2017 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

Giving away three picks to move up one spot for a guy the 49ers were not going to pick anyway is insane. It's more insane to do it for Trubisky.

Yes, I know they wanted to make sure no one leap-frogged them, but the 49ers just committed grand larceny.

Packers got Rodgers at #24, Bears give away three picks to choose Trubisky at #2. While having just paid Glennon a pretty penny.

This is what "putting all your eggs in one basket" looks like.

Giving away three picks to move up one spot for a guy the 49ers were not going to pick anyway is insane. It's more insane to do it for Trubisky.

Yes, I know they wanted to make sure no one leap-frogged them, but the 49ers just committed grand larceny.

Packers got Rodgers at #24, Bears give away three picks to choose Trubisky at #2. While having just paid Glennon a pretty penny.

This is what "putting all your eggs in one basket" looks like.

No risk, no reward.

Wowww!! That was a Shocker for me.

What a gamble. 2nd overall, two 3rds and a 4th round pick for a guy who started 13 games.

I like Trubisky, don't get me wrong. He's one of my favorite QBs in this draft. But damn is that a huge risk by Chicago IMO.

Essentially they have up 3rd picks and a 4th for the QB they wanted. I'm not sure why everyone's mind is blown by that trade. It was aggressive. Selecting Trub that high is more concerning for me.