2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Oh man, it was crazy!

Also, go Sens!

I was there. When Marleau got the first goal, the Tank erupted.

We knew the Sharks were going to tie it up.

Then that moment with Pavelski, everyone was going crazy, because it sure as hell looked like a goal.

Crossbar & Goalpost?! How does that happen?!

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta tip my hat to the Leafs. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure of high expectations in that media cauldron next season.

Agree, congrats to the Leafs on a great season.

And also thought the same thing in regards to pressure when the guys on NBC were talking about "multiple Cup wins" for the Leafs coming up.

Almost reminded me of the Heat thing ..not 1, not2

thought it unfair to the Leafs, and going to be tough to live up to expectations.

Edited by plenzmd1

And also thought the same thing in regards to pressure when the guys on NBC were talking about "multiple Cup wins" for the Leafs coming up.

thought it unfair to the Leafs, and going to be tough to live up to expectations.

They're a good team, and MANY years ahead of the Sabres, unfortunately.

They're a good team, and MANY years ahead of the Sabres, unfortunately.

They been rebuilding on and off for a long time, and they just hired one of the very best coaches in the entire NHL. They should be ahead of us.

Gotta tip my hat to the Leafs. It will be interesting to see how they handle the pressure of high expectations in that media cauldron next season.

Agreed. They exceeded all expectations this year and look like a fantastic young team. There will definitely be more pressure on them next year to do as good/better.

Lots of teams and players have had a good season. Doing it consistently every year is the hard part. But I have little doubt that the Leafs will be as good or better next year.

Oh man, If they're able to snag a good defenseman this summer (from a team trying to avoid losing one to expansion, etc) I'm a little scared to think about it... lol.

They been rebuilding on and off for a long time, and they just hired one of the very best coaches in the entire NHL. They should be ahead of us.

Agreed. They exceeded all expectations this year and look like a fantastic young team. There will definitely be more pressure on them next year to do as good/better.

Lots of teams and players have had a good season. Doing it consistently every year is the hard part. But I have little doubt that the Leafs will be as good or better next year.

Oh man, If they're able to snag a good defenseman this summer (from a team trying to avoid losing one to expansion, etc) I'm a little scared to think about it... lol.

I think the best hedge against wilting under high expectations is Babcock. He's been there, done that, bought the T shirt. Wish we had him.

I think the best hedge against wilting under high expectations is Babcock. He's been there, done that, bought the T shirt. Wish we had him.

Leafs need some widebodies for the 3rd and 4th lines to clog the front of the net and a few men on the blueline to rattle the teeth and tattoos of opponents.

Lou and Babcock are well aware of this.

It was premature this season but well enjoyed with hopefully valuable experience for next year's playoffs.

A good run for my Leafs. Very happy with the way the season went and it's been a long time since I have been able to say that. They got a little taste of the playoffs and I'm hoping that makes them extremely hungry over the summer to put in the work necessary.

Looking forward to the rest of the playoffs. Some good matchups! Should be interesting!

The Leafs were known for their team speed. In this playoff series they also showed grit. As others have said Babock is a difference maker. Babcock's demanding style of coaching was reflected in the tough play of his team. Coaching matters!

Rangers hockey or the NFL draft. which to watch tonight??

hockey on tv and streaming the draft.

does anyone have a favorite place to stream the draft? i just have no idea if one site is superior to another.

Pens/caps good game no. 1. Fleury stepped up big in the third.

yes he did, having 5 bodies lying on the ground in front of the net helped him save at least 2 or 3 goals.

A bad start to the 2nd but the Caps fought back. Both teams played well, some good hits and some good fights.

Should be an interesting series.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Went to Bovada to bet the Oil to win the whole damn thing, but looks like the hockey lines are down for a bit. Prolly missed the boat there by two games, odds before the series started was Oil +550..prolly closer to +500 or even+450 now...which is only behind the Caps and Penquins.

But they did have some hockey future lines open, and can't believe it, but I did put a smidge on the Leafs having more points than Les Habitants next season at +180.

I will be happy if they suck, and at least win some money if they keep preogressing

Went to Bovada to bet the Oil to win the whole damn thing, but looks like the hockey lines are down for a bit. Prolly missed the boat there by two games, odds before the series started was Oil +550..prolly closer to +500 or even+450 now...which is only behind the Caps and Penquins.

But they did have some hockey future lines open, and can't believe it, but I did put a smidge on the Leafs having more points than Les Habitants next season at +180.

I will be happy if they suck, and at least win some money if they keep preogressing

What are you going to spend the winnings on? :D

just saw the only the OTs in Rags-Sens game. Sens got big time screwed in the first OT..two massive missed penalties.

I did not think Sens would make the playoffs at the start of the year, brilliant hockey mind that I am! Looks like they in the EC finals..although the old adage of a series never really starts till someone loses at home prolly holds here.

Edited by plenzmd1

Well seeing as how they will both being looking up at the Sabres, the whole $180 profit buying Cup Final tickets at Key Bank June 2018👍😜

😃 Wouldn't that be something! Tell you what! If that happens, I will buy both tickets, you spend the $180 on beers!!! Only downfall is you have to go to the game with me!!! Lol

Edited by thebug