Cyrus Kouandjio involved in incident w/police; at ECMC

Bills OL Cyrus Kouandjio remains at Erie County (N.Y.) Medical Center after encounter with police this week. Erie County Sheriff's Office says that Kouandjio did not say "shoot me" to any of their deputies and that he was "compliant, courteous, polite" to deputies
Mike Rodak, ESPN Staff Writer
that sounds a little better

See, here's the thing, it DOESN'T jive with the original deleted thread that said it took 4 deputies to get him on the ground. It's a little off that such a bizarre story would come out to be correct with such a key detail being incorrect.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fake pot affect?

Yes drugs can give you Schizoaffective disorder symptoms. Especially meth.

The symptoms can mostly if not all go away if you get off the drugs. If it is true Schizoaffective disorder many meds can control it. There is no cure. It can go into remission for years. It also can relapse even while on drugs that had controlled it. They need close following by psych Dr.

Possible the lights of emergency vehicles and/or stress of seeing an accident could trigger an event.

I hope he gets treatment and I wish him all the best.

Edited by cba fan

Yes drugs can give you Schizoaffective disorder symptoms. Especially meth.

The symptoms can mostly if not all go away if you get off the drugs. If it is true Schizoaffective disorder many meds can control it. There is no cure. It can go into remission for years. It also can relapse even while on drugs that had controlled it. They need close following by psych Dr.

Possible the lights of emergency vehicles and/or stress of seeing an accident could trigger an event.

I hope he gets treatment and I wish him all the best.

:doh: Oh, holy Christ...

Whaley only drafts damaged players, Watkins, Shaq or whack jobs, Williams, Cyrus, Dareus. Great resume.

You forgot Seantrel Henderson.

And then Whaley loses all the good players to New England: Hogan, Gilmore, and soon Gillislee.

<gets his popcorn ready>

I'm going to end up getting sued by Kouandijo for starting the rumor that he has schizoaffective disorder...because one dumbass didn't click the link.

Only I could have a Peter Pan joke backfire so badly.

The more I think about this, the more I think there were hookers and criminals involved with some kind of extortion taking place.

He most likely got a prostitute, went to some some secluded location in his car. But then it was a trap and some thug came to get him and take his money, property and threatened to extort him and tell the press if he didn't give them more.

Freaking out, he ran away, so desperate he went over an electric fence, just trying to get away.

When the police found him, he was embarrassed and realized that he was in trouble and would rather be shot than deal with the issues.

Could be wrong, but it's an interesting scenario...

Touché

Isn't it amazing how much hate and jealousy that the Crimson Tide bring out in some folks.

Just a quick word about Kouandjio:

This kid never got into any trouble at Bama. He was always a good, solid kid who was thrilled by and very appreciative of being a citizen of this country.

As much as I love the Tide, I was never that fond on selecting Kujo that early. Even though he played LT, he was the 4th or 5th best player on that OL, and I am only counting starters. That particular OL was (imo) the best I have ever seen on a college team. Kujo also had a history of injury.

What matters now is whether of not he is OK. He is just a kid who seems to have some problems. He isn't Aaron Hernandez. I pray for a full and speedy recovery for him.

Edited by Bill from NYC

Wasn't there supposedly an accident on the 400 that he was near? I mention that because I know one article made mention of the fact that he was not involved in the accident on the 400. Maybe he got caught in traffic behind the accident and had to drop a deuce and knew he wasn't gonna make it home or to a bathroom any time soon.

Wasn't there supposedly an accident on the 400 that he was near? I mention that because I know one article made mention of the fact that he was not involved in the accident on the 400. Maybe he got caught in traffic behind the accident and had to drop a deuce and knew he wasn't gonna make it home or to a bathroom any time soon.

yes, it was near the accident. I thought about your theory but the fact he's still under observation at ECMC makes me think it's more serious

Jeez. I'd like to see how the team and HC handle this (sternly would be a good idea IMO) but it seems most teams (understandably) leave the heavy lifting to the league office on these decisions.

If you are talking about Kouandjio, which I assume you are, and the guy has flipped his lid so to speak, the decision is very simple. Cut him. Let him seek treatment for his condition or if not cut - Injured Reserve. There won't be any discipline if the guy is sick. Only if they find out it was drug related.

I'm confused by most of the speculation. The fence was electrified, he most likely removed his pants and threw them on the top of the fence in an attempt at not getting shocked. A lot of fences are electrified across the top, not the entire fence structure. Obviously the main question is why he saw cop lights and decided to jump a fence and run into a field. Sounds like paranoia induced by drugs, but maybe it's something weirder. A lot of psych holds can come from drug-induced weirdness.

yes, it was near the accident. I thought about your theory but the fact he's still under observation at ECMC makes me think it's more serious

Yeah, once I saw he was still at ECMC I started to figure it wasn't as simple as that. He still could've been physically ill in some form, not mentally as so many have speculated. Or high, as has also been speculated. Either way, he seems like a good kid. I don't think he had any red flags concerning his character, he seems pretty humble and reserved. For all we know he could've already been getting treatment for something and he had some bad side effects from medication.

OK so I've been away from this thread for a while and I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I saw this tweet from Pro Football Rumors that Cyrus may actually be suffering from schizoaffective disorder?

Pro Football Rumors @pfrumors 2h

Could #BuffaloBills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio be suffering from drug-induced psychosis? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/cyru

Edited by Big C

OK so I've been away from this thread for a while and I don't know if it's been discussed yet but I saw this tweet from Pro Football Rumors that Cyrus may actually be suffering from schizoaffective disorder?

Pro Football Rumors‏ @pfrumors 2h

2 hours ago

More

Could #BuffaloBills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio be suffering from drug-induced psychosis? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/cyru

A new standard certainly has been set.

Man, lately I've been leaving threads before all the fun begins.

:angry:

Pro Football Rumors‏ @pfrumors 2h

Could #BuffaloBills tackle Cyrus Kouandjio be suffering from drug-induced psychosis? https://www.profootballrumors.com/2017/04/cyru…

I did this pages ago, and got no &#33;@#&#036;ing credit. Except from one dumbass who didn't click the link and thought I was serious.