CBs. We're going to play a ton of zone.

DB is the deepest spot in the draft (CB and S). Our pick needs to be on a spot where there's a huge drop off in talent.

At this point I'm pretty confident we're picking a QB or Mike Williams.

Edited by jrober38

Really? Which source do we have to wait for to announce? Goodell himself? Adams was tipped by espn being shown on the phone

Yes. I even commented on it and didn't indicate the player for everyone else's sake. People only have to wait a few minutes. There's no need to post that.

I was just about to say I get the feeling that Watson is going to drop big time tonight. Once the championship glow wore off teams saw his flaws. I could see him dropping into the 20's, unless we pick him.

but he beat bama in a big game against a pro style defense.

The guy played only one season. A lot of his plays came from being in the right place at the right time. He is going to take some time to develop. This could cause him to drop.

Admittedly I haven't seen much of him. I've just seen him at the top of the draft for months now

but he beat bama in a big game against a pro style defense.

If you're being sarcastic, I agree. If not I'd say that he's not the only QB who ever beat Bama. Good college QB's always played well against Bama. Bama doesn't face that many good QB's during the season. They face many run heavy SEC teams with poor QB's. It says nothing about Watson as a pro prospect.