2017 NFL Draft: Round 1 discussion

Glad we did not draft that nut bag

I don't know...as a coach? That's a guy that fits what I want: attitude and hustle. I can do the rest. In fact it's my job to do the rest. When it's hot and it sucks, because I've made sure it's hot and it sucks, all I have to say is: Grandma.

Either he is full of it, or, he bears down, and I get to know that within 4 days of camp. If it's the latter, I have a guy who will run through walls for the team, and that is highly contagious. I've seen it. If it's the former, he's done, and we both know why. While I agree that's a hell of a risk to take? Only somebody who's led something important would understand that: a guy who's willing to drop an F bomb in the draft is the safest bet there is. Tells me it's quite possible he doesn't see, and therefore, doesn't care, about the glory. He lives for the kill. I know I can lead guys/girls like that into and out of: anything, because I have.

When everything sucks, a leader in a stress environment needs a SSGT or 2. Somebody who is willing to put the project/operation's needs ahead of their own. They are the ones that lead by example.

Why? Because leading by example is not the leader's job. The leader, or coach, by definition has a different job. They drop the F bombs...we act like we disapprove. But, yeah, keep telling yourselves that this isn't about winning/combat/huge $ on the line.

People that say $/winning isn't everything, never had any real $/wins, and tell themselves their kids are their real wins. :rolleyes:

While everyone comparing him to Leodis, he reminds me more of Winfield

I don't know...as a coach? That's a guy that fits what I want: attitude and hustle. I can do the rest. In fact it's my job to do the rest. When it's hot and it sucks, because I've made sure it's hot and it sucks, all I have to say is: Grandma.

Either he is full of it, or, he bears down, and I get to know that within 4 days of camp. If it's the latter, I have a guy who will run through walls for the team, and that is highly contagious. I've seen it. If it's the former, he's done, and we both know why. While I agree that's a hell of a risk to take? Only somebody who's led something important would understand that: a guy who's willing to drop an F bomb in the draft is the safest bet there is. Tells me it's quite possible he doesn't see, and therefore, doesn't care, about the glory. He lives for the kill. I know I can lead guys/girls like that into and out of: anything, because I have.

When everything sucks, a leader in a stress environment needs a SSGT or 2. Somebody who is willing to put the project/operation's needs ahead of their own. They are the ones that lead by example.

Why? Because leading by example is not the leader's job. The leader, or coach, by definition has a different job. They drop the F bombs...we act like we disapprove. But, yeah, keep telling yourselves that this isn't about winning/combat/huge $ on the line.

People that say $/winning isn't everything, never had any real $/wins, and tell themselves their kids are their real wins. :rolleyes:

Well said, some people are scared of black guys with dreads and a loud mouth. I would draft 20 of them guys.

While everyone comparing him to Leodis, he reminds me more of Winfield

Well said, some people are scared of black guys with dreads and a loud mouth. I would draft 20 of them guys.

My favorite tenet of the weak:

"Leaders are made, not born".

They say that because they want you to think that them being in charge is because they've earned it/they have degrees/daddy says so...but it's all BS.

A real leader never concerns themselves with how they got where they are, and you and everybody else knows from day 1 who the leader is. Unfortunately for us, we knew, since pre-K, we'd be right where we are today. Why? Because when Susie doesn't like what Kimmy does, even though you are a boy, they come to you and expect you to solve their problem...over who gets the starry, nap-time rug. 13 years later you end up going to the prom with 3 girls...because: diplomacy.

I am literally watching, from way afar, my Godson go through this as a 3 year old. 20 tykes in the room, and everybody, parent and child, is watching him to see what he does/how he handles whatever the F is going on. There are 5 year-olds who defer to him.

I would feel bad for him, but I don't. I can't. This is the burden of leadership. Any real leader knows they've been one for as long as they can remember.

Is that now-ATL guy a leader? Probably not. I don't care. I'd love to lead him, because I know that when I said "go" he'd either be the first one over the wall, or, the first guy I dumped.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

injury, drug problem at Bama, diluted sample at combine, learning issues, self-control problem at combine

I heard of the sample but not drugs. Drug is a problem that can't be rid of. self-control and football don't mix. Once he has a few more concussions he will be out of control. No one will have mastery over him including himself. He's going to need a lot of help and a very good locker room.

I heard of the sample but not drugs. Drug is a problem that can't be rid of. self-control and football don't mix. Once he has a few more concussions he will be out of control. No one will have mastery over him including himself. He's going to need a lot of help and a very good locker room.

my opinion, it Rex was still here he would have ignored the problems and taken Foster. His combine tantrum shows he might have a problem with penalties on the field. As far as the drugs, it was written in MMQB this week that teams were aware he had drug issues in college. The pee test shows those are either still there or he's just stupid. The last thing the Bills need is more injured players or more drug issues who get lit up with Personal fouls.

my opinion, it Rex was still here he would have ignored the problems and taken Foster. His combine tantrum shows he might have a problem with penalties on the field. As far as the drugs, it was written in MMQB this week that teams were aware he had drug issues in college. The pee test shows those are either still there or he's just stupid. The last thing the Bills need is more injured players or more drug issues who get lit up with Personal fouls.

This a really good way of looking at it. :thumbsup:

This kid is really good.

Go watch the LSU and Florida tape. Zone integrity, PBU's and ball skills. Good stuff

Go watch the Auburn tape. Same thing

Go watch the Alabama tape, same thing.

Kid will be a starter weeek 1. And we got a first and an extra third this year. If you ask me we are drafting smarter this year. We needed a cb and didn't have the money for Gilmore. Now we have a starter for 5 more years who has shown consistent production for 4 years in college.

Good job so far. Need a RT imo next with WR and LB's

Definitely learned to stay off these boards during the draft. Too many idiots giving away the picks.

Waited all night to see the Bills pick and a bozo ruins it during the commercials. He wasn't the only one.

Why? What satisfaction did they get? They have that little going on in their lives they need that satisfaction to feel important?

i caused 17 years with no playoffs?

for what it's worth, i didn't realize that. truly,from the deepest portions of my heart...i am sorry

so it was YOU that caused the playoff drought eh Teef......can I take out 17 years of no playoffs frustration on you then...... :nana: lol..

This kid is really good.

Go watch the LSU and Florida tape. Zone integrity, PBU's and ball skills. Good stuff

Go watch the Auburn tape. Same thing

Go watch the Alabama tape, same thing.

Kid will be a starter weeek 1. And we got a first and an extra third this year. If you ask me we are drafting smarter this year. We needed a cb and didn't have the money for Gilmore. Now we have a starter for 5 more years who has shown consistent production for 4 years in college.

Good job so far. Need a RT imo next with WR and LB's

:thumbsup: excellent post I concur

So Trubisky doesn't know what a hard count is

https://twitter.com/LionsMemes/status/857760254469263360

lol. Lack of experience.

I bet there is an awful lot that guy doesn't know due to his lack of experience. NFL defenses will eat him up if he has to start day1. Needs to sit and learn and practice for at least a year.

If Rex were here we would have taken Foster at 10